Edgar unhappy with lack of first-team action - agent

ChrisJbarnes

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3161329,00.html

Toon starlet unsettled

Edgar wants first-team action

Newcastle defender David Edgar is growing frustrated at his lack of first-team chances, according to the player's agent.

The Canadian-born stopper has not played a league game for Newcastle since he scored on his debut against Manchester United last season.

Despite impressing as captain of Newcastle's second string, the 20-year-old defender is still yet to be given a chance by new Toon boss Kevin Keegan.

Edgar's agent Barry McLean admits Edgar is not overly keen on his current role with the club.

Problem

"David's heart is with Newcastle but he is frustrated by a lack of first-team football, and that is a problem," McLean told the Journal.

"He would be better off playing regularly in the first team on loan somewhere. But he also knows numbers are low at Newcastle and that he could get a chance there soon."

frustrated with lack of action. give him a go at left back against man united i say (if enrique is injured) , rather him than carr anyway, either that or send him on loan

I saw this and it got me thinking about how few YTs have got a kick for yous this season...I didnt think any had played at all (I checked and saw the only one is Lua Lua is the only one, 11 mins vs Bolton). Given the chronic underperformance of some, the incarceration of others, the injuries, and the being african...you've got to do more than that? Surely? What does a Newcastle YT have to do to get a kick?

I saw this and it got me thinking about how few YTs have got a kick for yous this season...I didnt think any had played at all (I checked and saw the only one is Lua Lua is the only one, 11 mins vs Bolton). Given the chronic underperformance of some, the incarceration of others, the injuries, and the being african...you've got to do more than that? Surely? What does a Newcastle YT have to do to get a kick?

Incredible really when you consider how dire so many of the first team have been. ATM, I think KK would be wary of putting kids in a potential relegation battle, but once we're clear a few should definitely be getting a few starts.

Enrique is fit btw, but played in the weaker team at the SJP practice match.

It would seem that Kadar and Tozer are now in front of him in the reckoning I'd say.

bluelaugh.gif

I presume you are just going off the photos again, does that mean Edgar is now infront of Taylor in the pecking order for centre back?

Enrique is fit btw, but played in the weaker team at the SJP practice match.

It would seem that Kadar and Tozer are now in front of him in the reckoning I'd say.

bluelaugh.gif

I presume you are just going off the photos again, does that mean Edgar is now infront of Taylor in the pecking order for centre back?

:lol:

Those sentences were meant to be independent of each other, but I see how they can look now you mention it.

I was thinking more about the fact that they are both left footers.

Guest Erich von Manstein

I'd be a tad peeved also if Carr was getting picked ahead of me.

would make a tidy acquisition for any Championship side.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Ciao.  If your not prepared to fucking wait then fuck off.  He may be a good player with a few games under his belt, but theres no need to whinge about the situation.  Does he seriously think he's merited a place in our first team at all this season?  Theres not once when I've thought "Oh, why's he in the team, should have played Edgar instead."

Sit down, shut up.

Guest Erich von Manstein

Ciao.  If your not prepared to fucking wait then fuck off.  He may be a good player with a few games under his belt, but theres no need to whinge about the situation.  Does he seriously think he's merited a place in our first team at all this season?  Theres not once when I've thought "Oh, why's he in the team, should have played Edgar instead."

Sit down, shut up.

He'd have done a better job in our side than Carr and Rozenhal, would have even done a better job at left back than N'Zogbia.

Sit down, shut up.

He'd have done a better job in our side than Carr and Rozenhal, would have even done a better job at left back than N'Zogbia.

Don't know what you're basing that on tbh. Nice bit of shit-stirring by his agent too.

Guest Erich von Manstein

Sit down, shut up.

Don't know what you're basing that on tbh. Nice bit of shit-stirring by his agent too.

The fact Carr and Rozenhal have been completley fucking shit for us and N'Zogbia is a winger.

Sit down, shut up.

The fact Carr and Rozenhal have been completley fucking shit for us and N'Zogbia is a winger.

So not on Edgar's performances then?

Guest Erich von Manstein

Sit down, shut up.

So not on Edgar's performances then?

Obviously, judging on last season of course - he couldn't do as bad as Rozenhal and Carr.

I'd say Rozenhal's early performances this season were better than anything I've seen from Edgar. Not writing Edgar off but assuming he'd by any good in the first team requires a fait bit of guess work.

Guest Erich von Manstein

I'd say Rozenhal's early performances this season were better than anything I've seen from Edgar.

And after that Rozenhal went completley down hill. Weak as piss.