Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Relatively realistic possiblities (excluding players i haven't seen play)

-Downing

-SWP

-Crouch

-Lennon

-Dunne

-Gilberto

-Mcgeady

-Barnes

Off the top of my head.

-Downing - Can't see Boro selling to us, and if they did, it would be £5m more than other teams.

-SWP - Would love him here. Would flourish once again under Keegan and a good move for all concerned if it happened.

-Crouch - Good player, right attitude. Questionnable finishing but would fit in well where Viduka currently plays in the 4-3-3.

-Lennon - Very raw player. First instinct is a no.

-Dunne - Can't see City parting with him.

-Gilberto - Legs have gone.

-Mcgeady - Haven't seen him play a lot to be honest.

-Barnes - Decent potential, wouldn't be too far away from a first team place. Would wait and see if someone better becomes available.

Everyone was sayingt hat Nicky Butt was finished and outr midfeild were rubbish, KK has turned it round I bet Gilberto would look fresh under KKs management.

"Na man he's plays in the Brazil team because he's useless. There's no such thing as man management. Deco or noone for our midfield TBH!"

Makes me laugh how short sighted people can be. For the record i'd prefer we went for a younger target but i do rate Gilberto.

Btw watched McGeady last night and he was awful not one decent cross and is very poor when running at players

stay away from him

also Cuellar was sent of

McGeady was pretty good I thought(never seen him play before). He were never going to get an easy game the way Rangers played, but he tried, and got past his men (seemed like he always had two men on him) quite a few times, and deliverd some fine crosses.

Cuellar had a good game as well I thought. Good in the air, good positioning and well timed tackles. He saved a goal for Rangers, and even though it didn't matter at the time, it looked like he saved Rangers a point untill OT when Celtic finally scored the winner.

I'm sure if we made a decent offer, Cuellar would be interested.

Can't say that I could share your optimism tbh.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=559997&in_page_id=1779&ito=newsnow

Rangers defender Carlos Cuellar has snubbed a move to Newcastle United, insisting he is not interested in playing for a "club at the bottom".

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan was keen on bringing the Spanish defender, who is this season's player of the year in Scotland, to St James' Park and travelled to Glasgow to watch him play on two occasions.

But Cuellar, 26, has three-and-a-half years left on his contract and says he would much rather stay at Ibrox and "win trophies" rather than "play for a club at the bottom".

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=88040

Rangers defender Carlos Cuellar has ruled out a move to the Premiership.

A target for Newcastle United and Tottenham, Cuellar said: "I have a contract for three years. I want to stay at Rangers for life.

"I always liked the idea of playing in a big league with other big players but now I'm very happy here.

"I play in the Champions League, I can win the league, the UEFA Cup - now I'm playing in a big team in Europe.''

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=559997&in_page_id=1779&ito=newsnow

Rangers defender Carlos Cuellar has snubbed a move to Newcastle United, insisting he is not interested in playing for a "club at the bottom".

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan was keen on bringing the Spanish defender, who is this season's player of the year in Scotland, to St James' Park and travelled to Glasgow to watch him play on two occasions.

But Cuellar, 26, has three-and-a-half years left on his contract and says he would much rather stay at Ibrox and "win trophies" rather than "play for a club at the bottom".

Yep, seen the "quotes", still think if we offered £5m or whatever, and offered him around £30k, he'd be down in a flash.

Yep, seen the "quotes", still think if we offered £5m or whatever, and offered him around £30k, he'd be down in a flash.

In the second link there are quotes saying he wants to stay with Rangers for the rest of his career.  Sign of lack of ambition like, but that's what he said.

I'd like to see us go for Zarate.

Looks like he's going to be the player that will keep Birmingham up, much like Tevez last season.

Agree with that!, he's good now! can't wait to see him in a couple of seasons down the road, would be a fantastic signing.

how about Luis Valencia?

He`s looked a very good buy for Wigan from Villareal and he might add that bit of South American flair on the right wing for us. That Palacios looks good as well. Incidentally Man U are both linked with them today. I`d prefer either over the likes of McGeady who are not proven in the EPL

That list of players Man U are supposadly after makes little or no sense. Why do they need 3 more central midfielders and another winger, arguably the two places where they are most covered. I agree though, the two Wiganers look decent.

Agree with palacios, that guy has an engine and a half.

4m for Esteban Valencia and 6m for Palacios...according to the press. If that is their true asking price I think they`re well worth it

In the second link there are quotes saying he wants to stay with Rangers for the rest of his career.  Sign of lack of ambition like, but that's what he said.

I wish i could lack ambition by wanting to playing in the Champions League every year and win trophies...... :rolleyes:

Guest Momomomo

Anfield clear out, who would you take?

Goalkeeper

Carson

Defenders

Finnan

Riise

Midfielders

Kewell

Pennant

Alonso

Guthrie

Strikers

Voronin

Crouch

I wish i could lack ambition by wanting to playing in the Champions League every year and win trophies...... :rolleyes:

I can see why people would think that would lack ambition. Apart from 6 games in Europe, and 4 Old Firm matches, the rest of it is pretty dull fair.

Players have to push themselves to improve to a higher level.  Playing in a 2 team league isn't enough of a push imho.  Hutton said he moved from Rangers to improve as a player, to test himself against the best.  He isn't the first to have said that and he won't be the last.

why does he want to leave?

It does seem that way :( Wont sign a new contract and runs out at the end of the season

moreover, if he does want to leave, why are you worried about losing him to us?  ???

nah, im saying i dont want Keegan to throw the what i hear, obsurd amounts of money that he wants at him, i dont want him go.

If i was a Newcastle fan though, id want him!

Goalkeeper

Carson

Defenders

Finnan

Riise

Midfielders

Kewell

Pennant

Alonso

Guthrie

Strikers

Voronin

Crouch

Alonso, Finnan, maybe Crouch but I want someone more with power and pace to replace Viduka with.

Guest guinness_fiend

Goalkeeper

Carson

Defenders

Finnan

Riise

Midfielders

Kewell

Pennant

Alonso

Guthrie

Strikers

Voronin

Crouch

If money was no object, all of them.

We have a threadbare squad and could do with padding it out as much as is economically possible.