Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

So what sort of deal can be struck out of the transfer window?

Just we'll promise them 12 mil they say aye then how would we be certain of the transfer coming in the summer?

Contracts can all be signed and agreed. The player just cant be transferred until the the window opens.

So what sort of deal can be struck out of the transfer window?

Just we'll promise them 12 mil they say aye then how would we be certain of the transfer coming in the summer?

Contracts can all be signed and agreed. The player just cant be transferred until the the window opens.

Coolio sign him up

Looks what we've been lacking in that position.

Get rid of Ameobi, Viduka, Smith and Keep Owen, Martins, Carrol possibly another striker

We have been crying for a striker of this type since Big Al left...maybe even before.

Pace, Strength, etc.  Hopefully he can continue to grow and build upon what hes already improved on.  Love the comment earlier about Adebayor's development, would love to see this to this guy if we could sign him.

Kevin Keegan is ready to swoop for the new Didier Drogba - powerful St Etienne hitman Bafetimbi Gomis - in a stunning £12million splash for Newcastle United.

Keegan is due to fly to France this weekend to give his final blessing to the move, set up by the new Toon spying team. St Etienne have already said no to a £7m offer from Bolton.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/2008/02/29/kev-s-baf-time-89520-20335457/

£12million seems like alot, he any good like?

Seems a lot of money for a player you dont know if he is good or not. THE NEXT FOOKING DROGBA MAN!!!! £12 million is a steal, a bargain, deal of the fooking century.

But really is he any good

O0

They play Nice on Sunday night. Rather disturbed they have an "ASSE Kids club" on the homepage!

Brings me back to the "Nice - ASSE" poster I got when I was in St-Etienne. :lol:

Gomis wasn't at St-Etienne when I was there so haven't really seen much of him except what's on Setanta. Does look in the Drogba/Adebayor mould though whenever I've seen him.

A regurgetated story from tonights Ronny gill but it shows we are still after him even though its from Anal Olivers pen.

NEWCASTLE United are on the trail of the man hailed as the new Didier Drogba.

The Chronicle can reveal that the high-powered United duo of Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez travelled to France last weekend to run the rule over St Etienne’s 22-year-old striker Bafetimbi Gomis.

And United were back in France on Thursday night for the UEFA Cup tie between Marseille and Zenit St Petersburg, when the targets were home midfielder Samir Nasri and striker Djibril Cisse.

Gomis is attracting a lot of attention at the moment, with Arsenal and Rangers also looking at the French Under-17 international, who is of Senegalese descent.

Messrs Wise and Jimenez saw Gomis have a rather poor game by his own standards in the goalless draw with Nice – he was eventually substituted after 73 minutes.

However, if United decide to throw their hat into the ring, it’s likely they will face competition for his signature from other top clubs.

And United supporters will be happy that the new scouting supremos are not letting the grass grow under their feet and are already on the look-out for some much-needed new blood for next season.

It was the turn of United chief scout Steve Walsh to head for France on Thursday night, and he saw United’s old European foes Marseille beat Zenit St Petersburg 3-1 at the Stade Velodrome in the UEFA Cup last-16 first leg.

Their top target was Marseille’s local-born attacking midfielder Samir Nasri, who is of Algerian origin.

But Walsh will have noted that former Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse (pictured) scored two of the Marseille goals.

The hit man, who started his career with Auxerre, is still only 26 and would like a return to the Premier League.

Meanwhile, United boss Kevin Keegan and coach Terry McDermott took in Rangers’ 2-0 UEFA Cup win over Werder Bremen on Thursday night.

The pair are believed to have watched Gers’ 26-year-old Spanish centre-half Carlos Cuellar, who signed from Osasuna last summer.

It’s the second time in a matter of weeks that McDermott has been in Scotland, after watching Celtic’s Aiden McGeady and Scott Brown in their Champions League defeat to Barcelona.

Nasri would be a good sigining, Zindane in waiting is the hype.

If true I am guessing Wise & Jimenez will be at Velodrome the morra as Marseille play St Etienne. Then again they could just watch the game on Setanta.

We'll never ever ever get Nasri, pointless trying to link us to him.

I know it's only Wikipedia but that states St Etienne are only after £3.3m for Gomis, so why are we supposedly offering almost 4 times that?

Oh and more quality journalism from Oliver - how can a 22 year old be a France u-17 international?

I hope KK and McD noticed that massive Naldo guy playing for Bremen, he looks like a beast at the back. Diego didn't have that good a game but showed glimpses of good stuff. Cuellar is a decent player.

Got to admit I'm happy we're (apparently) looking at these sorts of player, they'd all improve the squad (not that it would take much to do that). Of course theres no point getting too excited because if we're playing in the Championship next season I can't see any of them taking up the opportunity to join us.

rubbish.  he's good but he's not a bloody kaka.

How is that rubbish? There are no doubt far better clubs that would like him. What can we offer him right now that they can't?

When he leaves L'OM it'll be to a better club than us, I can guarantee it.

How is that rubbish? There are no doubt far better clubs that would like him. What can we offer him right now that they can't?

Marseille are flying at the moment too.

ok, let's give up, then.

Marseille are flying at the moment too.

Exactly. To get him to leave them in the first place would be very difficult, to get him to come here over Arsenal etc would be pretty much impossible.

Still, if it happens, I'll eat my proverbial hat and send the regurgitated mess to Dinho's house.

I know it's only Wikipedia but that states St Etienne are only after £3.3m for Gomis, so why are we supposedly offering almost 4 times that?

Oh and more quality journalism from Oliver - how can a 22 year old be a France u-17 international?

Part 1: You know the answer so why ask the question.

Part 2: Because he did play for France U 17 team.

Part 1: I know, just think it looks strange.

Part 2: Just saying "former France U-17 international" would have looked better, I know he did play for the French U-17s.

Part 2: Just saying "former France U-17 international" would have looked better, I know he did play for the French U-17s.

Part 1: Its wikipedia.

Part 2: Its Anal Oliver.

Part 1: No shit

Part 2: No shit

I apologise for noting the aforementioned.

Part 1: No shit

Part 2: No shit

I apologise for noting the aforementioned.

Part 1: Then why ask?

Part 2: Then why ask?