Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

We have only had 2 windows under this new board. One where they were completely new to the whole thing and one where there was a change of management half way through.

I don't think we are at the "it happens every window" stage just yet unless the old board are secretly in charge of the transfers (thats not a dig out the old board, wooooaaah there!) :D

At you? Did you even read that final sentence? Every fan of Newcastle knows we need players, it's not just you.

Board seem to think we don't, it seems to think we need to sell more than we need to buy.

I really hope my impatience looks foolish by the end of the window, but chances are i'll have been right to be worried from the off, the signs aren't good, and they certainly aren't getting any better.

Long, tough, disappointing summer ahead.

We have only had 2 windows under this new board. One where they were completely new to the whole thing and one where there was a change of management half way through.

I don't think we are at the "it happens every window" stage just yet unless the old board are secretly in charge of the transfers (thats not a dig out the old board, wooooaaah there!) :D

:lol:

Would love to know who is actually in charge of the transfers for the club right now.

Its June 8th. We have already bid what would have been a club record. I don't see why anyone would be so worried yet. As Dave said, August and still nothing and then we should start to get worried.

At you? Did you even read that final sentence? Every fan of Newcastle knows we need players, it's not just you.

Board seem to think we don't, it seems to think we need to sell more than we need to buy.

I really hope my impatience looks foolish by the end of the window, but chances are i'll have been right to be worried from the off, the signs aren't good, and they certainly aren't getting any better.

Fucking hell man. How on earth can you continue to follow this club with so little faith? It's all we have.

The board could be close to a few new players, they might not. The truth is you simply don't know. So how can you criticise them, unless you know what they are trying and planning?

Its June 8th. We have already bid what would have been a club record. I don't see why anyone would be so worried yet. As Dave said, August and still nothing and then we should start to get worried.

August? You think the club needs to be bringing in players then?

Excellent, miss pre-season, vital training sessions and player get togethers as we sit and wonder why our new signing(s) hasn't set the world alight and everyone is calling him shit after 5 games. 

I think we should try to sign Joao Moutinho, even though we'd probably be wasting our time.

Interesting suggestion.

He was supposedly on our radar wasn't he? Some story about us going for Deco or him.

August? You think the club needs to be bringing in players then?

Excellent, miss pre-season, vital training sessions and player get togethers as we sit and wonder why our new signing(s) hasn't set the world alight and everyone is calling him shit after 5 games. 

Not this again...

Fucking hell man. How on earth can you continue to follow this club with so little faith? It's all we have.

The board could be close to a few new players, they might not. The truth is you simply don't know. So how can you criticise them, unless you know what they are trying and planning?

I have no faith in the club, only love. Faith left a long time ago.

If i thought they were trying i'd be happy, i just feel in all honesty the power struggle is real and is hampering our ability to sign players and if so its not going to resolve until someone is sacked.

I could be wrong, i really could and hope i am, but then i could be right, its my opinion as that's what this club is best at, to disappoint and never take advantage of a good thing.

But you'll not know until the window closes. That's not to say we shouldn't be trying to get players in as easly as possible, but getting depressed this early is madness.

But you'll not know until the window closes. That's not to say we shouldn't be trying to get players in as easly as possible, but getting depressed this early is madness.

I don't think i said i was depressed  (maybe i am!!!) :lol: just showing concern.  :weep:

I think we should try to sign Joao Moutinho, even though we'd probably be wasting our time.

Interesting suggestion.

He was supposedly on our radar wasn't he? Some story about us going for Deco or him.

Was that recently? I vaguely remember us being linked with him a year a go but his value will probably have rocketed since then  :undecided:

Still, I'd love to see us try for him.

Guest sondre

Podolski worth a punt? Doesn't get much playing time with Klose and Toni at Bayern, so maybe he's keen on leaving? Would be a great signing imo.

Podolski worth a punt? Doesn't get much playing time with Klose and Toni at Bayern, so maybe he's keen on leaving? Would be a great signing imo.

He's quality...Worth a shot but im not sure that we could get him, i doubt it, but what's wrong with trying, only 23 years old also i think..

Guest sondre

He's quality...Worth a shot but im not sure that we could get him, i doubt it, but what's wrong with trying, only 23 years old also i think..

Agree, absolutely someone we should go for!

Agree, absolutely someone we should go for!

Would be excellent in a 4-3-3 aswell as 4-4-2, as he has accomplished both winger and striker roles.