No one deserves our support more than the bloke who brought you these...

Guest Knightrider

strikes me most of our fans are deluded

I DONT FUCKING CARE ABOUT THE PAST, it's the fucking present we're on about, and keegan simply is worse than allardyce in my eyes

double standards from many fans, criticised allardyce but won't do it to keegan because of his status

u don't go back to clubs ffs, howard kendall anyone

keegan was brought in to the majority of fan's like kids' and posters on here, because of what happened last time, football doesn't work like that

Very good.  One example.

I DONT f****** CARE ABOUT THE PAST, it's the f****** present we're on about, and keegan simply is worse than allardyce in my eyes

double standards from many fans, criticised allardyce but won't do it to keegan because of his status

keegan was brought in to the majority of fan's like kids' and posters on here, because of what happened last time, football doesn't work like that

Keegan has got the same players playing better than Allardyce and he's had tougher games than Allardyce, don't take my word for it, look at the league table to see the teams we've played since Keegan has been here.

Walter Smith has done okay.  Hitzfeld done okay. Capello went back to Madrid & won the title. I am sure I could think of more if I could be bothered.

Redknapp's doing ok at Pompey as well, not in the same vein as the names mentioned above by a long stretch though.

Guest neesy111

Walter Smith has done okay.  Hitzfeld done okay. Capello went back to Madrid & won the title. I am sure I could think of more if I could be bothered.

i could get a monkey to do well with the big 2 in a micky mouse league,

hitzfeld spent over £50M and they've let him go at the end of the season

capello got sacked didn't he

Walter Smith has done okay.  Hitzfeld done okay. Capello went back to Madrid & won the title. I am sure I could think of more if I could be bothered.

Dear oh dear.  Yeah you're right, none of them have done well O0

Hitzfeld didn't renew his contract, it was his decision.

Rangers are doing better with Smith back

Bayern doing better with Hitfeld back

Capello won them the league ffs.

You said people shouldn't go back & yet the 3 examples I listed all the clubs have improved domestically on them managers returning to clubs they had managed previously.

Click the links and cast your mind back...

1991-92 - KK saves Newcastle United from relegation into the old 3rd Division & ensures the future of the club.

1992-93 - KK takes Newcastle United to the Premiership as Champions, thrashing Leciester 7-1 on the final day one of many great performances that season.

KK's newly dubbed entertainers finish 3rd in the Premiership & qualify for Europe with Andy Cole scoring 41 for the campaign.

KK leads Newcastle United to a 6th place finish & in Europe put 10 past R. Antwerp as they once again entertain the nation

KK almost leads Newcastle United to the title in a season never to forget

KK the glory days.

To those wanting him out, to those getting on his back, to those who should know better, show the man some f****** respect and support your ungrateful set of bastards.  :thup:

Jesus Christ! stop day dreaming and living in the past those days are over and behind us and they aren't going to come back so I would rather look to the future and it's not with Keegan as I see it.

Imagine if Everton fans had had the same mentality as you HTT when Howard Kendall returned second-time...they'd have went down had they kept him.

Just because he did well first time (Taylor at Villa is another prime example), shouldn't mean we should just sit back and expect things to pick up, whether it's now or the summer.

I DONT f****** CARE ABOUT THE PAST, it's the f****** present we're on about, and keegan simply is worse than allardyce in my eyes

Keegan has got the same players playing better than Allardyce and he's had tougher games than Allardyce, don't take my word for it, look at the league table to see the teams we've played since Keegan has been here.

You can excuse the away results and Man Utd game (just about), but 1 point and 1 goal at home to Bolton, Boro & Blackburn? Come on, Mick.

Still 100% behind Keegan. He's firefighting at the moment, this situation was brewing long before he arrived.

There was a bloke the day before we appointed him saying he'd take the job who was probably the closest we were ever going to get to a Ramos/Wenger type, but we ignored him. It was a great appointment for a day or so for nostalgia, but do people REALLY think and expect him to change us much?

Still 100% behind Keegan. He's firefighting at the moment, this situation was brewing long before he arrived.

There was a bloke the day before we appointed him saying he'd take the job who was probably the closest we were ever going to get to a Ramos/Wenger type, but we ignored him. It was a great appointment for a day or so for nostalgia, but do people REALLY think and expect him to change us much?

Who was that? The fella who was worried about coming because there were no French schools in Newcastle?

Who was that? The fella who was worried about coming because there were no French schools in Newcastle?

"I have had no official approach from Newcastle but I am flattered to be linked with such speculation," Deschamps told The Daily Telegraph last night. "It would be an exciting challenge. Newcastle are a big club."

Newcastle chief executive Chris Mort insists the board are fully behind manager Kevin Keegan as he bids to turn around the team's fortunes.

The Magpies have not won in seven matches since Keegan returned for a second spell at St James' Park and are just three points above the Barclays Premier League relegation zone.

Keegan's appointment, following the departure of Sam Allardyce in January, was greeted with much enthusiasm and Mort has no doubt he is the right man for the job.

Mort told BBC Radio Five Live's Sportsweek programme: "Clearly Kevin wants to turn results around, that's what he has come in to do.

"It is disappointing but it will come. Kevin has got the players playing very well and I am sure the results will follow.

"He has come to a club that didn't change its manager in the middle of the season because things were going well. It wasn't going well and the team were playing poorly.

"Results reflected that and Kevin came in knowing it was going to be difficult to turn it round.

"That's what he's working on and he's got the team playing in a manner everyone in this part of the world appreciates."

Mort also says he has no concerns about Keegan's enthusiasm for the post.

Keegan enjoyed considerable success in his last stint at Newcastle but dramatically stood down in 1997 feeling he had taken the team as far as he could.

Three years later he also stepped down as England manager after deciding he was not cut out for the position.

Mort said: "There is no doubt or worry. Kevin is enjoying being back in Newcastle.

"He is clearly at home in the city and has been made very welcome. Once the football turns round I am sure he will be thoroughly enjoying it."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/03/02/SOCCER_Newcastle_Mort.html&TEAMHD=premiership

We were daft enough to offer him the job. Can't blame him for coming back to the club he loves.

Just not up to it imo.

Rubbish. Not his fault he's been left with this shower, most of whom can't hit the proverbial barn door. Yesterday was one of our best performances against a Blackburn team that were being compared to Brazil 1970 on here last week.

Can't believe some of the people on here like. They need to have a quiet word with themselves. Writing KK off already. Worse than mackems.

Can't believe some of the people on here like. They need to have a quiet word with themselves. Writing KK off already. Worse than mackems.

If you're happy with a bloke who's picked up 1 point at home against average opposition, and a man who STILL picks Smith, then fine.

Seriously become disillusioned with the sentimental b*llocks on this forum.

And I don't mean you there in particular, Alex.

I mean the "holier than thou" type post that HTT posted in the original post. I don't think KK's the right man for the job, and I don't want twatty posts like that telling me I should basically be honoured to have him back in our presence.

If you're happy with a bloke who's picked up 1 point at home against average opposition, and a man who STILL picks Smith, then fine.

Seriously become disillusioned with the sentimental b*llocks on this forum.

From three games? Have a word man.

Bolton he'd been in the job two days, Boro we put three past and conceded none but the ref wasn't having any of it and as for yesterday, what can he do? He can only get them playing good football and creating chances which we did in abundance - when players like Michael Owen are missing sitters, that's not KK's fault.

Admittedly a few of his selections are making me bang my head off the wall but he didn't bring these players in.