Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest Heneage

Haha, I asked if any papers had reported it, he said that Moutinho would be easily attainable.

Guest ObaStar

I guess you can compare a Newcastle fan with a physically abused wife. She wants to believe his husband when he says that he will never hit her again, and somehow she probably knows that he will do it, but she still chooses to believe in him because she wants to believe in it. And over and over again she gets disappointed when it doesn't work.

Thats like us dreaming about some of the players mentioned around in this forum.

Haha FFS i seriously need some sleep!!!!

How long did it take you to come up with that comparison?

Dont poke fun man, he's obviously in an abusive relationship.

does your wife beat you? thats horrible then

Linked with Nicky Shorey for 2.5 million

In the Daily star so rubbish probably

Nicky Shorey will lead a mass exodus from relegated Reading by joining Newcastle in a cut-price £2.5million deal.

Linked with Nicky Shorey for 2.5 million

In the Daily star so rubbish probably

Nicky Shorey will lead a mass exodus from relegated Reading by joining Newcastle in a cut-price £2.5million deal.

yeah saw that on SSN.  Wouldn't be against it for £2.5m as backup for Enrique.  Although whether or not Shorey will expect to be a first-team regular I don't know.

Guest Vigge

Can Shorey fill in several positions as a utility/backup player ? Maybe he is a left back only and I am confusing him with someone else?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3564888,00.html

wtf.  His goalscoring records comparable with Smith's

what you're on about?!

Look at the link.

I did.

it's one game, mate?

wtf.  I'm confused now.

Diane's goalscoring record is.

02-03 Roye 26 Goals, 34 Games  (-)   

03-04 Reims 19 Goals, 35 Games  (-)   

04-05 Reims 8 Goals, 34 Games  (-)   

05-06 Strasbourg 9 Goals, 34 Games  2 Goals, 8 Games (UEFA Cup)   

06-07 Paris-SG 5 Goals, 33 Games  6 Games (UEFA Cup)   

07-08 Paris-SG 5 Goals, 22 Games  (-) 

Edit:

Above is in the league.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3564888,00.html

wtf.  His goalscoring records comparable with Smith's

what you're on about?!

Look at the link.

I did.

it's one game, mate?

:lol: :lol: indeed

http://www.skysports.com/football/squad/0,19752,11820,00.html

9 goals in 24 appearances. 

Not just comparable, miles ahead.  sign him today.

I knew he wasn't prolific, either. but it was kinda an insult to compare him to smith.

Guest NorthernSoul

It's an insult to compare anyone with Smith.  Cacapa will leave this club with a better scoring record.

;D Sadly thats probably true

Guest loonietoonie

SkySports.com also claims that Paris Saint Germain and Ivory Coast defender Amara Diane would jump at the chance of a move to St.James' Park this summer.

Diane, 25, who has already been linked with the Magpies, reportedly said: "Kevin Keegan is a dream coach, his team always plays offensive football and playing in England would be a great opportunity.

"I know there is some contact between the two clubs and if an agreement is reached, I will go to Newcastle.

"To play with Michael Owen would be great and there is also Obafemi Martins who is a top striker.

"The Premier League is attractive and some of my Ivorian friends are there so I would be in good company."

www.nufc.co.uk

That'll just be .cock's rumour round-up I assume? Means nowt.

Direct quotes from the player though, which is more than we've had from anyone else so far.

He says the clubs have had contact.

Diane, get him in. Can't really be turning our nose up at people.

Aye might as well resign Carr as well with your 'if he can kick a ball/man and has played in professional sport sign him' policy.  I really dont rate Diane seen him a few times in Le Championat.

Seems certain that we have been in touch with PSG, and he does seem very keen to come.

SSN got it on too.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3564888,00.html

Diane happy with Toon talk

PSG ace admits interest

Paris Saint Germain star Amara Diane has admitted he would jump at the chance to join Newcastle United.

The Ivory Coast star has been linked with a move to Tyneside after Kevin Keegan checked on him personally earlier this month.

The 25-year-old has now told skysports.com that he would love to make the move to England.

"Kevin Keegan is a dream coach, his team always plays offensive football and playing in England would be a great opportunity," he told skysports.com.

"I know there is some contact between the two clubs and if an agreement is reached, I will go to Newcastle.

"To play with Michael Owen would be great and there is also Obafemi Martins who is a top striker.

"The Premier League is attractive and some of my Ivorian friends are there so I would be in good company."

Newcastle are seemingly taking a keen interest in the French market with St Etienne's Bafetimbi Gomis also thought to high on Keegan's list of targets.

Keegan is understood to have been in France last weekend to check on potential new signings and he attended the PSG-St Etienne clash with both Diane and Gomis playing - but neither scored.

ALSO Kapo story's

Newcastle United plan £5million Blues swoop

07:24 May, 14, 2008

Newcastle United Football Club are weighing up an offer for Olivier Kapo.

The France international enjoyed a fine debut season in England with Birmingham City following a £3million move from Juventus, and the Blues know relegation could force them into a sale this summer.

A number of clubs have already been linked with the 27-year-old, yet Kevin Keegan is hoping to stave off all competition for the midfield player by offering £5million as soon as the window reopens.

This certainly sounds like an exciting signing for the Magpies, but what do you United fans think – do you reckon Kapo could come in and make a real impact at St James Park next season?

OH AND

Newcastle United look at £5million Hammers star

06:30 May, 13, 2008

Newcastle United Football Club are weighing up an offer for Luis Boa Morte.

Kevin Keegan is desperate to add more flair to his squad during the summer transfer window, and he feels he could get the most out of the unsettled West Ham United midfielder.

"I've got another two years on my contract," Boa Morte told the News of the World at the weekend. "I can't say I'm completely happy at West Ham United. In the end we'll see."

It is believed Keegan will offer £3million for the Portugal international, who arrived at Upton Park just last January when he moved from Fulham for a reported £5million.