Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Guest MaetihS

gomis too big for us? What a joke!

Low door frames at the training ground, I hear.

nah, bobby said we had the best door frames in the league

he meant goal posts. you know what he was like

It was a few years ago now though.

We may have bigger door frames than most clubs, but other clubs have better door handles these days. Its a catch up scenario for us again I'm afraid

Spot on. My wife was saying if the Arsenal or even Spurs are rumoured to be interested in him, he will make noises to force the club to accept the move. As for us, he is just not interested. He has a reputation of being a confident and sometimes quite difficult character. To deviate slightly, my wife's words did make me wonder on the rumoured Turan and Dunne moves, if we are considered attractive propositions, am sure the transfers would have gathered paced substantially with the players expressing their wishes to move to the clubs. As like my missus say, we are both supporting clubs of dwindling reputations.

We may have bigger door frames than most clubs, but other clubs have better door handles these days. Its a catch up scenario for us again I'm afraid

Spot on. My wife was saying if the Arsenal or even Spurs are rumoured to be interested in him, he will make noises to force the club to accept the move. As for us, he is just not interested. He has a reputation of being a confident and sometimes quite difficult character. To deviate slightly, my wife's words did make me wonder on the rumoured Turan and Dunne moves, if we are considered attractive propositions, am sure the transfers would have gathered paced substantially with the players expressing their wishes to move to the clubs. As like my missus say, we are both supporting clubs of dwindling reputations.

why don't you bugger off and let your Mrs on to the forum ?

Guest icemanblue

Damn! Beat me to it!

Guest MaetihS

Just conveying messages and news fom France. No need to get upset. Its an ugly truth that we have to accept that in France and many other European leagues, players consider us to be on par or even worse off than PSG. We are not that famous.

Some world class WUMS on here.

All this talk and yet we managed to get one of the best defenders in France to our club last summer.

We'll see what the situation is like come the end of the summer.

Guest MaetihS

Just conveying messages and news fom France. No need to get upset. Its an ugly truth that we have to accept that in France and many other European leagues, players consider us to be on par or even worse off than PSG. We are not that famous.

There is even a football talkshow in France where so-called experts talk about rumours and football matches. Sums up: one pundit laughed (rougly translated)," Newcastle? Who is that? Better to stay in France. Gomis is for the biggger clubs... Diane can go to that small English club." on reports that Gomis is comtemplating a move to England and specifically us.

:-)

Guest MaetihS

All this talk and yet we managed to get one of the best defenders in France to our club last summer.

Who?? If you are talking about Beye or Cacapa, like i mentioned in the summer, these are players on the decline and fans cannot wait to see the back of them. Beye has however pleased me and proved me wrong. I am just feedbacking from France.

Who?? If you are talking about Beye or Cacapa, like i mentioned in the summer, these are players on the decline and fans cannot wait to see the back of them. Beye has however pleased me and proved me wrong. I am just feedbacking from France.

I was of the understanding that there was a bit of an uproar about the way Beye was treated by Marseille, I thought the fans were pissed that he left.

Bollocks about Beye. Know a lad from Marsielle, he was absolutely gutted that he left, as was pretty much any Marsielle-fan with half a bran.

Guest MaetihS

I was of the understanding that there was a bit of an uproar about the way Beye was treated by Marseille, I thought the fans were pissed that he left.

Yes that there are some displeasure by some players....who trickled to the fans. Overall, most fans are not that bothered he left. Any french fan will tell you that Cacapa and Beye are decent players but not that good to be considered star players. In fact, they are on a decline. I have lived in France more than half my time per year so I know what i am talking about and pretty confident that i know more than most about French football.

ha ha ha ha

Oh so now people are claiming Beye was no good and that is why we were able to get him?

Wow!

Judging from his performance this season I would say that that is rubbish.

Lots of people taking shots at Newcastle right now and I am very confident that they will pay for this when the season kicks off. If this Gomis guy is really this arrogant then he can quite frankly piss off. He is a nobody right now and has achieved nothing yet in his career. All he has done is score some goals for freakin' St. Etienne.

I can't wait for next season. I will love it, absolutely love it when we finish higher than freakin' Spurs and the likes.

Guest MaetihS

ha ha ha ha

Oh so now people are claiming Beye was no good and that is why we were able to get him?

Wow!

Lots of people taking shots at Newcastle right now and I am very confident that they will pay for this when the season kicks off. If this Gomis guy is really this arrogant then he can quite frankly piss off. He is a nobody right now and has achieved nothing yet in his career. All he has done is score some goals for freakin' St. Etienne.

I can't wait for next season. I will love it, absolutely love it when we finish higher than freakin' Spurs and the likes.

read my post carefully. I did say that he prove me wrong. It is a fact that no one significant and most likely no one was interested in him but us because of his age and also, he  is an average player. That is why last summer, i posted that if we are in for him, we almost 100% to get him and i was disappointed. He is actually part of Marseille's most criticised defence in recent years in tandem with their underperformance. He was also rotated to CB just to find the right position for him and his defence partners amid a very fragile defence. But i have since said i was impressed.

talking shit tbh

ha ha ha ha

Wow!

read my post carefully. I did say that he prove me wrong. It is a fact that no one significant and most likely no one was interested in him but us because of his age and also, he  is an average player. That is why last summer, i posted that if we are in for him, we almost 100% to get him and i was disappointed. He is actually part of Marseille's most criticised defence in recent years in tandem with their underperformance. He was also rotated to CB just to find the right position for him and his defence partners amid a very fragile defence. But i have since said i was impressed.

Without meaning to sidetrack too much from this thread, Beye is far from an average player. Up there with the best right backs in the league this season.

ha ha ha ha

Wow!

Without meaning to sidetrack too much from this thread, Beye is far from an average player. Up there with the best right backs in the league this season.

That's not what he's saying. He's saying that despite the fact that all of their fans not wanting to sell him, they actually thought he was rubbish.

It's nonsense whichever way you look at it (especially as he rates David Weir)

It's nonsense whichever way you look at it (especially as he rates David Weir)

Apart from Woodgate, Weir for Everton was a better player than anyone we had at centre half.

Not a massive endorsment though is it?

I do think why Beye is sold is because France has a strong tradition of blooding youngsters. Those who aged 28 or above are likely to be sold or offered a short term contract,

and only those established internationals like Barthez will be managed to get a retirement like contract.

This also applies to Holland. Lots of youngsters getting chance to play, and they will sell them for a large sum of money. That's how the club runs, and players like Beye will prevent them from providing space for youngsters. Thus it is a lot easier to buy established players in France like Beye rather than rising stars like Gomis.