Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest elbee909

Shame Roma are in for him

We'd have to push the boat out.  Though I've a feeling even if we did, he'd still go to Roma. :( I know the odd person might find that hard to come to terms with.

Guest sicko2ndbest

'Push the boat out' is unfortunately not a phrase that Ashley is familiar with when going after players

Guest elbee909

Don't bury your head in the sand, man.  Everyone knows he doesn't want us to buy any players.  In fact he wants to relegate us.  An anagram of Mike Ashley is "Is Mackem".  Almost.

Don't bury your head in the sand, man.  Everyone knows he doesn't want us to buy any players.  In fact he wants to relegate us.  An anagram of Mike Ashley is "Is Mackem".  Almost.

:lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

'Push the boat out' is unfortunately not a phrase that Ashley is familiar with when going after players

Says who?

I said it u daft c##t  :razz:

Guest sicko2ndbest

skysports.com

Reyes rejects newcastle due to personal terms and is on the verge of joining Monaco

Guest johnson293

skysports.com

Reyes rejects newcastle due to personal terms and is on the verge of joining Monaco

Full article...

Atletico Madrid winger Jose Antonio Reyes has refused to confirm reports that he has turned down a move to Newcastle United in favour of a switch to Monaco.

Reyes has been linked with a summer move away from Atletico despite only signing at Vicente Calderon from Arsenal last July.

Newcastle were believed to be lining up an offer for the 24-year-old, and reports emanating from Spain have suggested Reyes has rejected personal terms.

It is claimed he is now in advanced talks with Ligue 1 club Monaco after Atletico accepted a bid worth €7million (£5.5million).

Reyes said: "I am calm. My agent is dealing with the matter."

How would/could we have offered him personal terms, if we were still lining up the offer for him (presumabely to Athletico)??

skysports.com

I don't care, if we get The Beast instead... ;-)

Don't want them either.

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

i cant understand why we are interested in Reyes???

We signed Jonas,we have Milner,Zoggy,Geremi,Duff ...to play on the left and on the right.

Maybe Keegan wants him as a striker but still i think we can find something better then him.

And also he said he dont like the north.

I think thats enough...

i cant understand why we are interested in Reyes???

We signed Jonas,we have Milner,Zoggy,Geremi,Duff ...to play on the left and on the right.

Maybe Keegan wants him as a striker but still i think we can find something better then him.

And also he said he dont like the north.

I think thats enough...

What he said minus the bad grammar.  :pow:

I have to say this is probably a good thing.  In my view, players who want to play for us are more successful than those who come for the money.  This stance also forces the club to look for 'hidden' talent rather than 'known' players who demand excessive amounts of money.  Shows the club is more stable and creates a culture that the club is bigger than the player and not the other way round.

Baptista has all of the footballing attributes to be a quality striker here yet there's always the worry he wouldn't settle after his comments about the north of England when he was at Arsenal.

If Roma are seriously interested then he won't come here anyway.

I'm not sure at what point the article confirms, as the headline suggests "Reyes Snubs Magpies"!

The first line of the article says "Atletico Madrid winger Jose Antonio Reyes has refused to confirm reports that he has turned down a move to Newcastle United"

I saw that too! Dickheads!

Guest Christian Hayne

Its funny how every player the media seem to think we have bid for always seem to turn us down due to personal terms. They really must be finding it hard to think of any of our targets.

is there any proof we are in for reyes at all ?

Guest elbee909

I thought the whole Reyes thing came about in the first place, only because they got him mixed up with Guttierez.

If that's true, then this is starting to become quite a concern.

Paper invents transfer target.

Player moves elsewhere

Paper invents 'personal demands' as reason for transfer not going ahead.

And repeat

So we're not bidding for players at all? Fantastic.

Baptista has all of the footballing attributes to be a quality striker here yet there's always the worry he wouldn't settle after his comments about the north of England when he was at Arsenal.

Silvio Maric once said all English women were ugly before we signed him and he was a hit.