Anyone getting proper scared now??

Guest GLENEAGLE

anyone who still thinks we are too good to go down needs their fucking heads checking.

losing to 89th minute goals at home is the sort of shit that happens to relegated sides.

we are not good enough. end of story.

as much as it pains me to say it I think we actually deserve to go down. all of the other teams have a bit of fight about them. we have nowt to offer.

Not worried due to the fixture list for Bolton and Wigan being very, very un-kind to them.

everyone plays the same teams its hardly unkind

Not worried due to the fixture list for Bolton and Wigan being very, very un-kind to them.

Those teams are scrapping for their lives and picking up points. I don't know who they're playing but teams like Tottenham  who have nowt to play for might just hand them the points.

Will be fun starting a game with our side in the Championship in FM next season.

I told you we shouldn't have sacked Sam and change was the last thing we needed. Gay. :(

How f****** deluded are you?

The state we are in at the moment we won`t last too long in the Championship either.  Every Ipswich game I have been to both sides have played better than what I have seen of NUFC this season.

We played poorly against Blackburn did we?

Those teams are scrapping for their lives and picking up points. I don't know who they're playing but teams like Tottenham  who have nowt to play for might just hand them the points.

We're also playing Spurs though...

The state we are in at the moment we won`t last too long in the Championship either.  Every Ipswich game I have been to both sides have played better than what I have seen of NUFC this season.

We played poorly against Blackburn did we?

We're also playing Spurs though...

But we'll be playing pretty football without goals, and will allow Spurs players the freedom to play as well. I'm not trying to be negative, but I really don't think we have the right mentality for a relegation scrap while Wigan, Bolton and Birmingham do.

Out of interest, can anyone recall at which point last season West Ham started to win games, keeping them up?

Just wondering, like.

When Carlos Tevez turned it on and carried them into the safety zone.

We dont have a player of Tevez's calibre, just players with frustratingly big reputations who are pretty shit.

Out of interest, can anyone recall at which point last season West Ham started to win games, keeping them up?

Just wondering, like.

When Carlos Tevez turned it on and carried them into the safety zone.

We dont have a player of Tevez's calibre, just players with frustratingly big reputations who are pretty s***.

You mean to say Smith isn't going to go on a scoring streak? I'm stunned.

Guest mobiius

is there anything we can do as fans to take this into our own hands?

i mean we can't just sit idling by and watch the club go down, or even come close to getting relegated!!

a good start would be not walking out in  droves, staying to the final whistle, then cheering the team whether they win,draw or lose. The last thing the team needs is the sight of thousands of their own fans deserting them just when they need them to give that extra push.Yes we are in a very shitty position but so are the teams below us. Anyone who thinks we played shit yesterday needs their napper looked at. fried-eel had a blinder in goal and he pulled of some world class saves.There was more chances created yesterday than nearly all season. Will we go down, will we fuck. will we come close probably. imho the problem is confidence and we as fans have got to  take some of the blame instead of sitting on our high horses slating the team when they need us behind them. i would rather go down knowing i had cheered them on to the last kick of the ball.

Terrified.

How many points have we won this year? 2 isn't it? It boils my piss when I think of that win over Middlesbrough the incompetent officials robbed us of. That could have made all the difference to the teams confidence. If nothing else we would have been 2 points better off. Decisions do not even themselves out.

Strangely, the two Mackems I know don't think we will go down. I wish I had their confidence.

I'm glad Owen is confident he is going to start scoring goals again. He can start with winning goals against Liverpool.

Now we are now of the edge of the abyss the players will have to face up to the very real possibility of relegation. Why Shearer came out with that 'too good to go down' quote last week I'll never know. Let's just tempt fate by dangling our bollocks in a crocodiles mouth why don't we?

Guest Saint Andy

we'll be alright, if you look at the team they are playing a lot better than I've seen in ages. that will translate into results. I can't see some of the lower teams picking up too much. there's only one relegation place left anyway imo.

Guest Brewcastle

Not scared yet. -But if we do not beat Fulham at SJP in 3 weeks, then I get scared.

But it won't happen. The team have started to create chances, and soon the goals will come.

Guest Phil K

Terrified.

What makes it worse is a manager (and a high minority of fans) who can't see WHY we are in this mess.

It's like someone hitting themselves on the head with a hammer and wondering why they're getting a headache.

Guest Brewcastle

Terrified.

What makes it worse is a manager (and a high minority of fans) who can't see WHY we are in this mess.

It's like someone hitting themselves on the head with a hammer and wondering why they're getting a headache.

And why are we in this mess?

IMO it's because of bad individual performances on the pitch.

Although I'm against KK's appointment, I am not that worried now. He shows that  we could do something, but just lack of luck, and probably several faults in selection. I do think we can survive---if there is no more troubles broke out. Keep the formation, drop Smith and Barton and play N'Zogbia and Martins, inject Lua Lua and Carroll to make a differnce and we should be able to survive.

Terrified.

And why are we in this mess?

IMO it's because of bad individual performances on the pitch.

I wouldn't mind seeing that one answered.

Guest Knightrider

While I'm not ignoring the very real threat that does exist I am not scared. Far from it. I made my mind up a few weeks back that should the club get relegated, I'll view it like a one step back on our way to making 2 steps forward. An obvious setback, but one that won't derail our primary longterm goals. I could even list a good number of positives that relegation would bring, but I'll not. One thing is for sure, if we go down, Newcastle United would still invoke in me an overpowering urge to keep on keeping on as one of our Fanzine's like to remind us. And rightly so. However, we won't be going down. We will stay up.

play like we did yeaterday for the remainder of the season and we wont go down

on the other hand that was possibly about the best we've played in the last 18months and who is too say we'll get one more performance like that before the end of the season let alone several.

Guest mobiius

play like we did yeaterday for the remainder of the season and we wont go down

on the other hand that was possibly about the best we've played in the last 18months and who is too say we'll get one more performance like that before the end of the season let alone several.

i would love to think the answer to that one is KK. hopefully they are losing all of BSA mentality and they are starting to think KK's way we will know at anfield. Whilst i do not expect to get anything at all i hope we get the same commitment out of the whole team as we did yesterday and you never know.sod's law for a favourite son to return and do the damage, imo there is no more of a fitting place for mickey owen to start scoring.

Where the league matches fall in relation to the Uefa cup games might well have a significant bearing on how Spurs' results go(assuming of course that we get past PSV)..  I can also envisage them playing noticeably worse away compared to performances at home.  Newcastle, Boro and Bolton are at WHL, we've still to meet Wigan and Reading away.  FWIW, I've just gone through the BBC predictor again and my bottom 3 are still Derby, Fulham and Bolton, Newcastle come 16th, a point ahead of Wigan and 4 pts ahead of the drop zone.  I've always said I can't see Newcastle going down because there are too many poor teams at the bottom.  KK & Co will have the summer to start putting things right.  I seem to be a lot more positive than quite a few here.

Where the league matches fall in relation to the Uefa cup games might well have a significant bearing on how Spurs' results go(assuming of course that we get past PSV)..  I can also envisage them playing noticeably worse away compared to performances at home.  Newcastle, Boro and Bolton are at WHL, we've still to meet Wigan and Reading away.  FWIW, I've just gone through the BBC predictor again and my bottom 3 are still Derby, Fulham and Bolton, Newcastle come 16th, a point ahead of Wigan and 4 pts ahead of the drop zone.  I've always said I can't see Newcastle going down because there are too many poor teams at the bottom.  KK & Co will have the summer to start putting things right.  I seem to be a lot more positive than quite a few here.

After Readings win on Saturday and assuming Fulham and Derby are gone, we are the poorest of the poor at the bottom