Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Normally when we get a link to a foreign player, you can do a Google search in that language and there'll be some sort of article. Just went on google.es, put in "Eto'o Newcastle", and the only articles are from when we beat Mallorca 4-1 in the UEFA Cup a few years ago. Nothing even on their crap websites.

I watch a lot of Spanish football and I'm not impressed with joaquin as a "package", I do like his skills and his crossing ability it's just he only ever does this once in 3-4 games.

If you wanted an exact example we are talking Laurent Robert, excellent on his day, could become a fans favourite but far too many games as a passenger for my liking...

Paulo Assunção has bought himself out of his contract with Porto, he'd make a good replacement for Nicky Butt.

http://goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=715865

is this the same player who used to play for Milan and/or Roma? or am I thinking too far back. I used to watch football italia all the time and recall this name...

Marcus Assuncao weren't it? Hell of a free-kick on him i recall.

Guest Heneage

We want a winger who will track back look at Petrov as an example of why they must track back, I can't see Joaquin doing that.

See for me SWP and Joaquin offer similar risks - SWP hasnt produced anything substantial for the past 3 years would still command a big fee and would also comand a hefty wage, he's also been content to sit on the bench.

Joaquin for me is the better player although like you say hasnt been spectacular recently he's been in an underachiveing side desperate to sell - if Villa is being touted at £16m then i think we could get Joaquin for an even lower price.

Toss up for me.

You must be the reincarnation of Nostrodamus, making that prediction.

To be fair, it wasnt a prediction, apparently thats how much he was being linked with spurs for.

Newcastle and Portsmouth both want Crouch,  neither club happy with Liverpool's £15m valuation.  Thinks Crouch would prefer Pompey, having already played there for Redknapp.

Info comes from one of Defoe's mates.  Apologies if already posted.

Newcastle and Portsmouth both want Crouch,  neither club happy with Liverpool's £15m valuation.  Thinks Crouch would prefer Pompey, having already played there for Redknapp.

Already been posted, Defoe's mate come on and spilled the lot, John Utaka signed up earlier in the week aswell and rumour has it he's trying to get a good relationship with some of the fans before he completes his 7.2m move next week.

Already been posted, Defoe's mate come on and spilled the lot

:lol:

We need a centre forward; we are pissing about with Owen's contract & being linked all over the shop with targets. I don't think that Crouch will come here & this Gomas talk has talking too long (nufc being used again?). If we can get Heskey cheap - get him; very useful squad member.

Guest sondre

See for me SWP and Joaquin offer similar risks - SWP hasnt produced anything substantial for the past 3 years would still command a big fee and would also comand a hefty wage, he's also been content to sit on the bench.

Joaquin for me is the better player although like you say hasnt been spectacular recently he's been in an underachiveing side desperate to sell - if Villa is being touted at £16m then i think we could get Joaquin for an even lower price.

Toss up for me.

You must be the reincarnation of Nostrodamus, making that prediction.

To be fair, it wasnt a prediction, apparently thats how much he was being linked with spurs for.

Being nothing more than average for some years now, would be a disaster to pay more than 6-7 mill for him now. Would be a massive gamble, and I would rather see us go for SWP, who was Chelseas best player for some time this winter.

Not a lot of progress being made again it would seem, one down in Emre and Dunne off to Pompey, Gomis's price going up and we seem static. Yes okay maybe just maybe the club are managing to keep deals quiet but its not likely with us is it and other clubs appear to be doing more than us again

Dave made a good point in the other thread, everyone's moaning about the lack of transfer activity so far but look at how the Emre came about, there were no rumours about him leaving to Fenerbache, the news just broke within a few hours and in fact the English press didn't even know about it till the day after. My point is that we'll be trying just as hard as any other club to bring in players but we're keeping them under wraps and personally I'm delighted this is the way we're going about it.

Dave made a good point in the other thread, everyone's moaning about the lack of transfer activity so far but look at how the Emre came about, there were no rumours about him leaving to Fenerbache, the news just broke within a few hours and in fact the English press didn't even know about it till the day after. My point is that we'll be trying just as hard as any other club to bring in players but we're keeping them under wraps and personally I'm delighted this is the way we're going about it.

:clap:

Yes it is true about Emre; but that is when we've sold & Fenebache kept it quiet until it was done. We could hardly say we'd sold just in case something went wrong (remember the Milner fiasco?).

Look at Woodgate & Modric they both got "leaked" out late in the day as more or less done deals & hours later they'd both signed for Spuds.

Guest Stephen927

Kevin Keegan has made his first summer signing.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/keegan%20swp.JPG

Chelsea winger Shaun Wright Phillips. Here, the two are pictured together standing in front of Keegans automobile.

Chelsea winger Shaun Wright Phillips. Here, the two are pictured together standing in front of Keegans automobile.

In other news the wheel was invented.

Haven't heard that one before :lol:

In other news the wheel was invented.

I can see at least two!