Obafemi Martins

Wullie

I dont know about the first because it was at the other end of the ground but the second you cant call s*** , he did well

i already said he did well to get onto them

i then said his finishing was crap

where do you disagree

Anyone who blames Martins for the result today is daft

Jayson's been kissing Owen's arse all week so he probably thinks blaming Martins will deflect the criticism. Fact is, if Martins hadn't scored on Monday we'd already be down.

your the one linking my comments about MARTINS towards Owen.

I am not even considering owen to be honest, i think its shite that hes somehow managed to twat himself again.

What i AM however saying, is that martins finishing was SHITE.

its not a very confusing argument

he could have chipped him easily, gone for the roof of the net. Put it under swahcthehrer

He put it at a crap height, in a crap area & made it an easy enough save. Could have done much better, a decent finisher would have.

Jayson's been kissing Owen's arse all week so he probably thinks blaming Martins will deflect the criticism. Fact is, if Martins hadn't scored on Monday we'd already be down.

I am not even considering owen to be honest, i think its shite that hes somehow managed to twat himself again.

What i AM however saying, is that martins finishing was SHITE.

How come you didn't post in this thread after the boro game? Did Martins goal which could still keep us up sicken you?

he could have chipped him easily, gone for the roof of the net. Put it under swahcthehrer

He put it at a crap height, in a crap area & made it an easy enough save. Could have done much better, a decent finisher would have.

you consider Owen a good finisher yet he's managed to miss every decent chance he's got in the last 10 games

I am not even considering owen to be honest, i think its s**** that hes somehow managed to t*** himself again.

What i AM however saying, is that martins finishing was s****.

How come you didn't post in this thread after the boro game? Did Martins goal which could still keep us up sicken you?

Your posts are getting severely pathetic now. Just because you have a sad little idea in your head doesnt make it true.

I disagree with many on owens ability and the way he plays. This doesnt determine my opinion on every single issue relating to newcastle.

I said martins did well to get his goal v boro, i also specifically said owen would not have been able to score the goal martins did. Look back through my posts instead of replying with this crap  :thup:

you consider Owen a good finisher yet he's managed to miss every decent chance he's got in the last 10 games

all 2 of them yes

I am not even considering owen to be honest, i think its s**** that hes somehow managed to t*** himself again.

Your posts are getting severely pathetic now. Just because you have a sad little idea in your head doesnt make it true.

I disagree with many on owens ability and the way he plays. This doesnt determine my opinion on every single issue relating to newcastle.

I said martins did well to get his goal v boro, i also specifically said owen would not have been able to score the goal martins did. Look back through my posts instead of replying with this crap  :thup:

You didn't answer my question though. Why didn't you post in this thread after Martins scored against boro?

Nothing will ever make me hate Martins. Today was his time to cement a place in geordie folklore and unfortunately he couldn't do it.

HOWEVER (and I only watched the highlights) at least he got a few chances and posed a threat. If it was Owen he would have been fucking anonymous for the whole game again.

Guest palnese

Best player for us today, imo. Worked hard and created a good few chances.

missed a couple of sitters though. should have had 1 or 2.

You didn't answer my question though. Why didn't you post in this thread after Martins scored against boro?

I suspect that Jayson either has some obsession with Michael Owen, or is the man himself

pointless mate, he'll still be whinging about little Michael being a great player long after he's deserted the ship he helped sink

Guest palnese

Sitters?

As in chances he should have taken. The one that hit the post, and the one late on in the second half.

martins chances were purely down to himself. The late one was persistence followed by good skill then a good save. The first one was an intelligent run having made an intelligent into feet then sprint, was a moderately tight angle on his weaker foot. was good each time he got the ball but because we have no centre midfield all the ball are coming in from wide and while he can head i believe if you look at most of his goals they come from him having a yard of space around the edge of the box or from being played in behind when a team is not all set up (counter etc). Class player. Needs guthrie in centre mid or any ball player

having Martins is like having a Ferrari engine in a car with a broken gearbox

if we had a CM with genuine passing ability he'd be f***ing dynamite, it's very, very sad that he's likely to have played his last game at SJP

Guest Brewcastle

In art of football; Martins is GOD.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bad to clap myself...... but Martins is so important that i clap again  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:  Thank's a lot to Glenn R. for bringing him, :clap: -And I'll hail Shearer when he developing him.

Sitters?

The one that hit the post, in my opinion it was harder to miss than to score.

In art of football; Martins is GOD.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bad to clap myself...... but Martins is so important that i clap again  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:  Thank's a lot to Glenn R. for bringing him, :clap: -And I'll hail Shearer when he developing him.

he developing him wont happen mate, he's basically gone

Sitters?

As in chances he should have taken. The one that hit the post, and the one late on in the second half.

Shearer would have been proud to score those.