Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

The squads not good enough, no where near IMO looking at how other clubs have strengthened.

Pardew isn't our biggest problem here at the moment when he should be after his abysmal performance as manager last season.  We have a transfer policy / structure which time and time again doesn't fill what the team has needed for the last 5 seasons.

Its alreet we are in one less competition this season  :pardsgrin:

The awful thing is that while Shola is scoring goals in pre-season, I honestly believe it means Ashley will be thinking it's not worth spending too much money on another striker.  After all, he gave us Gouffran in January so we should be grateful.

So you believe the Remy and Gomis moves are just fake?

Not fake, but it's why we're penny pinching.  As Neesy said, if we were desperate, we'd have them signed up at all costs.

MA clearly thinks we're not desperate hence why he's trying to be as frugal as possible.  It's a further example of him thinking he understands how football works when he clearly doesn't have a fucking clue.

Fucking hell :lol:  A couple of months away from Pardews constant backwards team selections and tactics and suddenly he's not all that bad a manager after all..  The fucker does his utmost to fuck up any chance we have during a game, uses players in the worst possible way, but the biggest problem now is that Kinnear hasn't signed anyone yet..  Its a problem, but the bigger issue is still our manager.  Lets just wait until the season starts and read some of the match threads after Pardews gone ultra defensive against some nobody side at home to try to claw out a point and see just how much of a problem some of you think he is then.

The squads not good enough, no where near IMO looking at how other clubs have strengthened.

Pardew isn't our biggest problem here at the moment when he should be after his abysmal performance as manager last season.  We have a transfer policy / structure which time and time again doesn't fill what the team has needed for the last 5 seasons.

I'll keep saying this to the cows come home, but most of those signings are very average and are not better than what we have and i wouldn't personally want us signing those players.

Squad is not good enough but i think some are going to be surprised how average some of these players coming in to the league are and people are being blinded by the fact they cost lots.

We still need more yes but if we had a decent manager it wouldn't even be a concern.

Its the small squad combined with the fact there's a moron in charge who doesn't know how to get the most from the squad which is causing the anxiety.

The transfer policy has only paid off once (when we finished 5th) and even then we were short of what we needed. It's faulty and needed to be changed ages ago. Ironically this playing hard ball policy would be much more effective if the squad was kept well stocked with quality in all areas instead of when we desperately need players.

Spot on. Our amazing policy nearly got us relegated ffs. The season before that was a bunch of opportunity buys for available players.

And the squad is nowhere near strong enough. A few injuries decimates it.

We can stick out a decent first XI when everyone is fit but our bench is still well below average.

If you have any ambition you should always be looking to upgrade on your first XI, shift those being replaced to the bench and those currently on the bench out of the club - a continuous cycle of improvement.  We don't follow that whatsoever.

If the manager is s***, surely spending more on the squad becomes even more of a necessity. :lol:

That's what i'm trying to say, obviously not making a very good job of it.

The reason we need signings so desperately is the ineptitude of the manager, if this wasn't the case we would be ok.

As is it we need some signings to cover the managers backside.

By the way we didn't seem to have a problem getting players 'across the line' in January. You know, that time we looked like we might get relegated. When the chips were down and his investment was at serious risk suddenly the finance was there so it's an insult to suggest that we can't afford to do things this summer.

Guest neesy111

So we need to spend more because the manager is shite?  Is some new manager going to get 20+ extra goals out of the same team, highly doubt it.

If the manager is shit, surely spending more on the squad becomes even more of a necessity. :lol:

We're talking about what the bigger problem is, lack of transfers or Pardew.  What you're suggesting is akin to saying that if you have a hole in your pocket then not putting money in faster than it falls out is the biggest problem and not the hole itself.  We need players, lack of transfers is a problem, Pardews still the bigger problem.

By the way we didn't seem to have a problem getting players 'across the line' in January. You know, that time we looked like we might get relegated. When the chips were down and his investment was at serious risk suddenly the finance was there so it's an insult to suggest that we can't afford to do things this summer.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXvyWXWoEGPNQ44dNvPPflJ-MNpIBawMt5qO5LqITMF783XW_FOw

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BALANCE SHEETS?

So we need to spend more because the manager is shite?  Is some new manager going to get 20+ extra goals out of the same team, highly doubt it.

Are you honestly trying to argue Pardew isn't a total and utter fuck up man?, really?  Did you watch the Reading game near the end of the season?, or pretty much any game last season.

Guest Haris Vuckic

If the manager is s***, surely spending more on the squad becomes even more of a necessity. :lol:

We're talking about what the bigger problem is, lack of transfers or Pardew.  What you're suggesting is akin to saying that if you have a hole in your pocket then not putting money in faster than it falls out is the biggest problem and not the hole itself.  We need players, lack of transfers is a problem, Pardews still the bigger problem.

What we really need is JFK to step in.

So we need to spend more because the manager is s****?  Is some new manager going to get 20+ extra goals out of the same team, highly doubt it.

Yes they would.... because a better manager would have the team playing higher up the pitch and closer to goal.

Pardew did it for 6 games and we were scoring consistently, the real issue is how deep the team is and isolated the forwards are from the rest of the team.

You can't score consistently like this unless you have a Drogba type, no matter how many " goalscorers" you have on the pitch.

It's a combination. If you give a limited manager limited recourses then you're asking for it.

When Pardew was asked about what Ashley said to him about the season prospects at the beginning of the last term, he said 'mike said do it all again but with less money'. Quite staggering really.

It's a combination. If you give a limited manager limited recourses then you're asking for it.

When Pardew was asked about what Ashley said to him about the season prospects at the beginning of the last term, he said 'mike said do it all again but with less money'. Quite staggering really.

This, although I think you mean resources.  O0

The squad depth is shockingly poor.  Even Mourinho, Guardiola and Klopp would struggle to get results when following a few injuries, they have to turn to the likes of Obertan, Gosling, Williamson and the Ameobi brothers.

Guest neesy111

Bad/good season etc.  Any team that decides not to buy any new players will immediately go backwards for quite a few reasons.  This is our biggest issue.

Kinnear can go shag some fucking badger as long as I care.  He clearly doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

What we really need is JFK to step in.

No we need to bring in a decent manager (not that I see Kinnear are any worse tactically than Pardew mind).  I'm not sure why the prospect of Kinnear possibly taking over should improve my view on Pardew's abilities.  Makes no sense at all, then again this place is like a mental institution at the moment :lol:  Think I'll take a break from it.

This, although I think you mean resources.  O0

The squad depth is shockingly poor.  Even Mourinho, Guardiola and Klopp would struggle to get results when following a few injuries, they have to turn to the likes of Obertan, Gosling, Williamson and the Ameobi brothers.

How often was he actually forced into that though? i can't count the amount of times Obertan, Ameobi and even Williamson played when there were far better options sitting on the bench.

:thup:

But we'll hopefully get away with it though so it's no bother. Maximising our chances of relative success by getting new players through the door early isn't of much interest to us, especially when we've just spent money on a few players in January. Most clubs naturally want to push on but the squad and league position and cup progression is secondary to insane thriftiness for us as a club. Same as it ever was under Ashley, the sad thing is that I've become used to it.

Guest neesy111

Btw, what good manager would work under the utter shambles we have at the moment as well.

I hate Pardew, but he's the best of a shocking list of managers we could have at the moment.