Newcastle 0 - 1 Blackburn Rovers - 01/03/08 - Post match reaction from page 20

James

We got f****** mugged today, and anyone who says different either didn't see the game or is either an absolute mentalist.

Thats all fine and well mate if we were safe from relegation but we're not and we still got no points!

I'm not saying it was a satisfactory result, obviously. I'm referring to the people who think we were shit again today. We clearly weren't.

We need a major break. An OG, a dodgy penalty/offside decision, a huge deflection. I'd almost go as far as to say if we'd won today (as we deserved to) we'd have been safe.

If you believe in luck or that kind of thing then thats 2 games that KK has had where in reality we should have won but things just havent gone our way (Boro & Today). How significant an extra 5 points for us would be as we sit here tonight

We got f****** mugged today, and anyone who says different either didn't see the game or is either an absolute mentalist.

Thats all fine and well mate if we were safe from relegation but we're not and we still got no points!

I'm not saying it was a satisfactory result, obviously. I'm referring to the people who think we were s*** again today. We clearly weren't.

We need a major break. An OG, a dodgy penalty/offside decision, a huge deflection. I'd almost go as far as to say if we'd won today (as we deserved to) we'd have been safe.

We certainly weren't shit but the lack of quality finishing cost us, I really don't see where our next point is coming from. The distinct lack of confidence in all areas is apparent and I just can't see what Keegan et al can do.

Oh aye, today is just about the biggest kick in the balls imaginable. Even when they played well we still lost.

Massively disappointed with Owen, he should have had a hat-trick. Having said that, I'd rather we miss the chances than not create them at all.

Guest nufc_geordie

I'm not saying it was a satisfactory result, obviously. I'm referring to the people who think we were s*** again today. We clearly weren't.

If you believe in luck or that kind of thing then thats 2 games that KK has had where in reality we should have won but things just havent gone our way (Boro & Today). How significant an extra 5 points for us would be as we sit here tonight

With those extra five points you speak of I would almost be confident enough to state that we won't go down such is the quality (or lack of) in the league this season.

:thup:

Viduka in a coma and on a life support is more likely to finish a move off with the corner of his bed than Smith is with 8 legs.

If we see Viduka on a pitch again this season then that is probably the state he'll be in.

With those extra five points you speak of I would almost be confident enough to state that we won't go down such is the quality (or lack of) in the league this season.

I agree. I would be feeling comfortable right now as well. Just shows how important luck can be. If we are shit then so bit it, we get what we deserve but that fucking disallowed goal against boro is going to wrankle for a long time and i think we deserved much more than we got today. Just depends on how much good luck we had earlier in the season and whether it is perhaps evenning itself out

tbf, it was a bit much to ask Zoggy to keep hold of the ball when he was getting wrestled to the ground before Blackburn went up the pitch and scored.

Habib Beye looked well up for the fight! and what the hell was Mark Hughes playing at?

I could see it was our throw from my seat in the Leazes, god knows how the blind cunt linesman didn't see it. Both teams will end up fined for that.

Enrique was as weak as piss for the goal.  Did exactly what you shouldn't do in that situation when you're playing as the defensive cover from an attacking set piece on your own, let him keep running, let him turn inside.

He can't do anything when a striker is breaking through into that much space and all Bentley has to do is pick his spot with 60 yard to aim for.

Guest Novocastrian

Habib Beye looked well up for the fight! and what the hell was Mark Hughes playing at?

Was I the only one to notice that Beye was almost instantly surrounded by Blackburn players. Where were the Toon players backing up a team-mate? Nowhere to be seen. So much for team spirit.

Viduka in a coma and on a life support is more likely to finish a move off with the corner of his bed than Smith is with 8 legs.

mackems.gif God thats hilarious.

Was I the only one to notice that Beye was almost instantly surrounded by Blackburn players. Where were the Toon players backing up a team-mate? Nowhere to be seen. So much for team spirit.

What are you on about mate?  Thats such a terribly thought out comment.  Milner and Tayls were there trying to pull him out.  Our lads know better to get involved in a scuffle...

Beye is a tough bugger. I remember when he was at Marseille he got his teeth kicked out against Bolton and he just got up and played on without much fuss. I would back him against Pederson, TKO rd1. :thup:

Guest Erich von Manstein

It's not like, to be fair.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Just watched it.    :-X

If Michael Owen doesn't get kneecapped by the Tyne Mafia  :knuppel2:, she should not get her paycheck this week.  Plain and simple.

Key moment of the game, for me:  When Nicky Butt came out and Alan Smith was moved back to midfield.  We lost all shape and our attacking never get back on track.  He should never play midfield.  Ever.  Under any circumstance.  HE'S NOT A FUCKING MIDFIELDER.    :rant:

The defense on the goal was horrific.  How there wasn't a defender playing as a central safety back there is damn ridiculous.  But not surprising of course.  :-[

Just watched it.    :-X

If Michael Owen doesn't get kneecapped by the Tyne Mafia  :knuppel2:, she should not get her paycheck this week.  Plain and simple.

Key moment of the game, for me:  When Nicky Butt came out and Alan Smith was moved back to midfield.  We lost all shape and our attacking never get back on track.  He should never play midfield.  Ever.  Under any circumstance.  HE'S NOT A f****** MIDFIELDER.    :rant:

The defense on the goal was horrific.  How there wasn't a defender playing as a central safety back there is damn ridiculous.  But not surprising of course.   :-[

Smith in not a f****** footballer.

What are you on about mate?  Thats such a terribly thought out comment.  Milner and Tayls were there trying to pull him out.  Our lads know better to get involved in a scuffle...

Personally i'd rather we went down fighting...

Personally i'd rather we went down fighting...

butt was in there off the bench, was just a solid 15 man hug really