So......where is Enrique?

Zero

Enrique must be injured, or at least I hope so.

If he goes in the summer, it's yet another failure from Keegan. I've been impressed by him this season and honestly saw him as our long-term left-back.

Definitely on the wind-up like. That was the worst one yet.

I know you get all these daft rumours flying round from a bloke who knows a bloke but....I have heard that Enrique simply doesnt want to be here and wants to get back to Spain asap.

I know you get all these daft rumours flying round from a bloke who knows a bloke but....I have heard that Enrique simply doesnt want to be here and wants to get back to Spain asap.

wouldn't be suprised, he probably just wants to get his career back on track asap. Seems like a fairly honest pro and has gone from being a spanish squad contender to 'unknown whereabouts' in 6 months and generally been treating lousily by all and sundry since he arrived here so who can blame him?

You have to wonder though why both BSA and now KK refuse to play the lad. Is it his ability, his fitness, attitude?

I think it may be all three.

When we gonna learn with these Spaniards?  :nope:

Only at NUFC could fans decide a young left back from foreign shores isn't good enough after a dozen games, if that.

nah, Man Utd fans did that after 45 mins with one of theirs. he's since gone on to be the best full-back in the league.

the weird thing is Enrique looked alright when he played and seemed to be quite comfortable with the physical side of the english game.

Only at NUFC could fans decide a young left back from foreign shores isn't good enough after a dozen games, if that.

nah, Man Utd fans did that after 45 mins with one of theirs. he's since gone on to be the best full-back in the league.

the weird thing is Enrique looked alright when he played and seemed to be quite comfortable with the physical side of the english game.

Did they though, or was it a few daft buggers from here, there and everywhere who'd never so much as seen Old Trafford?

Did they though, or was it a few daft buggers from here, there and everywhere who'd never so much as seen Old Trafford?

It was on that Redcafe, which I've read is full of wankers anyway. Still, makes us look patient. :lol:

dunno, probably the equivalent lot amongst our fans writing off Enrique if anything tho. seems to me more are just perplexed rather than writing him off, since what he's shown hasn't been terrible like some of the others.

dunno, probably the equivalent lot amongst our fans writing off Enrique if anything tho. seems to me more are just perplexed rather than writing him off, since what he's shown hasn't been terrible like some of the others.

Fair enough. I still feel that a good few posters who I would expect to be more level headed have been overly critical. I don't give two fucks if he's misplaced a couple of passes since he arrived, big deal. I've seen nothing of him that suggests he can't be a very competent Premiership left back (let's face it, the competition's hardly brilliant for a start). That's not the same as saying he will be, but I wouldn't expect much more from a kid in a new country than what we've seen so far.

A run of games would do him wonders. I don't think he'll get them either fwiw. Another foreign NUFC success - and it'll be all his fault as per.

Regardless of what people think of him for the future, he's been much better than N'Zogbia and Carr (which right now is all that he's up against and should therefore be judged against), and anyone who says different is kinda mental iyam.

I think it's just a case of Keegan not being able to make up his mind picking between Zog, Duff, and Milner. So he just says to himself:

"hey, I'm Kevin Keegan, I like attacking fullbacks. f*** it I'll have Zog at LB. Problem solved."

The sooner he takes a long hard look at things and realizes that unfortunately, he's going to have to drop one of the three decent players in our squad, the better. Enrique has looked good every time he's played and he's got bags of potential. But at this rate, he's going to f*** off back to Spain for less than half the money we payed for him.

Why would he have to drop a decent player? ???

Because he has to drop one of Duff, Milner, and Zog?

Not the most difficult of decisions. :lol:

seems pretty hard to me   :rolleyes:

Put it this way: I'd give Duff away for nothing tomorrow if there was a club stupid enough to take him.

I think Duffs been pretty much our only half decent player during these times.  Actually trying to do something.

I think it's just a case of Keegan not being able to make up his mind picking between Zog, Duff, and Milner. So he just says to himself:

"hey, I'm Kevin Keegan, I like attacking fullbacks. f*** it I'll have Zog at LB. Problem solved."

The sooner he takes a long hard look at things and realizes that unfortunately, he's going to have to drop one of the three decent players in our squad, the better. Enrique has looked good every time he's played and he's got bags of potential. But at this rate, he's going to f*** off back to Spain for less than half the money we payed for him.

Why would he have to drop a decent player? ???

Because he has to drop one of Duff, Milner, and Zog?

Not the most difficult of decisions. :lol:

seems pretty hard to me  :rolleyes:

Put it this way: I'd give Duff away for nothing tomorrow if there was a club stupid enough to take him.

I think Duffs been pretty much our only half decent player during these times.  Actually trying to do something.

He has the advantage of being a very busy-looking player, in that he moves in a very spritely fashion while really not being likely to create much.

As bad as the rest of them in recent weeks.

It sounds like the most probable reason but if it's true you would expect the press to have got hold of it by now.

Guest toonlass

It sounds like the most probable reason but if it's true you would expect the press to have got hold of it by now.

Now its been said on here Anal Oliver will have it as an exclusive on the back of tomorrow's Ronnie Gill, with talks of him being replaced by a decent left back being "wide of the mark"!

I thought I noticed something about Duff on Saturday.

At Chelsea, after a couple of shoulder injuries, he went to martial arts classes in an attempt to learn how to land more softly and hopefully prevent more shoulder injuries.

Well on Saturday, he would be running pretty swiftly, arms moving and all that, but whenever someone got near him, would reduce his arm movement, and drag his left arm across his body, and such a movement means that if an opponent clatterred into him, he would be able to quickly bend his elbow and roll onto his shoulder rather than land on it. Nothing wrong with trying to avoid injuries, but restricting his arm movement is not going to help him beat his man and get to the byline.

I thought I noticed something about Duff on Saturday.

At Chelsea, after a couple of shoulder injuries, he went to martial arts classes in an attempt to learn how to land more softly and hopefully prevent more shoulder injuries.

Well on Saturday, he would be running pretty swiftly, arms moving and all that, but whenever someone got near him, would reduce his arm movement, and drag his left arm across his body, and such a movement means that if an opponent clatterred into him, he would be able to quickly bend his elbow and roll onto his shoulder rather than land on it. Nothing wrong with trying to avoid injuries, but restricting his arm movement is not going to help him beat his man and get to the byline.

Classic. :lol:

The most frustrating thing about this whole situation is that it means that N'Zogbia is being played at LB, seen as second choice to Duff, which is only going to increase his resolve to disappear to a good team in the summer. We always seem to pick players on reputation, not form. Duff has not had any hint of form since he signed for us, Zoggy has been immense this season. It seems so simple to anybody with a brain cell or two therefore he plays ahead of Duff. But not at Newcastle, where Alan "he was great at Leeds" Smith, Michael "He used to be mint" Owen, Nicky "He's won things with United" Butt and Joey "the real star for City" all feature on a weekly basis. If KK started picking players on form I think he might be pleasantly surprised.

Guest Sniffer

The most frustrating thing about this whole situation is that it means that N'Zogbia is being played at LB, seen as second choice to Duff, which is only going to increase his resolve to disappear to a good team in the summer. We always seem to pick players on reputation, not form. Duff has not had any hint of form since he signed for us, Zoggy has been immense this season. It seems so simple to anybody with a brain cell or two therefore he plays ahead of Duff. But not at Newcastle, where Alan "he was great at Leeds" Smith, Michael "He used to be mint" Owen, Nicky "He's won things with United" Butt and Joey "the real star for City" all feature on a weekly basis. If KK started picking players on form I think he might be pleasantly surprised.

You have to be fucking kidding.

How many times do we end up with European players who apparently cannot kick a ball in England without either injuring themselves or entering into a three year depression.

Enrique is another Luque? Another Marcellino? Surely not, there has to be something wrong with the clubs approach and handling?

Why doesn't Enrique have an interpretor/companion/assistant. (We sold Luque and Solano, the only two players that could talk to him I think.)

The trouble is we never really know what is going on, and though they value our financial contribution greatly the club will never think to actually share information like this with us.