Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

I wonder if OL originally quote an original price which we met (or were close to) then they come in with the bonuses thing which just bumps the price up ? similar to debuchy last season.

The disagreement has to be between the two clubs really. I can't see Gomis choosing to rot in their reserves for the sake of a couple of grand a week.

Yeah it makes no sense any other way really.  Lyon accepted 3 bids for Gomis last month and he turned down all three.  This time no bid was accepted, the idea that Lyon just decided to turn the bid down because they heard Gomis wanted slightly higher wages than we were going to offer is ludicrous.

Pierre Menes @ PierreMenes 26m

@ BafGomis has confirmed that he was indeed well agreed with Newcastle. This is the OL who wants more than 8m

original french

Pierre Ménès ‏@PierreMenes 28m

@BafGomis vient de me confirmer qu'il s'était bien bel et bien mis d'accord avec Newcastle. C'est l'OL qui veut plus que les 8m

technically against the rules but good luck enforcing it since everybody at all levels does it

no it's not if the club agrees to it, which they may if they think they'll reach agreement over the fee.

Guest icemanblue

technically against the rules but good luck enforcing it since everybody at all levels does it

:sadnod:

It's not against the rules at all, if the player's team has given him permission to talk to the interested club.

Think that's pretty much the norm now with transfer dealings, no point in the clubs negotiating if the player has no desire to join them.

Makes me laugh when people whinge about our players being tapped up.

It's not against the rules at all, if the player's team has given him permission to talk to the interested club.

and the far more common case of talking to the agent of the player you want and getting a reasonable idea of what he wants or letting him know whats on offer at your club (see Gareth Bale and Real Madrid)

Has Gomis been given permission though? i haven't heard anything to suggest he has.

Its just the usual talk to agents and agree with them and then get a deal done as far as i'm aware.

Guest icemanblue

Has Gomis been given permission though? i haven't heard anything to suggest he has.

Its just the usual talk to agents and agree with them and then get a deal done as far as i'm aware.

I'm pretty sure there were reports saying that Lyon had given us permission to speak with the player, like. That's why his reps were due to come over on Monday, until it all fell apart because Pardew is a shitbag.

with OL  saying it's a problem with wages and aren't complaining of tapping up I'd say it's safe to assume he'd been given permission.

Guest bimpy474

Heartbreaking stuff  :'(

No, being as good as married to something like this is heartbreaking.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/funny%20gifs/grand/fsd54.gif

I'm pretty sure there were reports saying that Lyon had given us permission to speak with the player, like. That's why his reps were due to come over on Monday, until it all fell apart because Pardew is a shitbag.

Fair enough, i'm struggling to keep track of all this :lol: