So......where is Enrique?

Zero

im very surprised at whats happened with him, both keegan and allardyce seem unwilling to play him.

must be a bit of a t***

That shouldn't matter, even if true.  What he does for 90 minutes of a game is the only thing that should matter.

However, as he ahsn't been pwt to write hoem about, despite the increasingly desperate-sounding protestations of some fans, why shoudl he be played.

Duff has started looking good again give him a f****** break.

Who knows with Enrqie does seem the same thing that happend to Luque? Any one know if hes got an injury?

Absolutely hilarious.

What a comment again from the brightest of all lights...

He'll be replaced by Nicky Shorey in the Summer IMO.

Well, that would be a shame simply because that bloke has looked pretty mediocre to me. I thought Enrique's looked OK, worth perservering with anyway. I'd certainly start him instead of Zoggy. But if we're going to replace him instead of trying to develop him, if we're going to go out and buy a LB in his prime, i'd hope for a lot better than Nicky Shorey.

Going against the grain here but Enrique has looked fairly ordinary to me, strong but sluggish.  I was giving him the benefit of the doubt in terms or him being young in a new league and needing time to adapt but he certainly didn't look fit to me and was very hesitant at going forward.  Maybe he was sticking to orders from the coach but I didn't see 6.5m worth of player so far. There certainly must be something wrong with him as 2 managers seem fit to leave him out.

I think it's just a case of Keegan not being able to make up his mind picking between Zog, Duff, and Milner. So he just says to himself:

"hey, I'm Kevin Keegan, I like attacking fullbacks. f*** it I'll have Zog at LB. Problem solved."

The sooner he takes a long hard look at things and realizes that unfortunately, he's going to have to drop one of the three decent players in our squad, the better. Enrique has looked good every time he's played and he's got bags of potential. But at this rate, he's going to f*** off back to Spain for less than half the money we payed for him.

Why would he have to drop a decent player? ???

Because he has to drop one of Duff, Milner, and Zog?

No he doesn't. Our best team is this:

Given

Beye  Taylor  Edgar   Enrique

Milner    Faye   Emre*   Zoggy 

Duff

Martins 

Subs Harper, Geremi, Barton, Owen, Ameobi/Carrol

We need to try this team ASAP. Although i do not know why Enrique is being overlooked, unless theres something seriously wrong with him, he should play. We have to put Faye back into CM to hold us together alongside one of Emre, Barton or maybe at a push Zoggy or Lua Lua. Zoggy, Milner, Emre* Duff and Martins should be good against MOST opposition to create and score goals for us.

I agree its probably a case of keegan bottling it not wanting to upset established players yet.

Guest Stephen927

One problem I have with your team toptoon is the lack of height up front, our midfield simply isn't good enough to effectively support the attackers or to play the ball into their feet.

Against Blackburn I'd go with

Harper

Beye            Faye              Taylor          Edgar

Milner        Geremi          Emre            N'Zogbia

Martins

Smith

Edgar in for Zog at left back, assuming Enrique isn't going to be played.

Going against the grain here but Enrique has looked fairly ordinary to me, strong but sluggish.  I was giving him the benefit of the doubt in terms or him being young in a new league and needing time to adapt but he certainly didn't look fit to me and was very hesitant at going forward.  Maybe he was sticking to orders from the coach but I didn't see 6.5m worth of player so far. There certainly must be something wrong with him as 2 managers seem fit to leave him out.

Agreed,

A distinctly unimpressed observer here. A one paced, one footed, uninspiring plodder if ever there was one.

The latest latin probably feeling lost in an alien environment.

Doug

i HAVE ALSO STATED BEFORE THAT FROM WHAT i'VE SEEN OF HIM (on the telly that is) he has looked qwuite average and very slow...

I know it's not the same as being at the game but he certainly isn't the defender we thought he was going to be.

i HAVE ALSO STATED BEFORE THAT FROM WHAT i'VE SEEN OF HIM (on the telly that is) he has looked qwuite average and very slow...

I know it's not the same as being at the game but he certainly isn't the defender we thought he was going to be.

for someone so slow i haven't seen anyone burn him off

He's quite fast when he gets up to speed but his initial acceleration is abysmal!

i think he just looks like that cos he looks heavy. he's certainly no speedster but not as slow as a lot would make out.

He's quick enough from what I've seen. Doesn't look it, but seems able to shift up a gear when necesary. I think he's not playing for other reasons, maybe Keegan doesn't like his distribution or he's not happy here.

One thing is for certain, we have yet  to see any evidence of why he is nicknamed 'The Bull'.

Don't know about that, he shuck the likes of Rooney off pretty easilly.  Also he has looked pretty fast when he's needed to be, at the end of the day I can't remember anyone getting a yard on him other then Wallcott once in the game against Arsenal.

Like others have said, he hasn't been amazing so far, but he's 21 playing his first few games in a new country.  He's looked like a good lefback so far with the potential to be very good IMO.

I also think there must be "other" reasons because even though I think he's slow he has to be better than zoggy, carr and company in that role????

Agreed. In playing terms, he HAS to be a better bet than Carr or Zog, by virtue of the fact that i) he can use his left foot to kick the ball and ii) he has played a lot of games at left back, and knows what the hell he's supposed to be doing there.

There's GOT to be something behind the scenes here.

On the rare occasions I've seen him play, he's looked like what I think he is, a young player coming to terms with a new league. He's done pretty well, albeit there are things to work on. How he's supposed to get used to the league without playing in it is something else I don't get.

I also think there must be "other" reasons because even though I think he's slow he has to be better than zoggy, carr and company in that role????

Agreed. In playing terms, he HAS to be a better bet than Carr or Zog, by virtue of the fact that i) he can use his left foot to kick the ball and ii) he has played a lot of games at left back, and knows what the hell he's supposed to be doing there.

On the rare occasions I've seen him play, he's looked like what I think he is, a young player coming to terms with a new league. He's done pretty well, albeit there are things to work on. How he's supposed to get used to the league without playing in it is something else I don't get.

Rumours are that he is unhappy.

Rumours are that he is unhappy.

i don't want to know if he said he's never going back again. but really it's secand hand news, you're just part of the chain yet you think you go your own way.

we have our dreams for NUFCbut these stories don't stop somehow.