Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Cant wait for the season to end, really cant wait to see Ashley show his hand, the way Keegan and alot of other people are talking it could be a huge summer.

Keegans mentioned trying to break the world record, now not saying he will, but if he knew that he didnt have that sort of money available then surely he wouldnt set himself up for fall like that.

Everton are struggling to agree a fee for Pienaar.

When i've see him he's looked good, anyone else share their thoughts?

We could do a lot worse tbh. I like Niko Kranjcar, looks a good player but 'he iz 1 ov Arry's boys tho innit....'

I've said plenty of times that Kranjcar would be well up my list of potential transfers. He would be tough to get but i believe everyone has their price.

I'd go to 10/11m i rate him that highly. Last night he caused west ham so many problems, never gave the ball away and looked a real threat just behind the strikers.

Cant wait for the season to end, really cant wait to see Ashley show his hand, the way Keegan and alot of other people are talking it could be a huge summer.

Keegans mentioned trying to break the world record, now not saying he will, but if he knew that he didnt have that sort of money available then surely he wouldnt set himself up for fall like that.

My guess is that him and Mort sat down after the reading win and decided the budget (or lack of one). Mort said he would talk about it when they were safe and i think the win against Reading was the pretty much that point.

Hopefully wise and co have been doing their jobs and can give us a head start on proceedings.

Guest marsai

I've said plenty of times that Kranjcar would be well up my list of potential transfers. He would be tough to get but i believe everyone has their price.

I'd go to 10/11m i rate him that highly. Last night he caused west ham so many problems, never gave the ball away and looked a real threat just behind the strikers.

10/11m euros or pounds? If it's pounds, Keegan should add a few more and bring in Modric, i think he's not mission impossible.

I've watched both Kranjcar and Modric ever since they'd broke into Dinamo 's(former Kranjcar's and present Modric club) first team, and while there are some

similarities between the way they play, i believe Modric's style would be much much more rewarding in the end for Newcastle.

West Ham's transfer strategy is the same as the strategy i use when playing monopoly after the first 2 times round the board: any property available, no matter how good or crappy, i wave my hand in the air and shout "i'll buy it i'll buy it!" with blatant disregard for any use it may have for me at present or in future rounds of the game.

Krancjar is nowhere near as good as people are making out. Pompey score so few goals at home, and he is one of (if not their) chief creators in that team. Home is where teams play their best attacking football. He's had about 6 good games this season, and it just so happens that a couple were against England on the BBC.

West Ham's transfer strategy is the same as the strategy i use when playing monopoly after the first 2 times round the board: any property available, no matter how good or crappy, i wave my hand in the air and shout "i'll buy it i'll buy it!" with blatant disregard for any use it may have for me at present or in future rounds of the game.

Krancjar is nowhere near as good as people are making out. Pompey score so few goals at home, and he is one of (if not their) chief creators in that team. Home is where teams play their best attacking football. He's had about 6 good games this season, and it just so happens that a couple were against England on the BBC.

Na i think he's had a good season. I just rate him as a footballer, great technician.

Just depends on how high we are setting our standards.

Kranjcar is at the same level as Bentley imo in terms of ability level (different type/style of player obviously). Same age, same potential.

Gudjohnsen is someone I would love to see us sign above anyone else right now assumiong we keep the formation/system that is working so well. He'd be excellent in Viduka's position as the central forward bringing others into the game, his consistent control and all round play is still very good based on recent appearances for Barca, and with Martins providing flair/pace and Owen the intelligent runs from deep, that could be an immense trio. On top of that, were Owen for example to pick up an injury, Eidur could comfortably slot into that advanced midfield position. Same applies were Oba to pick up an injury, but maybe not to the same extent as with Gudjohnsen/Viduka/Owen up top, we might suffer from a lack of pace.

bentley is miles better than kranjcar... kranjcar still nervous player as always doesn't seem have high confidence... for what i have seen he use the same trick movement over and over again. very un-creative one. he's i think the poorest midfield on Portsmouth now. i think if Croatia doesn't win from england no one will wanking all over him.

bentley is miles better than kranjcar... kranjcar still nervous player as always doesn't seem have high confidence... for what i have seen he use the same trick movement over and over again. very un-creative one. he's i think the poorest midfield on Portsmouth now. i think if Croatia doesn't win from england no one will wanking all over him.

Bentley might be the better player certainly at this point in time in terms of end product, but Kranjcar looks to be developing into a tricky attacking player (ignoring last night's game), the type who is constantly probing whilst also being a good team player (i.e. doesnt easily lose the ball), and it does need to be remembered that this is his first full season in the Premiership as a first teamer, so its only really now that he's starting to show what he's capable of, whereas Bentley has had an extra season or so on him.

Both decent to good creative players with potential imo.

Clearly don't watch Portsmouth too often.

Clearly don't watch Portsmouth too often.

He was excellent in a quiet way against ManU in the FA Cup. Without really doing anything noteworthy, he looked a good player able to hold his own and play his game against a team of very good players.

I know this is non-NUFC, but surely this is a typo, and there should be a decimal point in there...

"WEST HAM boss Alan Curbishley is planning an £18million raid for Argie striker Mauro Zarate.

Zarate, 21, is on loan at Birmingham from Al-Sadd in Qatar."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article988799.ece

Zarate would cost £2m more than what we paid for Michael Owen, and Barca for Henry?

Looks decent but 18M is a bit much for someone who has had a few good games in the Prem.  Marcus Stewart looked good for one season and scored a boat load.  You need to see people over a period of time to judge that if once the defenders in the league get used to the way the lad plays, his threat can be nullified.

not if you sign him for 15k/week

Man City have offered £11m for JJ, not been told yes, not been told no either. 

It's obvious that he can go if the money is right and there is a replacement signed, maybe KK might start a bidding war??

Oh ok, KK wont then! :lol:

I know this is non-NUFC, but surely this is a typo, and there should be a decimal point in there...

"WEST HAM boss Alan Curbishley is planning an £18million raid for Argie striker Mauro Zarate.

Zarate, 21, is on loan at Birmingham from Al-Sadd in Qatar."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article988799.ece

Zarate would cost £2m more than what we paid for Michael Owen, and Barca for Henry?

Looks decent but 18M is a bit much for someone who has had a few good games in the Prem.  Marcus Stewart looked good for one season and scored a boat load.  You need to see people over a period of time to judge that if once the defenders in the league get used to the way the lad plays, his threat can be nullified.

not if you sign him for 15k/week

Agent would be pretty stupid to agree a wage of £15k a week when they know the potential buyer thinks he is worth spending £18m on him in transfer fee's.

Everton are struggling to agree a fee for Pienaar.

When i've see him he's looked good, anyone else share their thoughts?

£2.4m or something n all. Would take him in a heartbeat. Has looked good everytime i've watched him for Everton and I'm sure 1878 has given a good report or two before n all. Quick, creative, two decent feet, can play all along the midfield - get him in.

£2.2m I think it is. He's a really good player.

I'm pretty sure  we'll sign  him  like, he'll just  be trying to squeeze some extra pennies out of us when it's time for personal terms.

West Ham's transfer policy is funny. They've spent fucking boatloads on mid-table shite. Guess what, they're mid-table.

Of all these clubs that have had hefty cash injections - even though these lot were one of the first (after Chelsea), what with Magnusson - they're the ones i least fear. Curbishley ffs.

West Ham's transfer policy is funny. They've spent fucking boatloads on mid-table shite. Guess what, they're mid-table.

Of all these clubs that have had hefty cash injections - even though these lot were one of the first (after Chelsea), what with Magnusson - they're the ones i least fear. Curbishley ffs.

I'm pretty sure their net spend was lower than ours this summer. They sold an awful lot of awful players.

I'm pretty sure their net spend was lower than ours this summer. They sold an awful lot of awful players.

Yep, i know, it wasn't too high.

However, regardless of whether or not they've done alright financially, they have had a big transfer budget and wasted it.

Yep, i know, it wasn't too high.

However, regardless of whether or not they've done alright financially, they have had a big transfer budget and wasted it.

Di Canio will get the West Ham job eventually.

If not, Bilic.

I thought they'd been quite unlucky personally. They invested heavily in pace and attacking flair, but Dyer and Faubert have barely played two games between them this summer whilst Bellamy and Ljungberg have spent most of the season on the injury table. Granted, if you buy injury prone players you expect a few knocks, but it seems excessive what's happened to them this year.

Quite an exciting team they could put out if all of Ashton, Bellamy, Faubert, Dyer, Ljungberg, Solano and Noble were fit.

Guest GAMMELL

I thought they'd been quite unlucky personally. They invested heavily in pace and attacking flair, but Dyer and Faubert have barely played two games between them this summer whilst Bellamy and Ljungberg have spent most of the season on the injury table. Granted, if you buy injury prone players you expect a few knocks, but it seems excessive what's happened to them this year.

Quite an exciting team they could put out if all of Ashton, Bellamy, Faubert, Dyer, Ljungberg, Solano and Noble were fit.

& you know what, I'm f*cking delighted for them what with all the injuries, another team I detest. Academy this, academy that. 'F*ck off'  :pow: