Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Not sure how he's doing at Lyon, but Kim Kallstrom might be good in the current system. Tall player with a strong left boot.

Too slow IMO for the Premiership albeit a talented player. Bit like a good version of Hugo Viana.

Not sure how he's doing at Lyon, but Kim Kallstrom might be good in the current system. Tall player with a strong left boot.

Too slow IMO for the Premiership albeit a talented player. Bit like a good version of Hugo Viana.

His left foot is brilliant at set pieces, like Viana. But has a lot more to his game than Viana. Great crosser, passer and a very, very good vision. Chips in with a lot of important goals for Sweden(lately) and used to rule our league like no one has been able to do.

Would love it if we signed him, one of my absolute favourite players. Lived very close to him in Stockholm and saw him do the most incredible things when he won the title for Djurgården two years in a row here. I think Everton are after him, and he seems to like them..

Guest shaun11177

The defender from Athletic-Amoriabeta?-looks strong ,Quick-good left foot-

Kallstrom is a good call-similar players-Yeste-Athletic,Carlos Martins of Recreativo and De la Red of Getafe.

Keita of Sevilla is the one i would go for though in that position.

Guest Julio Geordio

We've got to move for Diego in my opinion. Some of the world's biggest clubs e.g. Real Madrid, Inter and Juventus are going to be interested in him but he might not necessarily be a priority signing for these clubs.

We can't offer Champions League football, but a player like him could make getting back to that level a possibility. Apparently, he is available for £18 million.

Worth a try surely?

Didn't he reject signing for Madrid?

Definitely would not want to come here. No chance. For god sake hate to be a pessimist but he surely has so many better options of playing football at a higher standard than us?

Emana isn't that obscure, played against liverpool earlier in the season for Toulouse and was their best player, also turned out for cameroon in the ACN. canny player, box-to-box midfielder, more attacking than anything else but also a big physical presence. would see him as a challenger to Barton in the current first XI.

Not a bad player

I get the feeling you must watch football all day every day. You seem to know every player in the world.

That, or he plays FM every day.

The latter I imagine.

I do both!

As Jpd said,... Emna is hardly unknown.

Anyone here heard of Joaquin Botero? He's the Bolivian League's own Alan Shearer. Shame he never got the chance to try himself at a top European league.

Guest geordieboy

This may be a bit previous & I'm assuming we stay up; but never too early to start looking (Wisey are you looking?).

Anyway, I'll include the following realistic targets, for positions that need looking at based on the speed, guile, height, attitude, strength, leadership, vision that we currently do not have & given our present crop that possible list includes most other PL players. I'll leave out FM rated players:

Bridge, Papa Diop, Nolan, Barnes, SWP, K Jones, Gudjonsen, Crouch, Bentley (realistic?).

Not many readily spring to mind, we need a top class central defender & I can't think of one that we would realistically attract. We could go with Faye but I'm not sure that is the answer. We also need a top class target man, who is mobile, can bring others into play & who can score. Not easy & the mackems may just have one.

Yo mate, my first time on here so just having a go putting some comments in. I like your idea of potential new players out of them all I really think Bently would just set us away on the attacking front, Bridge and Diop could be good also. Sorry i sound a bit boring mate but hopefully I will get the hang of this chat carry on before long.

In light of the potential transfer of Ronaldihno to Man City, woud anyone go for Elano, he's seems to have goneoff the boil alittle but that could be down to being played out posiiton (in his words)??

I think it'd be worth a go, not exactly unrealistic either and a position we need to fill as well....

In light of the potential transfer of Ronaldihno to Man City, woud anyone go for Elano, he's seems to have goneoff the boil alittle but that could be down to being played out posiiton (in his words)??

I think it'd be worth a go, not exactly unrealistic either and a position we need to fill as well....

??? He's off to ac milan man

I don't trust American players unless they are goalkeepers.

They just don't quite seem to get it. I love McBride though, he really impressed me with what he was able to achieve outside of the states. Dempsey looks alrightish at times, but outside of that the outfield players really seem to struggle. Reyna was goodish back in the day too I guess.

I just don't think they grow up watching enough decent football. The MLS just won't inspire you or teach you anything.

Guest optimistic nit

I don't trust American players unless they are goalkeepers.

They just don't quite seem to get it. I love McBride though, he really impressed me with what he was able to achieve outside of the states. Dempsey looks alrightish at times, but outside of that the outfield players really seem to struggle. Reyna was goodish back in the day too I guess.

I just don't think they grow up watching enough decent football. The MLS just won't inspire you or teach you anything.

both dempsey and mcbride are probably fulham's best 2 players and moore aside i'm struggling to think of any other american outfield players (bocanegra also, who isn't too bad.)

barnes is deffinately worth a shot.

Arshavin is still worth a punt, i can see his stock soaring after this summers European Championship

Moyes was at a Zenit game watching him the other day according to Russian  papers, it's made it onto the Setanta website now as well

Signed Pienaar today :D £2m. Bargain.