Relegation - will we or won't we? *NO FIXTURE LISTS PLEASE*

ChrisJbarnes
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

it is of course possible, but i dont think it will happen. we'll pick up a win or two from the remaining games and that should be enough.

even this game we looked fairly good for the opening 25 mins, better than Man Utd actually. Fulham and Reading if faced with the same won't be able to pick us off the same way as they dont have the same quality, nor will they neccessarily be able to soak up pressure as easily as Man U can.

How can u say we wont get relegated?????? We are getting stuffed every game..i mean when one goal goes in we conced 4 or 5!!! boro scored with 3 mins left so no chance of a comback....if not they wud have beaten us by 3 or 4!!!!

We're getting stuffed every time we play a team like Arsenal or Manure, or Villa away.. we won't be playing them every week though so stop the panicking..  As for Boro, you don't know what would have happened given more time, also did you forget that we had a perfectly good goal ruled out that would have given us the win?

i hope we stay up, but we have to pick up points, and we seem like a team that has no confidence what so ever. the players have to step up, or else we'll be in big trouble. i don't like to think off it but is is a possibility. Lets hope we get thru the season and kevin can go out and get some quality in the team so we can leave this nightmare behind. I hope martins can come back soon and give us more options up front.

i really feel for keegan.

i'm wasted, ah crap, more beer

Don't believe for a minute that Newcastle will get relegated.  That's not to say the team is better than that because in another season they could easily have gone down.  But this season there is so much dross occupying the 7 places below you, it's inconceivable that 5 of those teams could get enough points to put Newcastle into the bottom 3.

Guest Brazilianbob

Don't believe for a minute that Newcastle will get relegated.  That's not to say the team is better than that because in another season they could easily have gone down.  But this season there is so much dross occupying the 7 places below you, it's inconceivable that 5 of those teams could get enough points to put Newcastle into the bottom 3.

For f***s sake, wake up and smell the coffee!!!!

What happens when those teams play each other?  That's right, one or both of them pick up points.  Wigan beat derby today.  If the likes of reading and the mackems then manage to beat us, and it is not inconceivable based upon recent non-performances, then we are as good as down.

Guest Wally_McFool

Obviously I hope we stop up but our midfield is the root of this current teams problems. They are  too slow and one paced , they dont create anything and they cant defend .

This is why I will not be suprised if we return to the "Bobby Shinton" years.

Everyone who with confidence predicts 'we aren't going down' should take a look at the stats since Keegan took over. We are a side in massive decline.

I think most wont entertain thoughts of relegation but at what point will folk accept that the 'Keegan effect' has been a massive negative and not in the slightest a positive.

Wake up - we stand as much chance as everyone (but Derby) of going down. We are taking a hiding every time we take to the pitch. Five of the immediate six below us have better GD.

34 points will keep teams up this year and if you can't beat fulham, reading and Sunlan at home then frankly you deserve to go.

Derby, Fulham and Reading IMO

It really all depends on the three home games against Fulham, Reading and Sunderland, which we ought to win, even on current form, and that would see us safe. The unknown is whether the pressure on the players is going to inhibit them too much.

Everyone who with confidence predicts 'we aren't going down' should take a look at the stats since Keegan took over. We are a side in massive decline.

I think most wont entertain thoughts of relegation but at what point will folk accept that the 'Keegan effect' has been a massive negative and not in the slightest a positive.

Wake up - we stand as much chance as everyone (but Derby) of going down. We are taking a hiding every time we take to the pitch. Five of the immediate six below us have better GD.

Keegan's six games have mostly been very difficult ones.  Because we've been losing, the confidence is low but we will win again before too long and, as sure as night follows day, heads will then go up and we'll play better football. 

I wouldn't say that the 'Keegan effect' has been negative.  It hasn't been positive enough for an average set of players to outperform some top of the table sides.  As for the other two games, one of them saw us literally outscore the opposition yet not win and the other came too early for Keegan to have much influence and was against a team who might as well have been composed of 10 defenders and a goalkeeper.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Butt - Relegated with Birmingham

Duff - Relegated with Blackburn

Milner, Smith & Viduka - Relegated with Leeds

All of the above have been there before and most of them don't seem to care that it might happen again.

Guest Milburnthedog

We'll survive just and only due to the dross below us.

It doesn't matter. Just being in the Premiership next season and getting to the close season out of the bottom 3 matters. KK will do his stuff in the summer.

It really all depends on the three home games against Fulham, Reading and Sunderland, which we ought to win, even on current form, and that would see us safe. The unknown is whether the pressure on the players is going to inhibit them too much.

Pretty much. Lose to Blackburn and those three games literally become must win and at the moment i don't have faith in this group of players to perform under that kind of pressure. I pointed out a couple of weeks ago that all the clubs around us have been mentally prepared for a relegation fight from day one and are now scrapping for everything; whereas we have a squad with no confidence whatsoever, who have suddenly found themselves right in the thick of it and are currently playing the worst football of the lot. If Reading or Fulham put a string of results together i'd say we are in a lot of trouble.

At very least we're going to find ourselves in a sobering league position which could well prove to be a hindrance when trying to attract top players in the summer. The decision to sack Allardyce when we were easing to a mid table finish looks worse by the day.

Our goal difference is also becoming a concern, its bloody terrible!

I noticed that yesterday...I believe that if the league table was worked out purely on GD, you would be in the relegation zone with Derby and Reading. Ouch.

Still. I voted no. I dont think the 6 point gap to Reading is big enough to say its not a very real possibility, but I just feel that the games at home to Sunderland, Reading and Fulham...especially with everyone aware of the circumstances...will be what will swing it in your favour.

However(!). Something has to change. You've been awful for a good long while now, why is it that the same team is being sent out week after week after week. Alan Smith, Nicky Butt amongst others are performing poorly on a consistent basis but still playing every game, Nzogbia being selected at fullback regularly. Surely if youre in a slump you have to change something? Or you'll never get out of it. I cant say I understand whats going on.

This side will not beat Sunderland at home.

Anyone who thinks that they will is heading for a shock.

Next week we will be given a master class in centre forward play by Santa Cruz of Blackburn so don,t expect a clean sheet there either.

I cant see where the next point is coming from.

Doug.