Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

The french performances as a whole haven't done us any harm at all if we are interested in this kid.

I'd still chance it personally but try to pay more of the transfer fee based upon performances and european qualification etc.

He has the physical attributes to make it in the EPL, I'm just now sure he has the awareness/intelligence.

Probably a good thing that he's having a shite tournament, if we're genuinely after him. Got to remember that he's barely played for the national team prior to this; he could well be overwhelmed by the situation. It happens.

From what i've seen of him before the tournament, which is only a series of clips, he's looked a class above.

Should we be willing to pay 15 to 16 million for him though? I doubt very much we will get him for the reported 10 million.

He's probably not worth that anyway; but then neither was Bent, Smith, Jones, Shevchenko - the list goes on. He's hot property, and his club desperately don't want to sell him (unless they can recoup big money). It's the way it is - if we want him then we'll have to pay big. Whether we should or not is all relative depending on how much we want him.

Should we be willing to pay 15 to 16 million for him though? I doubt very much we will get him for the reported 10 million.

He's probably not worth that anyway; but then neither was Bent, Smith, Jones, Shevchenko - the list goes on. He's hot property, and his club desperately don't want to sell him (unless they can recoup big money). It's the way it is - if we want him then we'll have to pay big. Whether we should or not is all relative depending on how much we want him.

Its the way the games gone, but its as much need him as it is want him..

Shevchenko surely was? It's only hindsight which says he wasn't.

Aye i suppose. I'd still say it was arguable though, given what his age was. What did he go for - £34m or something, at 30 years old? Debateable, but you could be right.

There's plenty of other centre-forwards out there like.

Aye i suppose. I'd still say it was arguable though, given what his age was. What did he go for - £34m or something, at 30 years old? Debateable, but you could be right.

Zidane went for more at the same age.

Ahh sorry, I read your post wrong. I thought you meant he wasn't worth 15 to 16 million. Agreed that he wasn't worth £34m though.

There's plenty of other centre-forwards out there like.

Yup there is but all the strikers we look at are going to be around the same sort of price, its a tough choice to make but its a one we need to make soon or we will see all our targets going elsewhere. We have seen a  lot of clubs target a player and make their move whilst we target a player then set about stalking them for a few months before even making an offer and then the offer is always a low one.

Not much has changed really from Fat Fred's days, KK is not like Big Sam or Roeder he won't piss about killing time wondering about should he or shouldn't he go after a certain player.

Ashley seems to like to take a lot more time and be totally convinced about the player before making an offer, well this is football and there are no guarantees I am afraid.

Guest BigAl2

Because we are linked with him it makes you take more notice, I saw no great movement, first touch wasn't the best, I know it's early in his international career but usually you can see something!

Because we are linked with him it makes you take more notice, I saw no great movement, first touch wasn't the best, I know it's early in his international career but usually you can see something!

Good hair.

Good hair.

Top top strikers have little or no hair.  bluerazz.gif

Based on International games I hope we never end up with s*** like Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney (ok that ones a bit harsh but he isn't anywhere near his club performances imo).

:thup:

People writing him off after less than an hours football in a struggling team.  Great.