Obafemi Martins

Wullie

Amazing how results have gone from mediocre to utter dog wank since he's been out isnt it?

Offers something else that no current member of our squad does.  Pace and a threat on the break.  He might be a bit dippy at times, but fuck me are we missing him at the moment.

Guest Nufc4Life

Whats the deal then, is he likely for Sunday? Echo all the statements that we really need him back, just have to look at Pompey away recently to see it.

Whats the deal then, is he likely for Sunday? Echo all the statements that we really need him back, just have to look at Pompey away recently to see it.

As much as we need him for Sunday the last thing we need is too rush him back and for him to be out for the season.

Guest Nufc4Life

As much as we need him for Sunday the last thing we need is too rush him back and for him to be out for the season.

Oh aye don;t get me wrong, don't want to be rushing him back or owt, just wondering if he may be ready for a cameo. Imagine it at 0-0 with 20 minutes left and we can Oba on, could be the difference.

Guest Gemmill

If we don't make any more signings between now and the end of the transfer window, probably the most key player to where we finish this season. Worrying.

how's that worrying? He's been our best player since he signed for us,

Exactly. Anyone giving Martins grief can fuck off.

Lets sell him for 10m and buy 4 players for 2m eh? That would be fuckin class. He;s comfortably our best player once Shay goes. I'm talking about the player that will win us the most points. He's absolutely indispensable and he's massively underrated by nearly all our fans.

Correction: he's massively under-rated by a section of beard strokers who are keen to point out he's as thick as mince while ignoring the fact that most of our attackers couldn't punch their way out of a paper bag.

Where is Gemmill these days?

Don't really post much any more if you hadn't noticed.  Martins is still not good enough though - the fact that his stock has risen even with me is indicative of how far we've fallen, not how good he is.  The fact that we likely can't and won't sign better these days is a function of how poorly the club is being run, not of any improvement in his ability.  When he gets back in the side, he'll be better than most of the other strikers we have, but his touch will still be shite, he'll still give the ball away a lot, and he'll still demonstrate a lack of basic football intelligence.  If any of that makes me a beard stroker (amazing insult btw), then so be it.

We miss Martins at the minute, but only because of how shit our alternatives are, not how good he is.  Seems to me you all but admit to that in your post anyway.

Not that I want him rushed back but IMO on Sunday we need him more than ever.

We've lost too many players through injury lately and that doesn't look as though its going to get any better anytime soon.

If we don't make any more signings between now and the end of the transfer window, probably the most key player to where we finish this season. Worrying.

Lets sell him for 10m and buy 4 players for 2m eh? That would be fuckin class. He;s comfortably our best player once Shay goes. I'm talking about the player that will win us the most points. He's absolutely indispensable and he's massively underrated by nearly all our fans.

Correction: he's massively under-rated by a section of beard strokers who are keen to point out he's as thick as mince while ignoring the fact that most of our attackers couldn't punch their way out of a paper bag.

Don't really post much any more if you hadn't noticed.  Martins is still not good enough though - the fact that his stock has risen even with me is indicative of how far we've fallen, not how good he is.  The fact that we likely can't and won't sign better these days is a function of how poorly the club is being run, not of any improvement in his ability.  When he gets back in the side, he'll be better than most of the other strikers we have, but his touch will still be shite, he'll still give the ball away a lot, and he'll still demonstrate a lack of basic football intelligence.  If any of that makes me a beard stroker (amazing insult btw), then so be it.

We miss Martins at the minute, but only because of how shit our alternatives are, not how good he is.  Seems to me you all but admit to that in your post anyway.

you do realise the effect and importance of pace in the modern game don't you?

Guest Gemmill

Yes dear.  I also realise how largely ineffective Martins' pace is because of his pea-sized brain. 

Yes dear.  I also realise how largely ineffective Martins' pace is because of his pea-sized brain. 

racist.

Guest Gemmill

racist.

Sigh.

Exactly. Anyone giving Martins grief can f*** off.

Don't really post much any more if you hadn't noticed.  Martins is still not good enough though - the fact that his stock has risen even with me is indicative of how far we've fallen, not how good he is.  The fact that we likely can't and won't sign better these days is a function of how poorly the club is being run, not of any improvement in his ability.  When he gets back in the side, he'll be better than most of the other strikers we have, but his touch will still be s****, he'll still give the ball away a lot, and he'll still demonstrate a lack of basic football intelligence.  If any of that makes me a beard stroker (amazing insult btw), then so be it.

We miss Martins at the minute, but only because of how s*** our alternatives are, not how good he is.  Seems to me you all but admit to that in your post anyway.

racist.

funny you say that, crossed my mind before actually

Guest Gemmill

A player with a 1 in 2 record this season is not good enough for us?

Absolutely unbelievable. It's a hell of a litmus test to identify the complete cretins at the game, ask them what they think of Oba

To be fair, he probably is good enough for us now.  He wasn't when we are a club that wanted to be going places, but those days are over.

i think you're fuckin blind to be honest

Guest Gemmill

Don't really post much any more if you hadn't noticed.  Martins is still not good enough though - the fact that his stock has risen even with me is indicative of how far we've fallen, not how good he is.  The fact that we likely can't and won't sign better these days is a function of how poorly the club is being run, not of any improvement in his ability.  When he gets back in the side, he'll be better than most of the other strikers we have, but his touch will still be s****, he'll still give the ball away a lot, and he'll still demonstrate a lack of basic football intelligence.  If any of that makes me a beard stroker (amazing insult btw), then so be it.

We miss Martins at the minute, but only because of how s*** our alternatives are, not how good he is.  Seems to me you all but admit to that in your post anyway.

racist.

Pretty outrageous accusation just because someone doesn't think a player is very good, and just because that player happens to be black.  I think Bassong's good btw.  How does that fit in with your fucked up take on things?

Wasn't it you that tried to play the racist card once before then came over all OMG CAN'T YOU TAKE A JOKE!!!11 

racist.

Pretty outrageous accusation just because someone doesn't think a player is very good, and just because that player happens to be black.  I think Bassong's good btw.  How does that fit in with your f***ed up take on things?

Wasn't it you that tried to play the racist card once before then came over all OMG CAN'T YOU TAKE A JOKE!!!11 

hmm, what's your take on Geremi?

Guest Gemmill

i think you're fuckin blind to be honest

Ok.

Guest Gemmill

racist.

Pretty outrageous accusation just because someone doesn't think a player is very good, and just because that player happens to be black.  I think Bassong's good btw.  How does that fit in with your f***ed up take on things?

So was the racist thing a joke, or is that what passes for intelligent debate on here?  "Doesn't like a black player......I bet he's fucking racist!"

racist.

So was the racist thing a joke, or is that what passes for intelligent debate on here?  "Doesn't like a black player......I bet he's fucking racist!"

:nope:  racist

Guest Darth Toon

The stat on the BBC prematch report yesterday said it all for me - since he joined us, Martins has missed 22 (now 23) matches through injury - we've only won 2 of them.

He represents our last slim chance of staying up.