Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Just out of interest DaehtihS, who do you think are a bigger and better club nufc or the mackems?

Also, if we have no hope of signing good players, becasue "we are such a small club" then how did Man City manage it last season? In the past 10 yearsm Man Citys hightest finish was something like 9th, how do you account for them being able to sign the likes of Elano, Corulka and Petrov etc? Surely if they can manage it with there history then we can with ours, theres absolutely no question bout it, club for club the most pessimisitc would say we were equal, (Stadium, Finance, recent history) but the ones with half a brain wiuld all say we have had a far better recent history, so what your verdict? This example contravenes anything you've actually said.

Dont tell me any rubbish about finance either because you havent used that line beofre in your "realistic" views so i wouldnt expect that explanaition now.

a manager that is famous does helps. speaks out your intentions. so does the new chairman who has expressed publicly his ambitions to tackle the top 4. them spending quite a bit last season also signals serious intentions. something like what we were. agreed may not work. maybe our Everton kind of method as it looks like this season will work better. mind u, will love to be the next everton. only time will tell.

Like Kevin Keegan?

dunno abt that....yes a legend in our world but outside that and England....debatable.

:laugh:  Proof if ever it were needed that you're f***ing clueless.

f*** off midds. :hmm: :lol:

just prove how deluded we can be and no wonder the easiest laughing stock in the league. easily say Sven and Ramos have 5x the pulling power than KK has currently. come on, a legend i admit but to outsiders a manager that wins nought and famous for bottling.

First time I could agree with you. Give you that.

Aye the buy em young make em top layers and sell them idea, suppose we shall see in the next 3 to 4 years.

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/newcastle-consider-making-offer-young-fr-5512096.html

Newcastle Consider Transfer Offer For Young French Striker Monnet-Paquet

Submitted by Jake Briggs on Mon, 2008-07-14 18:11. Newcastle United Premiership Transfer News

Newcastle United are tracking young French striker Kevin Monnet-Paquet, who is currently playing for RC Lens in France.

19-year-old Monnet-Paquet made his debut for the Lens in 2006 on his 17th birthday, but is not prepared to play in Ligue 2 following Lens’ relegation last season from Ligue 1, the top-flight of French football.

Magpie scouts have been alert to this development, with it thought that the Premier League club are considering making an offer for the talented youngster to bring him to St James’ Park, according to reports in France.

I hope this doesn't mean that the Derdiyok transfer is non-starter.   I was getting my hopes up.  ???

Just out of interest DaehtihS, who do you think are a bigger and better club nufc or the mackems?

Also, if we have no hope of signing good players, becasue "we are such a small club" then how did Man City manage it last season? In the past 10 yearsm Man Citys hightest finish was something like 9th, how do you account for them being able to sign the likes of Elano, Corulka and Petrov etc? Surely if they can manage it with there history then we can with ours, theres absolutely no question bout it, club for club the most pessimisitc would say we were equal, (Stadium, Finance, recent history) but the ones with half a brain wiuld all say we have had a far better recent history, so what your verdict? This example contravenes anything you've actually said.

Dont tell me any rubbish about finance either because you havent used that line beofre in your "realistic" views so i wouldnt expect that explanaition now.

a manager that is famous does helps. speaks out your intentions. so does the new chairman who has expressed publicly his ambitions to tackle the top 4. them spending quite a bit last season also signals serious intentions. something like what we were. agreed may not work. maybe our Everton kind of method as it looks like this season will work better. mind u, will love to be the next everton. only time will tell.

Like Kevin Keegan?

dunno abt that....yes a legend in our world but outside that and England....debatable.

Possibly the dumbest thing i've ever read on here.

Like Kevin Keegan?

Possibly the dumbest thing i've ever read on here.

Martins hadn't even heard of him tbh, and he plays in and for Newcastle. :undecided:

Keegan's got more domestic appeal than he does European/worldwide.

Guest Deep456

Like Kevin Keegan?

:laugh:  Proof if ever it were needed that you're f***ing clueless.

f*** off midds. :hmm: :lol:

just prove how deluded we can be and no wonder the easiest laughing stock in the league. easily say Sven and Ramos have 5x the pulling power than KK has currently. come on, a legend i admit but to outsiders a manager that wins nought and famous for bottling.

Tis true.

Keegan is a Liverpool legend, a european cup winner and was once Englands golden boy. On top of that he is a Hamburg legend, and is in a select group of people that have won the ballon d'or twice - the others being Ronaldo, Rummenigge, Beckenbauer, and Di Stefano. To say he isn't a legend is beyond stupid.

Guest Deep456

Keegan is a Liverpool legend, a european cup winner and was once Englands golden boy. On top of that he is a Hamburg legend, and is in a select group of people that have won the ballon d'or twice - the others being Ronaldo, Rummenigge, Beckenbauer, and Di Stefano. To say he isn't a legend is beyond stupid.

But Maetihs did say he is a legend.

Outsmarted by Deep and Shitteam..  mackems.gif :clap:

Guest Deep456

Outsmarted by Deep and Shitteam..  mackems.gif :clap:

You really can be unbelievable! :lol:

He said he it is debatable whether he is a legend outside England, it clearly isn't debatable.

Guest Deep456

He said he it is debatable whether he is a legend outside England, it clearly isn't debatable.

Well tbh, Oba hadn't heard of him until he was appointed which may I add is quite concerning seeing as though he plays for Newcastle. Maybe in the past he was well know but at present he doesn't seem to be one of well known managers in Europe.

However, he does fit the legend category whether dead of living that remains to be seen.

Is Arda Turan going to think "wow, Kevin Keegan..." ?

There's no denying that he's a European figure, sure. And i'm not going to deny that he doesn't have pulling power - he's one of the most immersive blokes in English football as far as i'm concerned, the way he pulls you in and just makes you have faith in him is fantastic. And at this moment in time, there's no other man that i have more trust in to take us places. But to your average top footballer, Ramos > Keegan. It's just the way it is today.

Sit Turan down in a room with Keegan/Ramos and his opinion may change, sure - but on the surface...

It's sad but true. :(

if u have read my posts, i always say we are bigger than mackems. in fact, my expectation for next seson is just to finish above them. as for other clubs, we are smaller than villa, spurs, portsmouth, man city in terms of player quality and increasingingly so, in pulling power as well.

I asked if you thought they were bigger and better, somehow, i get the feeling you knew that though...

Aissati please, and we will have to move fast. Will leave PSV and Ajax want him, but PSV don't want to let him go to a rival club. He won't cost much more than say Guthrie did but has loads more potential.. Get in there Wise!

You think we'd get him that cheap? I really rate the late and thought when he does leave he'd go for a handsome fee.

Aissati please, and we will have to move fast. Will leave PSV and Ajax want him, but PSV don't want to let him go to a rival club. He won't cost much more than say Guthrie did but has loads more potential.. Get in there Wise!

You think we'd get him that cheap? I really rate the late and thought when he does leave he'd go for a handsome fee.

Nah, PSV was willing to have a player exchange with Utrecht for a promising defender, but that deal collapsed. He seems to have verbally agreed on a contract extension but hasn't put pen to paper and officially only has a year on his contract left. I think he will go on the cheap, certainly for less than 5 million.

Inler, Aimar, Derdiyok, and Coloccini are four players that shouldn't be impossible to get and we have been linked with all of them. These players would make me VERY happy. Maybe a LB also as back up for Enrique who i think will have a very good season. But i cannot se us signing 4-5 more tbh. But these players would make our team and squad alot stronger...

Im confident that KK could get Aimar playing really well again IF we are interested in him and he doesn't end up att Benfica..

I've been wondering - surely there has to be a limit to the number of star summer signings that can be accommodated by any team before it becomes a problem in terms of creating a good team ethic and spirit - regardless of purchasing power of the owner/chairman - otherwise surely you end up with an increased risk of having too many overpaid star players who are either backbiting, frustrated about lack of playing opportunities or perhaps even being lazy and workshy... 

???

If he's that good why don't PSV try to keep him there?

They want to, but he's set his mind on leaving. They've loaned him out to Twente once before and aren't playing him enough because he's a youngster and they've got more experienced players in his position, one of whom is Affelay who is only one year older. He feels he needs to move in order to get regular first team football and get his chance, but there is no doubting his talent. Strangely, PSV have made the exact same error before with Huntelaar, who played in their youth setup, was loaned out a few times and finally just moved for first team football just when he was ready for the next step up. He has been compared to Zidane in the past and has shown his ability at the very highest level (one match vs Arsenal in the CL stands out in my mind), plus he's a superb professional and extremely modest. It's practically a must buy..

Never heard of him, must be shit. ;)

I know he's been mentioned in the thread before, but just how realistic do we think Xabi Alonso would be?

Awesome player, knows the prem and Juve have basically confirmed theyre no longer in for him, plus Liverpool seem to need the cash!

Milner plus cash, say 5 mil or so?

IMO a dream signing!

I know he's been mentioned in the thread before, but just how realistic do we think Xabi Alonso would be?

Awesome player, knows the prem and Juve have basically confirmed theyre no longer in for him, plus Liverpool seem to need the cash!

Milner plus cash, say 5 mil or so?

IMO a dream signing!

Wouldn't come here in a million years. May as well ask for Gerrard.