Obafemi Martins

Wullie

to be fair to the lad he's injured. I hope we excerise the loan option but chances are he's gone.

Shame, despite his sketchy finishing and underdeveloped football brain he could have been a nufc legend had we bough one single midfielder capable of hitting a pass. We all knew it was the priority in the summer AND in Jan yet nowt was done about it, which is why we're down.

He blew chance after chance even with a poor midfield. The penalty against Arsenal, the volley over from 6-yards versus Portsmouth, the two good chances against Fulham, the volley over yesterday, the header just wide (granted that was tricky).

Take just one of those, and chances are we're still a Premiership club right now. They weren't overly difficult chances either. As for the "he can create something out of nothing" crap, what's the point of that if he can't finish a bowl of soup?

Don’t forget the chance against spurs where skied it high. (Sounds familiar these days eh, ronadlo?)

My favourite player since he arrived. He was one of the only players who actually created some excitement with his play. I'm sure many will disagree but I could see the likes of Man U going for him. Tevez is more than likely going to leave. Tevez is valued at around £25m. Martins has that £11m release clause in his contract. He'll probably go for less. Is Tevez in a great team that much better than Martins who played in an awful team? Doubt he'd want to be a bench warmer though. Man City may be interested. They were rumoured to be interested in Owen at one point and personally I think Owen's finished. Martins would be much more useful to a team.

Martins was putting off a groin operation until the end of the season. I wonder who long he'll take to recover from that? Probably only a month or so. When he goes I hope we get good money for him.

Guest Gemmill

That chance earlier could have saved us, unbelievable miss.

Unfortunately only he would have been sharp enough to even get a volley off in a split second. That's the dilemma.

Not much of a dilemma given his inability to hit the target. It'll be good to get rid of him.

Yeah we need a striker who plays at the same pace as the rest of the team, slow and lumbering.

It's one or the other then is it?

Man Utd would never consider Martins in a hundred million years.

I think he'll go abroad.

Go somewhere like Galatasary or Deportivo.

About time Deportivo gave us some money back, the robbing c*nts. :lol:

:lol:

That chance earlier could have saved us, unbelievable miss.

Unfortunately only he would have been sharp enough to even get a volley off in a split second. That's the dilemma.

Not much of a dilemma given his inability to hit the target. It'll be good to get rid of him.

Yeah we need a striker who plays at the same pace as the rest of the team, slow and lumbering.

It's one or the other then is it?

Buying effective strikers is the hardest part of the game IMO, especially one who is quick.

I have such mixed feelings on Martins leaving.

I used to love the guy, he seemed as though he genuinely loved the club, we accepted his short falls and he accepted ours. He gave a shit, he was always the one who'd run his arse off and provide that moment of inspiration when it was needed.

I don't know if it's because I've become apathetic about the club or I'm just appreciating the guy less but recently he's just become another player I can't wait to see the back of. I appreciate a mixture of low confidence carrying an injury and most importantly playing with the sack of shit he has have been detrimental factors but in my mind he's just become one of those unreliable over-payed wankers we are so overly stocked on. Those little misses have become more frequent and important, his low confidence meant he missed important chances at Arsenal and Portsmouth to name a couple.

I thought he was going to be a hero again when he scored against Boro but despite his effort in the last couple of games his shocking finishing has cost us. The most upsetting thing is he'll go on to do well at another club. I wish the lad good luck and thank him for his effort and the good memories but his loss doesn't really bother me as much as it would of a couple of years back.

He tries hard to be fair to him. Seemed to be one of a few to give a s***. Just couldn't put his chances away. That penalty at arsenal shot his confidence :(

Sometimes he tried hard.  A decent amount of the time he looked completely uninterested. 

Can't really agree. Always looked up for it when I saw him play. The fact he gets visibly pissed off when he f***s up a pass (happens a lot) or doesn't get a pass is evidence for that.

That was evidence of his petulance and his own frustration at his lack of ability.  He didn't bother to "show up" on a canny few occasions tbh.

I'm glad someone else fucking sees it as well.

It blows me away when people say he's one of the few that actually cares. If he gave any less effort some days, he'd probably fall asleep on the halfway line.

Be glad to get rid of him tbh. When he first came, he looked up for the fight. Now he gives his all when he feels like it and couldn't give two fucks the rest of the time.

Guest Heneage

I have such mixed feelings on Martins leaving.

I used to love the guy, he seemed as though he genuinely loved the club, we accepted his short falls and he accepted ours. He gave a s***, he was always the one who'd run his arse off and provide that moment of inspiration when it was needed.

I don't know if it's because I've become apathetic about the club or I'm just appreciating the guy less but recently he's just become another player I can't wait to see the back of. I appreciate a mixture of low confidence carrying an injury and most importantly playing with the sack of s*** he has have been detrimental factors but in my mind he's just become one of those unreliable over-payed wankers we are so overly stocked on. Those little misses have become more frequent and important, his low confidence meant he missed important chances at Arsenal and Portsmouth to name a couple.

I thought he was going to be a hero again when he scored against Boro but despite his effort in the last couple of games his shocking finishing has cost us. The most upsetting thing is he'll go on to do well at another club. I wish the lad good luck and thank him for his effort and the good memories but his loss doesn't really bother me as much as it would of a couple of years back.

He lived off being a top bloke for a while I think. He stopped trying this season.

Comparing Martins to Tevez. My God...

Why not? Some people compare Jonas to Park.

:lol: Because both comparisons are madness. Park and Tevez are a thousand times the players that Jonas and Martins are.

:lol: Because both comparisons are madness. Park and Tevez are a thousand times the players that Jonas and Martins are.

I agree that Park is loads better than Jonas. Tevez is valued at more than 2.5 times what Martins is. My point was is Tevez worth 2.5 times more than Martins? You may think he is, I don't. We'll see where Martins ends up and how he does. Also, to be fair to him, he was injured a lot this year (and his mother died).

I agree that Park is loads better than Jonas. Tevez is valued at more than 2.5 times what Martins is. My point was is Tevez worth 2.5 times more than Martins? You may think he is, I don't. We'll see where Martins ends up and how he does. Also, to be fair to him, he was injured a lot this year (and his mother died).

Tevez is worth about 10 times the amount Martins is tbh

Once again, I never said Martins was as good as Tevez. I said Tevez is a £25m player and Martins is a £11m player. Whoever buys Martins will probably get him for around £8m. Martins is worth that. Look at how much other strikers have cost over the last season or so.

Martins would be one of the first out of the door for me. Get in some money and get him off the wagebill. (How close will/can we go to covering the lost TV revenue in players fees and wages? Martins, Viduka, Owen must save us how much per year on top of what we might get in for a transfer fee?)

Brutally honest he's always flattered to decieve. He's had enough chances in the last 4 or 5 matches to put us into a safe position but has spunked every single one. Sadly there's not much between his ears and this sadly will always be his achilles heel.

Martins would be one of the first out of the door for me. Get in some money and get him off the wagebill. (How close will/can we go to covering the lost TV revenue in players fees and wages? Martins, Viduka, Owen must save us how much per year on top of what we might get in for a transfer fee?)

Brutally honest he's always flattered to decieve. He's had enough chances in the last 4 or 5 matches to put us into a safe position but has spunked every single one. Sadly there's not much between his ears and this sadly will always be his achilles heel.

massive let down. Crumpled under pressure. (Like the rest of the squad)