Carroll, Edgar and Kadar your time is now!

KaKa

Carroll needs more chances than 20 minutes against man Utd when we are in shadows. I would start with Carroll next match. To just mention Ameobis name is pathetic. he is so total rutten bad.

I am sure and I would play Kadar every day in the week instead of Zog as vb. though it is a absolutely joke that Enrique is not playing. disaster!

I saw Kadar in one reserve game and I can guarantee that he would be a better left back than Zoggy defensively.

He is an out and out defender for one and despite his young age is a big boy at about 6 foot 2 with a good physical presence.

Sick of Zoggy playing back there.

Right, you can guarantee it on the back of one reserve match, makes a lot of sense.

It depends what the situation with Enrique is, but it doesn't seem good.

If its a choice between Car or taking a gamble with Kadar i'd personally take the the gamble. As we kow 100% for sure that Car is shite.

Guest float one in

Never seen Kadar and Edgar looked alreet last season (think he had a good goal and scored a flukey one against Man U didn't he).

But Carroll has to be in! He's big and agressive in the air, and looks like he knows what he's doing with the ball at his feet. What I like about him is he seems purposeful and direct in everything he does, which Shola hardly ever does. He looks like a radgee as well - I want him to develop into the new Duncan Ferguson, who was absolutely unplayable on his day. Carroll looks like he's got a decent shot on his left foot. Would love to see him starting from now till the end of the season.

• 2 weeks later...
KEVIN KEEGAN has dismissed calls to blood any of Newcastle’s talented but untried youngsters in the heat of a relegation battle.

With numerous star names failing miserably to perform to expectations in recent weeks, some United fans have called for Keegan to put his faith in youth.

And the Magpies manager admits several junior players have knocked on his door and asked for the chance to prove themselves.

But although rookie striker Andy Carroll has made fleeting appearances off the bench, no other teenager has featured in a Premier League game under KK, several highly-rated January signings included.

And the Magpies manager, although impressed by the efforts of the likes of Hungarian defender Tamas Kadar in the reserves and Italian striker Fabio Zamblera on the training ground, insists that is the way it will stay.

“Kadar, the lad Fabio . . . they’re not anywhere near the first team this year,” Keegan told the Sunday Sun.

“They weren’t brought in for that. They have done well in the reserves or whatever, but that’s a million miles from the Premier League.

“These are 17-18 year old kids, you’d be reluctant to put any youngsters too close to this.

“We’ve got Andy Carroll in the squad at the moment. We’ve got one or two others who have done quite well and they’ve been to see me and I’ve just said: ‘Hey, I won’t involve you in this.’

“If this was pre-season, I’d have had a look at Kadar, had a look at Fabio — even though he’s a long way off — had a better look at Andy Carroll and I’d have looked at the young goalkeeper (Fraser Forster) by now.

“But now, it’s about guys who know the league; about guys who’ve got the experience.

“And we’ve got plenty of those, to be fair.”

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun/tm_headline=keegan-i-will-not-risk-my-starlets%26method=full%26objectid=20583922%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Guest Phil K

Kadar is only 17, ffs.

Old saying - if they're good enough, they're old enough.

ANYTHINGS better than the couldn't-give-a-fart regulars f******g up our team at the moment.

Kadar is only 17, ffs.

ANYTHINGS better than the couldn't-give-a-fart regulars f******g up our team at the moment.

Though i don't really want to see Kader and Zambrela thrown in that early ,Andy Carroll has to play, its a joke that he's playing in the reserves when clearly he's far better than that, he's been pretty decent and is two times the players Smith is.

Kadar is only 17, ffs.

Fair enough take a chance on youth in attacking positions, but it is not a great idea at the back, no matter how bad the seniors are playing.

Carroll, Lualua & Edgar should be considered, Kadar ans the recent signings no chance.

Edgar, Troisi, LuaLua & Carroll should all be in contention/starting. In fact no, starting.

I wouldn't worry too much about playing any of those 4, at least they'll have a bit of hunger to do well.

Guest optimistic nit

Kadar is only 17, ffs.

and how exactly is a 17 year old whose never played a competitive match in england or any other good or semi good european league a) going to be good enough, and b) going to be able do handle the pressures of a relegation scrap (playing in defence

Edgar, Troisi, LuaLua & Carroll should all be in contention/starting. In fact no, starting.

I wouldn't worry too much about playing any of those 4, at least they'll have a bit of hunger to do well.

Yup, Keegan says we need experience, but freshness, eagerness & niavity to the situation is exactly what we need. These players havent been involved in all the crap this season and potentially wont be weighed down by the pressure, especially when losing a goal. We go one nil down & the current players think "here we go... " but these players mentioned wont have that mindset. The eagerness to do well & prove a point would let them express themselves. Not to mention they have all showed promise and signs of talent.

Wake up people, these are the reserves that were taken to extra time by Whitley Bay just this week. The likes of Kadar, Lua Lua etc. are nowhere near ready ot be thorwn in at the deep end.

Wake up people, these are the reserves that were taken to extra time by Whitley Bay just this week. The likes of Kadar, Lua Lua etc. are nowhere near ready ot be thorwn in at the deep end.

Have you seen Lua Lua play?  He is really fast, he's direct and he can put in a good cross.

Kadar is far too inexperienced but Lua Lua has played in the first team and hasn't let himself down, the same goes for Triosi.

Were you at the game?

Have you seen Lua Lua play?  He is really fast, he's direct and he can put in a good cross.

Kadar is far too inexperienced but Lua Lua has played in the first team and hasn't let himself down, the same goes for Triosi.

Lua Lua has looked shite whenever he has played. Granted, I suppose you could argue he needs a run of games, but we don't really have that luxury.

Lua Lua has looked shite whenever he has played. Granted, I suppose you could argue he needs a run of games, but we don't really have that luxury.

Jesus wept.

The lads played 45 minutes of football for the first team spread over 4 matches and in both games against Stoke he came on and looked a decent player, to say he's look shite is quite frankly a load of bollocks.

Guest toonlass

We are talking about Kazenga you know, not Lomana!

• 1 month later...

KEVIN KEEGAN has dismissed calls to blood any of Newcastle’s talented but untried youngsters in the heat of a relegation battle.

With numerous star names failing miserably to perform to expectations in recent weeks, some United fans have called for Keegan to put his faith in youth.

And the Magpies manager admits several junior players have knocked on his door and asked for the chance to prove themselves.

But although rookie striker Andy Carroll has made fleeting appearances off the bench, no other teenager has featured in a Premier League game under KK, several highly-rated January signings included.

And the Magpies manager, although impressed by the efforts of the likes of Hungarian defender Tamas Kadar in the reserves and Italian striker Fabio Zamblera on the training ground, insists that is the way it will stay.

“Kadar, the lad Fabio . . . they’re not anywhere near the first team this year,” Keegan told the Sunday Sun.

“They weren’t brought in for that. They have done well in the reserves or whatever, but that’s a million miles from the Premier League.

“These are 17-18 year old kids, you’d be reluctant to put any youngsters too close to this.

“We’ve got Andy Carroll in the squad at the moment. We’ve got one or two others who have done quite well and they’ve been to see me and I’ve just said: ‘Hey, I won’t involve you in this.’

“If this was pre-season, I’d have had a look at Kadar, had a look at Fabio — even though he’s a long way off — had a better look at Andy Carroll and I’d have looked at the young goalkeeper (Fraser Forster) by now.

“But now, it’s about guys who know the league; about guys who’ve got the experience.

“And we’ve got plenty of those, to be fair.”

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun/tm_headline=keegan-i-will-not-risk-my-starlets%26method=full%26objectid=20583922%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

interesting that KK turns this phrase again.  didn't use the exact same to describe how far off cracking the Top 4 was?   i'm probably working it too hard but, if so, then KK more than likely has very definite, albeit distant, intentions/ambitions of challenging the top 4. :snod: