Obafemi Martins

Wullie

I always thought Little Ken looked electric up front. Never stopped moving, made some lovely runs, was only really let-down by his lack of a killer instinct (although his goal record up top was hardly bad).

He was a player disliked for his attitude and fitness record rather than his ability, IMO. In time, when people are looking back at the highlights of Robson's best team they'll remember him more fondly when you see just how much good he was involved with.

No eye for goal was his main failing. He could get in the right place but didn't have killer instinct / touch. Always quite liked him, but it's almost pointless having a player that good who's that inconsistent with regards to fitness and performance.

I always thought Little Ken looked electric up front. Never stopped moving, made some lovely runs, was only really let-down by his lack of a killer instinct (although his goal record up top was hardly bad).

He was a player disliked for his attitude and fitness record rather than his ability, IMO. In time, when people are looking back at the highlights of Robson's best team they'll remember him more fondly when you see just how much good he was involved with.

No eye for goal was his main failing. He could get in the right place but didn't have killer instinct / touch. Always quite liked him, but it's almost pointless having a player that good who's that inconsistent with regards to fitness and performance.

Yep,he was a very good player,in spite of his lack of confidence in his shooting ability,had he had the confidence to shoot,then he would have been an intrnational regular,probably usurping Lampard.

Not in the same class as lampard, particularly with respect to passing (if we're overlooking the shooting). Could have been superb, just lacked one or two attributes.

Not in the same class as lampard, particularly with respect to passing (if we're overlooking the shooting). Could have been superb, just lacked one or two attributes.

only the first 7 words of that post were needed.

only the first 7 words of that post were needed.

7 more than normal.

Guest firetotheworks

the more i watch martins the more i think we should just have kept lomano lua lua.

Comparisons aside, why did we sell him again?

It seems like we sell players for either having bad attitudes, being good or for the money.

Whilst buying players with notoriously bad attitudes, or who are past it, for a lot of money.

Yep,he was a very good player,in spite of his lack of confidence in his shooting ability,had he had the confidence to shoot,then he would have been an intrnational regular,probably usurping Lampard.

Dyer, even at his absolute best isn't in the same league as Lampard

the more i watch martins the more i think we should just have kept lomano lua lua.

Comparisons aside, why did we sell him again?

It seems like we sell players for either having bad attitudes, being good or for the money.

Whilst buying players with notoriously bad attitudes, or who are past it, for a lot of money.

Loaned him out and then fell out with him when he refused to return when an injury crisis struck and we'd a big game coming up, in Europe if I recall?

Was a bit daft from both sides really.

For all I think he's the most dangerous striker in our squad I don't believe we've had 100% from Oba this season. If he doesn't do the business tomorrow he can fuck off along with Owen next season.

For all I think he's the most dangerous striker in our squad I don't believe we've had 100% from Oba this season. If he doesn't do the business tomorrow he can fuck off along with Owen next season.

To be fair to Oba, he's been struggling with this groin/hernia problem for most of this season.

Guest BooBoo

To be fair to Oba, he's been struggling with this groin/hernia problem for most of this season.

He's also been struggling due to his lack of a brain and the required ability needed to be a top level striker.

For all I think he's the most dangerous striker in our squad I don't believe we've had 100% from Oba this season. If he doesn't do the business tomorrow he can f*** off along with Owen next season.

He's also been struggling due to his lack of a brain and the required ability needed to be a top level striker.

True.

That doesn't negate the fact he'd be better if he was fully fit.

So what's your conclusion then, he's not good enough for us???  :idiot2:

So what's your conclusion then, he's not good enough for us???   :idiot2:

think otters still stuck with NE5 in the "CL qualification is just around the corner again with a couple of good signings" mode

"top level" striker?  :lol:

tragic comments

For all I think he's the most dangerous striker in our squad I don't believe we've had 100% from Oba this season. If he doesn't do the business tomorrow he can f*** off along with Owen next season.

This - On the nail....10m wasted.

madness

7 mil less than Owen though. :lol:

That makes it OK then?

You could use that excuse for every single member of our squad.

That makes it OK then?

Just an observation. Martins isn't so bad anyway. He is blatantly injured at the moment. Will never be consistent, but has a place in the team, no doubt.

That makes it OK then?

i can't believe this shit, how have we "wasted" 10m on martins?  he was bought at 22 or something and his goals kept us up in his first season as i recall it

he's suffered with from as the team have diminished down to the bare bones of crap and yet he's still the player we'll get the most money for when sold who remains in the squad - he's got more desire to play for the shirt and the club than most anyone else and is our top scorer this season i think?

"wasted" get a grip

That makes it OK then?

i can't believe this s***, how have we "wasted" 10m on martins?  he was bought at 22 or something and his goals kept us up in his first season as i recall it

he's suffered with from as the team have diminished down to the bare bones of crap and yet he's still the player we'll get the most money for when sold who remains in the squad - he's got more desire to play for the shirt and the club than most anyone else and is our top scorer this season i think?

"wasted" get a grip

:cheesy:

When did I say it was £10m wasted?

I said that using the fact that he was cheaper than Owen and therefore good business is stupid.

But thanks for making up my opinion for me.