Today's other games

Guest kingdawson

Made me laugh when Keys said how Henry and Gudjohnsen are going to be glued to the tele for the game. Barca are kicking off at the same time!

Cheers for the heads-up, might watch that instead.

Dave, I believe a 24-hour ban for Brummie is in order. :thup:

I'm still in a state of shock.

I did warn you all that this might very well happen at the start of this week, but I can not believe how meek we were today.

We were s**** from start to finish. Small squad, didn't take the opportunity to strengthen properly in the summer and january, and now we're paying the price.

f****** abysmal. I can't believe we lost at home to Sunderland.

S**t result Brummie. Hope you don't do likewise against other relegation contenders though.

Dave, I believe a 24-hour ban for Brummie is in order. :thup:

I'm still in a state of shock.

I did warn you all that this might very well happen at the start of this week, but I can not believe how meek we were today.

We were s**** from start to finish. Small squad, didn't take the opportunity to strengthen properly in the summer and january, and now we're paying the price.

f****** abysmal. I can't believe we lost at home to Sunderland.

Probably the wake-up call that Villa need though, this season atleast.

Fingers crossed like. :(

Fucking hell Benitez sounds like he is about to lose the plot and go on a mass murdering spree.

Just heard him say "Javier didnt say anything to the ref. Alons was right there and knew he didnt".

Who is he trying to kid. Doesnt he realise its more so the fact that the idiot came 20 yards or to speak to the ref.

Almost the equivalent of Grants "I didnt see the Cole incident" on wednesday night

I thought the red card was bs. Sure he was stupid to be mouthing off but Kaka has a point about big games = temperatures raised, and there's no doubt the ref overreacted as well. I wanted to watch a nice competitive football game but the red card ruined it imo.

And just as I speak, the title race may still be alive :D Come on Arsenal!

I thought the red card was bs. Sure he was stupid to be mouthing off but Kaka has a point about big games = temperatures raised, and there's no doubt the ref overreacted as well. I wanted to watch a nice competitive football game but the red card ruined it imo.

Why is it always the refs fault and not the players fault for ruining games? The ref cant treat the game differently just because its part of Grand Sunday or whatever Sky are calling it. Notice Alonso didnt make much effort to stop him reaching the ref.

Chelsea would never have conceded that goal under Jose. Basics... put a man on each post... how many times do we see this happen

Why is it always the refs fault and not the players fault for ruining games? The ref cant treat the game differently just because its part of Grand Sunday or whatever Sky are calling it. Notice Alonso didnt make much effort to stop him reaching the ref.

Chelsea would never have conceded that goal under Jose. Basics... put a man on each post... how many times do we see this happen

Every player mouthes off though. Maybe I should have made that point explicit. In any game, I'd just like to see referees have a little bit of caution and not for them to be dishing out cards willy-nilly in general.

Notice the way Clattenberg handled Eboue mouthing off, and he was also on a yellow card as well. The ref just gave him a talking and a warning and Eboue hasn't opened his gob since. That, I thought, was very good and calm refereeing, as opposed to Bennett just wanting to give out yellows (like the ridiculous one to Torres).

Guest Southern Geordie

haha.. hope it stays 1-1, got the draw in one of my accumulators and also got some money on 1-1.. Would win 60 quid off 10 pounds if it finishes 1-1.

Every player mouthes off though. Maybe I should have made that point explicit. In any game, I'd just like to see referees have a little bit of caution and not for them to be dishing out cards willy-nilly in general.

Notice the way Clattenberg handled Eboue mouthing off, and he was also on a yellow card as well. The ref just gave him a talking and a warning and Eboue hasn't opened his gob since. That, I thought, was very good and calm refereeing, as opposed to Bennett just wanting to give out yellows (like the ridiculous one to Torres).

I agree entirely that all players mouth off but after what happened in mid-week, it is now very high profile.

Not watching the Chelsea game so havent seen the Eboue incident but again, I would agree, in that Clattenbergs handling sounds much better. However, will this stop Eboue or Arsenal continuing to do this in the future? What mid-week showed us is that this really needs to be nipped in the bud. Bennetts handling is more likely to make things happen than Clattenburgs. Give a footballer an inch and he will take a mile. If there is a major incident in the Chelsea game later, you can guarantee Eboue will be there in the ref's face

I was disgusted with Cole's attitude on Wednesday and if it takes a couple of sendings off like today to make sure I dont see it again then I think thats great.

a bit random...but you all notice players these days put loads of tape on their socks?

arsenal wear red socks...adebayor has enough tape to make it look like they are wearing white socks.  I remember Roz was the same way, I saw him and thought he had trhe wrong socks on one time...

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

No worries Riise coming on for Torres

mackems.gif

Benitez using attacking tactics as usual I see. Ah, the tactical genius that is Rafael benitez. You have to laugh tbh.

Eh? They were three nil down with ten minutes to go and Torres was on a yellow card.

Sorry wasn't referring to just that. Meant also the fact that he went with a defensive team, kept Kuyt on, left crouch on the bench, took off Babel for Benayoun, who din't do much etc. etc.