Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest shearer_united

I think we should have a go at trying to get Gareth Barry. Its going to be tough since he wants to go to liverpool - but it won't hurt having a go.

Not surprised in the slightest Keegan hasn't entered the race to sign Barry; two of the big 4 are desperate to buy him even at the hugely inflated price good player mind.

The one I am surprised there has been no move for is David Bentley; he would be top of my list the lack of creativity and goals from midfield needs to be addressed more then anything and he would certainly add that also he would be ideal in Keegan's system right side of the three where Geremi played back end of last season.

I agree with you on both counts; Barry does have a  hugely "inflated price" and having David Bentley with be great !! He's an excellent player to bolster our squad.

"... In an ideal world, Keegan said he would sign “about 20” players, but his priorities are a left back – after having one £3 million bid for Warnock rejected, Newcastle will renew contact with Blackburn Rovers – two centre halves and a creative midfield player."

They're making assumptions there tbh. I'll be very disappointed if three defenders are Keegan's priority like.

"... In an ideal world, Keegan said he would sign about 20 players, but his priorities are a left back after having one £3 million bid for Warnock rejected, Newcastle will renew contact with Blackburn Rovers two centre halves and a creative midfield player."

They're making assumptions there tbh. I'll be very disappointed fucking amazed if three defenders are Keegan's priority like.

I could live with left back, centre back (maybe one who can also cover a full back position), creative midfielder and a big striker.

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/8144/ilovelamppn8.jpg

Four quality players could make all the difference to us. Dunno where those quotes are from though, they're obviously mixed in with the post-match comments he gave to the official site.

A centre-back would be good. But after that, another one is the last thing we need.

New CB, Faye, Taylor, Caçapa, Edgar. Spot on that, imo, providing the new one is a decent player like.

Left-back, centre-back, centre-mid, striker - as Jon says. :thup:

Fernando Meira from Stuttgart is set to leave the club. According to their general manager they have an offer from Spurs. Turkish clubs are also rumoured to be interested. He wouldn't be a bad player, good organiser, something that we are lacking. His fee is said to be around 5-6m Euro.

LB, DCM, 2XCB  Its what we need.

What about our lack of creativity? Do you expect that from the new DCM?

NO

I expect these players when they play to step up and create more, with a popper DCM giving them the freedom they need to push and and make things happen..

N'Zogbia

Milner

Gutierrez

Duff

Barton

Butt

Geremi

Yeah okay a decent playmaker would be nice but lets face it our back four is very poor and we are desperate for a big man in the middle of the park to break things up.

Guest LondonMag

We need more than 4 players.we need 4 quality players.and imo 4 squad players - young players that that will be for the future.if we just add 4 more the squad will still be short of numbers

No back up for Beye? Also we need 2 new cbs that are both quality, we've enough medicore CBs only fit for being backups here. Also i think another winger, a quality one who can play both sides is needed aswell. We know Duff can be shit and we dont know how well Gutierrez will actually be, SWPs would be an ideal signing for us at the minute.

Plus we need a new striker as all we really have is Martins and Owen

Guest sicko2ndbest

We need 5 signings

Experienced Centre Half

Centre half with top potential (eg Jonny Evans type)

Left Back

Playmaker to replace Emre

Big CF

I'm satisfied with the defenders Allardyce brought in, but we need another CB, preferably better than what we have.

As for the Beye back-up, Edgar, Taylor and Guttierez or even Alan fucking Smith can fill.

I'm sure we'll buy an attacking midfielder, but imo we desperately need a quality defensive midfielder too.. although I can't think of a single player who could match our criteria at that position.

a tall striker should be a priority too if we continue with the 4-3-3..

LB, CB, AM and a f***ing big CF is what we need IMO

Agreed. Someone that can do Viduka's job better than Viduka can.

And to a more reliable degree

LB, CB, AM and a f***ing big CF is what we need IMO

Agreed. Someone that can do Viduka's job better than Viduka can.

And to a more reliable degree

And maybe get Viduka to get his finger out and get in shape to compete