Obafemi Martins

Wullie

cost us 4 points in the last 2 matches, miss at the death at spurs and a sitter last night.

When players are paid so well to stick the ball in the net, they shouldnt be missing those, same applies for little Micky on his £120k a week. Maybes Martins should worry less about his nightclubin, drinking and lamboughini t-shirts and concentrate on scoring.

Still, im sure if we go down, somebody else will give him a handsome contract.

That's the problem with nearly all of them, because they know it.

Some will argue we will finally eliminate the deadwood.

Yep, tho who the hell will give Smith a new contract i do not know! :lol:

Guest neesy111

he hasn't got a footballing brain, doesn't make clever run's etc and he hasn't imprved one bit since he joined (although he's had some shit managers, he should be improving slightly through experience)

• 2 weeks later...

Acccording to the radio, Martins is injured/out of the game.

He's turning into another Owen, constantly injured and out of form. Crap end to a crap season for Martins. Marks out of 10? 3 and that's being generous.

Turns out I was right all along then, eh?

Not really. It's also telling that the reason you decide to return to posting is to gloat over your opinion of a player - a player who's now scored our most important goal of the season so far.

He's injured and it's obvious, but the boy showed up for us tonight and I'm fuckin' glad that he's on the pitch right now.

Guest iliketoonarmy

And people will continue saying he has no football brain, just because he is a black.

I do remember he scored and assisted some important goals for us during Roeder's management to save us in relegation battles, but people just love to forget it.

And people will continue saying he has no football brain, just because he is a black.

I do remember he scored and assisted some important goals for us during Roeder's management to save us in relegation battles, but people just love to forget it.

has anyone ever said he doesn't have a football brain for this reason?

:kinnear: to you sir.

he hasn't got a footballing brain' date=' doesn't make clever run's etc and he hasn't imprved one bit since he joined (although he's had some shit managers, he should be improving slightly through experience)[/quote']

he hasn't got a footballing brain' date=' doesn't make clever run's etc and he hasn't imprved one bit since he joined (although he's had some shit managers, he should be improving slightly through experience)[/quote']

errr, where does he say in that quote that its due to him being black?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

What needs to happen is that the idiots that cry racism should be banned.

Your racism has made many people cry, and countless others who have suffered in silence. People like you and Joey Barton and Toonlass should be kept away from the good people of this community

Guest Gemmill

What needs to happen is that the idiots that cry racism should be banned.

Your racism has made many people cry, and countless others who have suffered in silence. People like you and Joey Barton and Toonlass should be kept away from the good people of this community

Tit! ;)

To be honest I've thought in the past that some players get branded with the 'no footballing brain' tag because of their race... there are hundreds of white players who are thick as bricks who never get pulled up on it.

But in Oba's case I agree he isn't that 'intelligent' in the way that a Carrick or even Owen is - he's a dynamic player that thrives on the moment, he reacts to what happens around him and tries to do it faster than his opponents.

There is a need for both types of player.