Edgar unhappy with lack of first-team action - agent

ChrisJbarnes

I'd say Rozenhal's early performances this season were better than anything I've seen from Edgar.

And after that Rozenhal went completley down hill. Weak as piss.

Can't you see the point about assessing players on limited viewings of them then?

To be honest, if someone who knew nothing about either player watched the top 3 performances by Carr and Edgar for NUFC, Carr would look the much better player.

I'm saying that as a Carr-hater.

has Carr ever played as well for us as Edgar did against Man Utd or at Centre-Half against West Ham? I appreciate some of that might be down to the adrenalin of his first few games so it is hard to say just how good he is until he plays over a longer period of time. as alex says, rozzie played ok in first few games until everyone cottoned on to his lack of strength and general timidity. time may have exposed Edgar as having weaknesses other managers would target.

considering he has hardly been used this season it would've been more beneficial to have loaned him out.

Bit alright when he played last season to be fair to the lad, made a notable difference v West Ham when he came on for ramage.

Bolded why.

I would've made a notable difference coming on from Ramage, and I've never played CB and I've never been a good footballer.

Bit alright when he played last season to be fair to the lad, made a notable difference v West Ham when he came on for ramage.

Bolded why.

I would've made a notable difference coming on from Ramage, and I've never played CB and I've never been a good footballer.

I went to that game ramage was that bad he even got cheered when he got injured. Huntington had been playing more but during the WHU game Edgar looked a class above anyone else in defence that day.

Guest ChristineE

Ciao.  If your not prepared to f****** wait then f*** off.  He may be a good player with a few games under his belt, but theres no need to whinge about the situation.  Does he seriously think he's merited a place in our first team at all this season?  Theres not once when I've thought "Oh, why's he in the team, should have played Edgar instead."

Sit down, shut up.

You know nothing!

Ciao.  If your not prepared to f****** wait then f*** off.  He may be a good player with a few games under his belt, but theres no need to whinge about the situation.  Does he seriously think he's merited a place in our first team at all this season?  Theres not once when I've thought "Oh, why's he in the team, should have played Edgar instead."

Sit down, shut up.

You know nothing!

Haha your last sentence summed up your whole post!

Sit down, shut up.

You know nothing!

He's quoting Rodrigo in the first part of his post :lol:

Edgar's been a bit unlucky. He looked very promising, but we've had a very unsettled defence this season, and we're now in a relegation struggle. It's not the best environment in which to give an inexperienced youngster a run in the first team in the crucial position of centre back.

I'd be very sorry to see him go, because he looks like a potential first team regular. Taylor's progress has stalled, and, given the chance to gain experience, I think that Edgar would overtake him.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Sit down, shut up.

You know nothing!

Least I know how to quote correctly Miss Edgar.

Sit down, shut up.

You know nothing!

He should bloody learn to quote next time  :doh:

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Sit down, shut up.

You know nothing!

Don't know about you, but over here (and in Canada too) Christine is a lasses name mate.

Sit down, shut up.

You know nothing!

Don't know about you, but over here (and in Canada too) Christine is a lasses name mate.

I didn't pay any attention to the username...

Sit down, shut up.

You know nothing!

I didn't pay any attention to the username...

I started it, to be fair :blush:

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

For the sake of argument, we'll assume that Carr is shit.  We know this.  Now with Edgar, he may be shit, he may be mediocre, or he may have promising talent.  BUT WE'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL HE PLAYS.  Yes, he may be shit, but so is Carr.  It's worth the risk of Edgar being bad since he may turn out to be a quality player.  KK will need to know about Edgar's abilities to make a good assessment of the squad.

Carr has been awful for far too long.  It should be David Edgar's turn in defense.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Just read this...

And Edgar may yet be needed at Newcastle this season, where reserve coach Adam Sadler has hinted that he could be given his first-team chance sooner rather than later after several solid performances for the Magpies' second string, most recently in a 1-1 draw against Manchester City.

Sadler said: "David was magnificent and continues to show the potential he's got.

"Who knows where David will end up in football? Hopefully, it will be in Newcastle United's first team, and with performances like the one he gave against Man City he will certainly have caught the manager's eye."

Taken from www.pinkun.com