Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest MaetihS

shit missed out on that chile guy who looks really exciting and tricky on youtube. Blackburn agreed loan with the club and player.

Guest 22bnw

We need defenders, every other position is fine.

I'm optimistic but that's just plain wrong.

and maybe an AM

I'm a Barton & Geremi fan you see

and maybe an AM

Definitely in need of at least one more quality midfielder and desperate for a centre forward imo.

and maybe an AM

Definitely in need of at least one more quality midfielder and desperate for a centre forward imo.

This.

Guest 22bnw

and maybe an AM

Creativity in midfield has been lacking a bit, but an in-form Barton is very good (unfortunately not an incarcerated Barton though)

Not sure centre forward is all that urgent - but Viduka staying fit is highly unlikely

I just think we are sh*t at the back, especially as far as strength in depth goes

Guest JamesD

A target man is a priority because we all know how suspect Viduka's fitness record is. As Keegan illustrated the last part of the year, sometimes the best form of defense is to attack, and relieve pressure on the defense so its not a constant bombardment.

and maybe an AM

Creativity in midfield has been lacking a bit, but an in-form Barton is very good (unfortunately not an incarcerated Barton though)

Not sure centre forward is all that urgent - but Viduka staying fit is highly unlikely

I just think we are sh*t at the back, especially as far as strength in depth goes

We've not seen it from Barton though, and who knows where his head will be when he gets out of chokey? To add to that, Butt's legs are going - hopefully Guthrie can step up to the plate and be a better player than many think.

We've got two of the most injury prone strikers in the country and absolutely no back up worthy of the Premiership so I think there is an urgency there. Neither Smith, Shola nor Carroll should be starting games.

We do need defenders too though. Behind the first choice back four, we have very little on offer - and I'm not a Taylor fan anyway.

Guest MaetihS

we need a tricky player that can dribble and take on players. none of our players can do that except maybe for martins. in addition, he has to be creative as our midfield is shockingly lacking in creativity and technique.

and maybe an AM

A big reason we're shit at the back is our midfield. They can't hold onto the ball, they're not mobile, and they don't have good positioning, plus they have a habit of diving in. Teams walk through our midfield.

and maybe an AM

A big reason we're s*** at the back is our midfield. They can't hold onto the ball, they're not mobile, and they don't have good positioning, plus they have a habit of diving in. Teams walk through our midfield.

I couldn't agree more. Our midfield was over-run more times than I can remember last season.

Guest MaetihS

as some of u have mentioned and i certainly had, our midfield are made up of sub-class players that spell relegation.

as some of u have mentioned and i certainly had, our midfield are made up of sub-class players that spell relegation.

You're not too far wrong, admittedly. Djmattis hit the nail on the head though.

Claude Makelele will be the first big-name player to leave Chelsea under new boss Phil Scolari. (The Sun)

Why not ? Free, big wages like.

As soon as Makelele wins the ball he needs someone within 10 yards to pass to who can use it, we don't have one of them in midfield yet. Would take him as long as we got someone alongside him who can pass.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Roma to sign Baptista from Real Madrid "Imminent"

Saturday 19 July 2008 - 11:32:38 - footylatest

According to reports from Spain and Italy, Roma are on the verge of completing the signing of ex-Asenal star Julio Baptista from Real Madrid for €15 million.

El Mundo Deportivo says the deal will be done "in the next few hours" but that may be a bit premature.

Just yesterday Baptista's agent, Herminio Menendez, said: "The relationship between the two clubs is excellent. If Roma make us an offer for the Brazilian we are ready to take it into consideration."

Roma have given up on persuading Adrian Mutu to leave Fiorentina as he declared yesterday that he would stay for lfe, so Roma are going for their back-up plan with "The Beast".

The 26 year-old Brazilian international was told by Real Madrid that he did not figure in their plans for next season, so he has been looking for a club since the beginning of the summer, so he will be grateful for the opportunity to get his club career back on track.