Obafemi Martins

Wullie

Probably because while he was out, all our hopes were pinned on him to perform. He was the one that everyone assumed would make things better when he came back. In the two and a bit games he's been back, he's been a letdown.

Not saying he has done brilliantly since coming back from injury, because he hasn't, but with Lovenkrands and him in attack we have seen attacking moves you simply wouldn't see with Owen in the team due to his lack of movement (unless played in midfield, something Hughton and Kinnear wouldn't even consider). Martins has also scored a goal yesterday from nothing, although he missed one or two he should have scored. He is capable of playing better than he currently is, but I personally don't think Owen would have done better, certainly not in terms of contributing to our general decent attacking play..

Owen looked really off the pace when he came on. It was like watching someone in slow motion. At least Loven and Martins looked like they could compete equally as athletes against Arsenal's players. Wenger actually said they were very lively throughout.

Loven should not get a new deal but the fucker worked his balls off yesterday.

Loven would be a class above in the Championship I reckon.

Probably because while he was out, all our hopes were pinned on him to perform. He was the one that everyone assumed would make things better when he came back. In the two and a bit games he's been back, he's been a letdown.

Not saying he has done brilliantly since coming back from injury, because he hasn't, but with Lovenkrands and him in attack we have seen attacking moves you simply wouldn't see with Owen in the team due to his lack of movement (unless played in midfield, something Hughton and Kinnear wouldn't even consider). Martins has also scored a goal yesterday from nothing, although he missed one or two he should have scored. He is capable of playing better than he currently is, but I personally don't think Owen would have done better, certainly not in terms of contributing to our general decent attacking play..

Owen looked really off the pace when he came on. It was like watching someone in slow motion. At least Loven and Martins looked like they could compete equally as athletes against Arsenal's players. Wenger actually said they were very lively throughout.

I think the lad should get a new deal. Put at this way, when everyone is fully fit who would you rather came of the bench, Shola or Lovenkrands?

I think the lad should get a new deal. Put at this way, when everyone is fully fit who would you rather came of the bench, Shola or Lovenkrands?

I'd give him a new deal ahead of some of the other wasters we are chucking contracts at.

I'd give him a new deal ahead of some of the other wasters we are chucking contracts at.

He looked more of a threat than all our strikers but together minus oba, but his finishing lets  him down

aye, of all the players. Some absolute mongs on this forum, absolute fucking mongs

he is way overated, cant pick a pass, cant trap a ball, wayward shooting, relying on players like him, is getting us  relegated.

aye, of all the players. Some absolute mongs on this forum, absolute f***ing mongs

he is way overated, cant pick a pass, cant trap a ball, wayward shooting, relying on players like him, is getting us  relegated.

Put Liven through yesterday with a lovley ball, can't pick a pass my arse.

:lol:

aye, of all the players. Some absolute mongs on this forum, absolute f***ing mongs

i agree CP his general football skills aren't too good, however he is a threat due to his pace the problem he has tho is he hasn't got any footballing nous/brains,  if he gets the ball and has time and then has to think about what he has to do then he normally looks a chamionship player,  if he gets the ball quick and plays on instinct then he looks a world beater.

He is a scorer of great goals unfortunately what we need is a great goalscorer.

i take it you agree with the rest of my points then, i will concede he may pick one pass in a match,..

still not good enough thou.

He does not use his pace as much as he could, he can hold the ball up and wait for support, he can beat a man when needed, has a great leap for his height, his shooting is his downfall at times he takes way to long to get a shot away. Playing with a regular strike partner wpould help his game, hard to get an understasnding when you don't play alongside the same player all the time, needs better widemen and CM's for a better service. At times we put way to much expectation on him, due to a lack of faith in Owen, Shola and Viduka.

When will paople wake up and realise Martins is s***.

I thought he was outstanding yesterday. Missed a few chances, but was definitely always a threat and made some good chances from nothing. His penalty wasn't great but not the worst I've seen from our lot.

outstanding,...lol,...see you in the championship,....his level.

Drugs are bad kids.

I reckon he's one of those players not good enough for the top 4, but probably too good for the group down...and that applies for all the major European leagues. He'll end up at someone like Galatasaray, Fenerbahce, Besiktas, etc. playing Champions League football in a pretty average league scoring 15-20 goals a season imo.

i take it you agree with the rest of my points then, i will concede he may pick one pass in a match,..

Not good enough for who? Surely you don't mean us? :lol:

not good enough, to score enough goals to keep us in the premier league, not just him, but as this is a thread about him.

not good enough, to score enough goals to keep us in the premier league, not just him, but as this is a thread about him.

Whatever, his 11 league in his first have gained us crucial points kept us away from getting into a real relegation fight. He's scored 7 in 17 league appearances this season. He's hardly been firing them in for fun but who has?

Who should we put our faith in then? Owen, Ameobi, Lovenkrands or Carroll?

Guest Heneage

I reckon he could CP. Our defence looked very very tight yesterday and with the inclusion of Beye now too, I could quite easily see a few one nil's.

I reckon he could CP. Our defence looked very very tight yesterday and with the inclusion of Beye now too, I could quite easily see a few one nil's.

our defence looked very tight?

I must have been confused, i thought i saw Arsenal score 3 times and hit the woodwork 3 or 4 times.

why take a pen with your weak foot...bellend

:nope: Still can't get over how this piece of absolute nonsense has been peddled constantly since the first half yesterday.

what nonsense?

:nope: Still can't get over how this piece of absolute nonsense has been peddled constantly since the first half yesterday.

what nonsense?

It being the fifth of five pens he's taken for us with his right foot..

what nonsense?

It being the fifth of five pens he's taken for us with his right foot..

he hasn't taken them all with his right foot tbh