Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest sondre

Would also rather see us going for a playing, pacy CD instead of Dunne. Go to Portugal and get some of that defensive talent.

Think Kitson would be worth a punt as well if we're going to the Reading summer sale.

Why?

Scored 10 goals in 28 starts for a relegating team. Looked impressing many times I've seen him this year. Wouldn't be to expensive. There are of course a lot of players I'd like before him, but if we don't get any of them or Owen/Martins goes, then I believe he would be a good signing. The ginger-fact is obviously an issue, but I will stay strong and cope with it.

:lol:

Imo, if we're signing a centre-forward, they need to be better than Viduka. They need to be top quality.

Yeah for defence I'd go for : Shorey, Dunne

midfield : Veloso because I can't think of any other decent dm's and a flair type player like Arshavin or SWP

Strikers : go for Santa Cruz, if no dice then Gomis, Ashton etc.

Guest sondre

My summer wish list

Kenwyne Jones

Diego

Wilson Palacios

Per Ciljan Skjelbred (would be max 3,5 mill)

David Bentley

Vincent Kompany

Abou Diaby

Keep the Zog, get rid of Smith, Duff, Barton, and Geremi

Guest LUKASJJ

I would love with the following-

Dunn (CB)

Riise/Shorey (LB)

Veloso (DM)

Palacios (CM)

SWP Could play right wing in 442 or up front in a 433

Gomis/Ashton/Santa Cruz

Guest NorthernSoul

Yea, we're desperate for that 'Diego' type player. We lack any form of invention in Midfield more than anything

Allow me to piss on your rainbow for just a minute..

My summer wish list

Kenwyne Jones-- quin would rather lick the sweat off my arse than sell his best player to us.

Diego-- There must be loads of clubs more prestigious than ourselves battling for this man

Wilson Palacios

Per Ciljan Skjelbred (would be max 3,5 mill)

David Bentley-- side-step for him

Vincent Kompany

Abou Diaby-- would arsenal let him go?

Keep the Zog, get rid of Smith, Duff, Barton, and Geremi

Please no Dunne him and Faye the slowest partners ever.

Nonsense. Faye is not slow. Neither is Dunne tbh. He isn't super fast, no, but not particularly slow.

True and if you are a top class centre half then speed shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Hugo Campagnaro is linked to us and Fulham by Clubcall. Might not be the best source, but does anyone know anything about this guy?

I didn't find out much, except that he is a 27 years old Argentinian CB, and playing for Sampdoria. Not many clips of him on Youtube either.

According to a portuguese radiochannel, think its called RR or something like that, we have today raised our bid for Veloso from 20 to 22.5 million euros.

We are also, apparantly keeping close tabs on several of Sporting players such as the goalkeeper Rui (just signed a new contract), Moutinho and attacking mifielder Simon Vukcevic.

http://www.svenskafans.com/europa/artikel.asp?id=224031 

That is the link, although its in swedish. Scroll down and you'll see Newcastles name mentioned.

Guest guinness_fiend

Been listening to an egyption radio channel while searching romanian newspapers on the net... new news as of yet but i'll keep you lot posted.

Why? :lol:

I suspect that you are due a whoosh very shortly.

Been listening to an egyption radio channel while searching romanian newspapers on the net... new news as of yet but i'll keep you lot posted.

I suspect that you are due a whoosh very shortly.

Whoosh me then....

I'd say thats a lame way of trying to make fun of me and what I just wrote. Nevermind him.

Let me clarify then, the guy who wrote the article on the swedish website, is portuguese, and its just a wild guess, but i think he does listen to portuguese radio, just to keep himself updated with news in his homeland. Wouldnt you do that if you were living in a foreign country?

I'd say thats a lame way of trying to make fun of me and what I just wrote. Nevermind him.

Let me clarify then, the guy who wrote the article on the swedish website, is portuguese, and its just a wild guess, but i think he does listen to portuguese radio, just to keep himself updated with news in his homeland. Wouldnt you do that if you were living in a foreign country?

I'm failing to see what egyptian radio stations and Romanian newspapers have to do with Miguel Veloso.