Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Just going on what I've been told, a Rangers fan I know got told a few players were leaving Rangers (Boyd was one, McGregor another) More importantly, a Ranger's player told him Cuellar was leaving, he spoke to the players after the cup final on saturday.

Just going on what I've been told, a Rangers fan I know got told a few players were leaving Rangers (Boyd was one, McGregor another) More importantly, a Ranger's player told him Cuellar was leaving, he spoke to the players after the cup final on saturday.

There's a lot of bollocks talked by Rangers and Celtic fans (never Newcastle fans like  :undecided:) but a Rangers fan told me the (now cancelled) friendly was part of the Cuellar deal.

I'm still undecided about him, he plays in a 9 man defence so he's bound to look not bad, but he looked dodgy on Saturday.

There's a lot of bollocks talked by Rangers and Celtic fans (never Newcastle fans like  :undecided:) but a Rangers fan told me the (now cancelled) friendly was part of the Cuellar deal.

I'm still undecided about him, he plays in a 9 man defence so he's bound to look not bad, but he looked dodgy on Saturday.

Thats few times people have said that however I doubt it as usually its the selling clubs ground that the friendly is played at to generate more funds for that club as an extra incentive to sell.

12 days till Euro 2008 kick off. We MUST take action within 10 days now, so we don't have to dig up massive after the tournament for the same players we could have got "cheap".

Nothing's gonna happen now imo. All the Euro 2008 players are in training camp now so it'll be very hard to get a deal done in the next 10 days.

:blush:

Only just noticed that ...

Suppose he isn't allowed a "dodgy" game out of the 64 he's played this year!  :rolleyes:

IMO I think he'd be a great signing. Dont forget he's had to carry David Weir all year, and as i've said numerous times before, he is composed on the ball and is very rarely beaten in the air. Get him in...for the right price!  O0

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Forgive me if this was said earlier in this ridiculously massive thread, but i'd love to see us in for the two russians from Zenit, Arshavin and Zyrianov

Guest Heneage

Yeah alot do mate. But we really need to get some players before the Euro's as a good Euro inflates a players price.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

agreed wholeheartedly. 

Since the club haven't had the coherence or wherewithal to follow your simple instructions in recent years, an alternative may be to target players from countries not typically considered to be prem pipelines (croatia, russia, greece, poland, etc.)  and nab some of those players who could probably be signed on the cheap.  The signing of Rozenhal should be a cautionary example, but not the kind of thing that cripples our courage to sign European players.

El “Loco” Vargas seguiría su carrera en Inglaterra, prensa dice que Newcastle planea “secuestrarlo” 

Londres, Inglaterra | agencias. Todos quieren a Juan Vargas. Cuando se anunciaba que Fiorentina estaba a punto de cerrar tratos con el lateral izquierdo del Calcio Catania, se hizo público el interés del Inter de Milán. Ahora surge otro inesperado postor. El ex equipo de Nolberto Solano, Newcastle, entró en la pelea por el “Loco”. Incluso le presentarán una jugosa oferta.

Según la edición dominical del diario Sunday Sun, el club de las “urracas” ha puesto los ojos encima de Vargas: “Está atrayendo el interés de varios clubes grandes después de impresionar durante dos años en la Serie A de Italia. Sin embargo, (Newcastle) está considerando el intentar “secuestrar” al lateral de 24 años de las manos de Inter, Fiorentina o uno de los varios clubes españoles que lo pretenden”.

El rotativo destaca, además, que el “Loco” es considerado el “Roberto Carlos del Catania” y pieza clave en la permanencia del club siciliano en la serie A de Italia. Tal es el interés en Vargas, que el propio técnico de Newcastle, Kevin Keegan, estaría dispuesto a lanzar una inmejorable oferta: nada menos que 6 millones de libras esterlinas (11 millones y medio de dólares), según publica el portal Goal.com.

La intención del club inglés es apoderarse de Vargas a cómo dé lugar. Enterados de las negociaciones con otros clubes como Fiorentina o Inter, han empezado a gestionar su llegada. La versatilidad del “Loco”, así como sus cualidades futbolísticas, demostradas también en la selección peruana, han despertado el interés de las “urracas”.

translation?

Going through every unreliable news source and quoting it.

El “Loco” Vargas seguiría su carrera en Inglaterra, prensa dice que Newcastle planea “secuestrarlo” 

Londres, Inglaterra | agencias. Todos quieren a Juan Vargas. Cuando se anunciaba que Fiorentina estaba a punto de cerrar tratos con el lateral izquierdo del Calcio Catania, se hizo público el interés del Inter de Milán. Ahora surge otro inesperado postor. El ex equipo de Nolberto Solano, Newcastle, entró en la pelea por el “Loco”. Incluso le presentarán una jugosa oferta.

Según la edición dominical del diario Sunday Sun, el club de las “urracas” ha puesto los ojos encima de Vargas: “Está atrayendo el interés de varios clubes grandes después de impresionar durante dos años en la Serie A de Italia. Sin embargo, (Newcastle) está considerando el intentar “secuestrar” al lateral de 24 años de las manos de Inter, Fiorentina o uno de los varios clubes españoles que lo pretenden”.

El rotativo destaca, además, que el “Loco” es considerado el “Roberto Carlos del Catania” y pieza clave en la permanencia del club siciliano en la serie A de Italia. Tal es el interés en Vargas, que el propio técnico de Newcastle, Kevin Keegan, estaría dispuesto a lanzar una inmejorable oferta: nada menos que 6 millones de libras esterlinas (11 millones y medio de dólares), según publica el portal Goal.com.

La intención del club inglés es apoderarse de Vargas a cómo dé lugar. Enterados de las negociaciones con otros clubes como Fiorentina o Inter, han empezado a gestionar su llegada. La versatilidad del “Loco”, así como sus cualidades futbolísticas, demostradas también en la selección peruana, han despertado el interés de las “urracas”.

translation?

The "Crazy" steep Slopes would continue its career in England, press says that Newcastle plans "to abduct it" London, England | agencies.  All they want Juan steep Slopes.  When it was announced that Fiorentina was on the verge of closing deals with the left winger of the Calcium Catania, public the interest of the Inter of Milan was make.  Now another unexpected one arises postor.  The former team of Nolberto East wind, Newcastle, entered the fight by the "Crazy".  Even they will present him a juicy offering. 

According to the Sunday edition of the daily one Sunday Sun, the club of the "magpies" has placed the eyes over steep Slopes:  "It is attracting the interest of various large clubs after impressing for two years in the Series TO of Italy.  Nevertheless, (Newcastle) is considering the to try "to abduct" to the lateral one of 24 years of the hands of Inter, Fiorentina or one of the various Spanish clubs that intend it". 

The newspaper emphasizes, besides, that the "Crazy" is considered the "Roberto Carlos of the Catania" and key piece in the continuance of the Sicilian club in the series TO of Italy.  Such it is the interest in steep Slopes, that the own technician of Newcastle, Kevin Keegan, would be willing to launch a superb offering: nothing less than 6 million pounds sterling (11 million and middle of dollars), as publishes the entry Goal.com. 

The intention of the English club is to seize steep Slopes to how give place.  Aware of the negotiations with other clubs as Fiorentina or Inter, they have begun to negotiate their arrival.  The versatility of the "Crazy", as well as their soccer qualities, shown also in the Peruvian selection, they have awoke the interest of the "magpies". 

www.freetranslation.com

:lol:

Juan Vargas is a good left back that plays for Catania who just avoided relegation on the last day of the season.

My amazing foreign language skills tell me that you, Fiorentina and Inter want him.

Keegan

Crouch

Dunne

Riise

Kapo

SWP

Henry

Vetere

Gomis

Turan

Moreno

Nelson

Sessegnon

Amorebieta

In fairness, all the Keegan ones are proven Premiership quality.  The Vetere ones are names which may not work in this league.  I'd go with all the names under the Keegan list.

Keegan

Crouch

Dunne

Riise

Kapo

SWP

Henry

Vetere

Gomis

Turan

Moreno

Nelson

Sessegnon

Amorebieta

In fairness, all the Keegan ones are proven Premiership quality.  The Vetere ones are names which may not work in this league.  I'd go with all the names under the Keegan list.

Keegan would want Crouch for £15m (what they want for him), Riise who is beyond shite, SWP who has done nothing in two years & Kapo who was in and out of a relegated Birmingham side?

Screw PL experience. I think it's a load of bullshit. If a player is good, he will make it no matter where he plays as long as he fits in with his teammates.

Choosing PL experience instead of potentially better players is a route I really don't like. I think it's a cowards way. It's safe, you know what you get (even though that might not be good enough), and you pay way over the odds. Let's get some exciting players in. Some may not make it, but there will be players who do, and that is worth much more than all of the average Joe's that we call Crouch, Kapo, Riise etc.

How proven are they. Liverpool want rid of Crouch, and for some reason they want MORE than they paid for him(ridiculous if you ask me). Riise is the definition of cast off. SWP is another squad player who isn't really wanted. And Kapo didn't set the world alight at Brum.

Much better to sign up and comers that are looking to prove themselves in the league if you ask me.

Screw PL experience. I think it's a load of bullshit. If a player is good, he will make it no matter where he plays as long as he fits in with his teammates.

Choosing PL experience instead of potentially better players is a route I really don't like. I think it's a cowards way. It's safe, you know what you get (even though that might not be good enough), and you pay way over the odds. Let's get some exciting players in. Some may not make it, but there will be players who do, and that is worth much more than all of the average Joe's that we call Crouch, Kapo, Riise etc.

Sorry but that really isn't true.

Sorry but that really isn't true.

Whys that?