So......where is Enrique?

Zero

I think it's just a case of Keegan not being able to make up his mind picking between Zog, Duff, and Milner. So he just says to himself:

"hey, I'm Kevin Keegan, I like attacking fullbacks. f*** it I'll have Zog at LB. Problem solved."

The sooner he takes a long hard look at things and realizes that unfortunately, he's going to have to drop one of the three decent players in our squad, the better. Enrique has looked good every time he's played and he's got bags of potential. But at this rate, he's going to f*** off back to Spain for less than half the money we payed for him.

Why would he have to drop a decent player? ???

Because he has to drop one of Duff, Milner, and Zog?

Not the most difficult of decisions. :lol:

seems pretty hard to me   :rolleyes:

Put it this way: I'd give Duff away for nothing tomorrow if there was a club stupid enough to take him.

Well, good job your name isn't Kevin Keegan then.  :lol:

He's a winger who plays every week and doesn't have one league assist or one league goal to his name. That's how f****** woeful he is.

Duff is almost as big an imposter as Owen.  When Duff came back from his latest injury, some people on here were predicting the earth from him 'return to his Blackburn form' etc.  He's a joke, even the Lesser Spotted Enrique has an assist. 

I sit just in front of the box where the 'non playing' players sit, and Enrique was there yesterday with his official suit on, and his BOOT BAG  ;D He obviously went to the ground expecting to be involved.

Also there were Emre, who looked a total tit with a beaney hat on, Matins, Ramage, Massive Fraser Forster, the 2 young 'uns we signed at the end of January, Troisi and the welcome sight of Tim Krul.

Guest Stephen927

move Duff on the right wing for Milner, Zoggy left wing.

simple.

Duff hasn't shown he can hit a good cross with his left foot, never mind his right foot on the opposite flank.

It would just unbalance our midfield even more, I'd sooner see Geremi on the right wing than Damien Duff.

Love how Enrique's the one that gets the slagging for not being picked and yet looking quality every time he takes the field.

The lazy, foreign, mercenary t***. bluelaugh.gif

i dont think anyone's slagging him, just speculating as to why on earth we dont play him (as you say, despite him looking very good)

Duff has started looking good again give him a f****** break.

Who knows with Enrqie does seem the same thing that happend to Luque? Any one know if hes got an injury?

by 'looking good' you mean his new haircut, i agree.

if you mean in footballing terms, i strongly disagree, he's fucking awful, cant beat a man, has no pace, cant cross. he's a fucking liability.

people slate smith, but he wouldnt be the first in our team i would drop, duff would, because, like it or not, if we actualy got a decent ball into smith, he may just put it away.

duff's a joke. as many have said before, the alarm bells should have gone off when chelsea were willing to let him go for pittance.

While Duff hasn't been great, I don't think he's been helped by the lack of options when he gets the ball. He's generally got two players doubling up on him which in theory means there's space somewhere else but we aren't getting the ball out. This is where the central midfielders are not giving any options.

if you mean in footballing terms, i strongly disagree, he's f****** awful, cant beat a man, has no pace, cant cross. he's a f****** liability.

people slate smith, but he wouldnt be the first in our team i would drop, duff would, because, like it or not, if we actualy got a decent ball into smith, he may just put it away.

duff's a joke. as many have said before, the alarm bells should have gone off when chelsea were willing to let him go for pittance.

That pittance was a third of our transfer spend that year, Roeder wants shot for that.

While Duff hasn't been great, I don't think he's been helped by the lack of options when he gets the ball. He's generally got two players doubling up on him which in theory means there's space somewhere else but we aren't getting the ball out. This is where the central midfielders are not giving any options.

why anyone would 'double up' on duff is beyond me.

if it was possible to put half a man on a player, if i was a manager, i would take up that option when playing against a team that had duff in it.

if you mean in footballing terms, i strongly disagree, he's f****** awful, cant beat a man, has no pace, cant cross. he's a f****** liability.

That pittance was a third of our transfer spend that year, Roeder wants shot for that.

im sure you'll agree that for the rep duff had at the time you could consider it a pittance though eh?

looks a fucking fortune now

If he's not on the bench against Blackburn get a "Where, where, where, where's Jose?" chant on the go.

We could do with a left back playing at left back for a change.

aye, i'd like to see him back in for blackburn.

we need to freshen things up, i'd like to see enrique, geremi (cant believe im saying that) and oba back in at the weekend.

if it was possible to put half a man on a player, if i was a manager, i would take up that option when playing against a team that had duff in it.

It's generally the case though. Most wide players find two players in front of them, Zog usually cuts inside to get round this, Duff usually loses the ball while trying to stay wide. Milner loses it while going wide and cutting inside. On the few occasions he gets behind the defender he checks back to let them catch up which isn't too hard.

It's generally the case though. Most wide players find two players in front of them, Zog usually cuts inside to get round this, Duff usually loses the ball while trying to stay wide. Milner loses it while going wide and cutting inside. On the few occasions he gets behind the defender he checks back to let them catch up which isn't too hard.

ah i know mate, i wasnt saying you were wrong, i was just stressing how shite i think duff is

I'd play Geremi in midfield in place of Butt. I know people love to slag Geremi off but I didn't think he did all too badly in the centre of midfield earlier in the season.

It's weird with Geremi.

When we played him in Centre Midfield, he was shit but as a team, we played quite well. As soon as we dropped him, the team went to the shits.

I'd play Geremi in midfield in place of Butt. I know people love to slag Geremi off but I didn't think he did all too badly in the centre of midfield earlier in the season.

I've always thought that was his best position.

I agree with you mate. I was actually about to start a topic about Geremi - in fact I still will -because when he was getting slagged I stuck up for him with one or two others. Not sure about where he'd best be utilised though.

I think one of the biggest problems Geremi had was being Allardyces captain.  He'd obviously told Geremi to take every free kick, every throw (which always had to be long throws) and every corner.  Which people got very sick of very fast.

I think one of the biggest problems Geremi had was being Allardyces captain.  He'd obviously told Geremi to take every free kick, every throw (which always had to be long throws) and every corner.  Which people got very sick of very fast.

That's a good point.

Guest StJames

I think it's just a case of Keegan not being able to make up his mind picking between Zog, Duff, and Milner. So he just says to himself:

"hey, I'm Kevin Keegan, I like attacking fullbacks. f*** it I'll have Zog at LB. Problem solved."

The sooner he takes a long hard look at things and realizes that unfortunately, he's going to have to drop one of the three decent players in our squad, the better. Enrique has looked good every time he's played and he's got bags of potential. But at this rate, he's going to f*** off back to Spain for less than half the money we payed for him.

Why would he have to drop a decent player? ???

Because he has to drop one of Duff, Milner, and Zog?

Easy - Drop Nzogbia. In fact sell him!