How long does Keegan get...

Guest BooBoo

making up the fact that Keegan said he wanted 3 new players and Mort said any new players would be for the future ? The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but nothing is made up here

If Mort wishes to exercise prudency before signing quality footballers, he's out for me and the sooner the better

I thought this was proven wrong 6 weeks ago?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/01/26/jonathan-woodgate-close-to-newcastle-move-89520-20298867/

this I know.

Whats your point, other than proving that your idol Sir John Hall [chairman] maybe wasn't so great as you paint him out to be [see the less than impressive bold bit] ?

But you don't accept that it was Shepherd, Hall Jnr and fletchers idea to appoint him in the first place either do you, despite Keegan himself saying so  :lol:

Sir John isn't my idol, he just did a good job while chairman, I've never denied or doubted that it was the idea of Fletcher to bring Keegan in.

making up the fact that Keegan said he wanted 3 new players and Mort said any new players would be for the future ? The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but nothing is made up here

If Mort wishes to exercise prudency before signing quality footballers, he's out for me and the sooner the better

I thought this was proven wrong 6 weeks ago?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/01/26/jonathan-woodgate-close-to-newcastle-move-89520-20298867/

I didn't realise we found the money to sign him, must have blinked at the wrong moment.

Who are the other 2 players we signed ?

this I know.

Whats your point, other than proving that your idol Sir John Hall [chairman] maybe wasn't so great as you paint him out to be [see the less than impressive bold bit] ?

But you don't accept that it was Shepherd, Hall Jnr and fletchers idea to appoint him in the first place either do you, despite Keegan himself saying so  :lol:

Sir John isn't my idol, he just did a good job while chairman, I've never denied or doubted that it was the idea of Fletcher to bring Keegan in.

Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd. Hall Snr didn't want to sack Ardiles. According to Keegan, unless you know better  :lol:

whats the matter, does it pain you to admit a fact ?

That nasty man who hurt your little feelings..........terrible.

Wheres that from?

The same place as this, to do with a Board meeting at St James' when George Forbes, Peter Mallinger, Derek McVickers and Freddy Shepherd all agreed to sell all of the shares they owned to Sir John, only for the irrevocable undertaking to sell his shares that Shepherd had signed to accidently end up in a shredder of the accountants, Coopers & Lybrand.

This is a reply to a phone call.

As mentioned on the telephone, and reiterated to Mr Forbes, as far at this firm is concerned it was a complete accident that the irrevocable undertaking signed by Mr Shepherd was destroyed.

Any suggestion that Mr Donohoe did not act solely in the interests of the independent directors is strongly denied.

My firm gave advice to the independent directors of Newcastle United Plc in connection with the offer from Cameron Hall Developments Limited in accordance with the agreed terms set out in our letter of 15th May 1992. I am satisfied that my partners and staff performed their work to the highest standard and with integrity.

I would be most pleased to meet with you and Mr Forbes.

Yours sincerely

Lionel Davies

Coopers & Lybrand said they'd shredded the letter by mistake, Shepherd said he'd changed his mind and hadn't signed it.  So an irrevocable undertaking signed in front of witnesses, one who admitted to shredding it by mistake wasn't actually signed.  :lol:

Wheres that from?

The same place as this, to do with a Board meeting at St James' when George Forbes, Peter Mallinger, Derek McVickers and Freddy Shepherd all agreed to sell all of the shares they owned to Sir John, only for the irrevocable undertaking to sell his shares that Shepherd had signed to accidently end up in a shredder of the accountants, Coopers & Lybrand.

This is a reply to a phone call.

As mentioned on the telephone, and reiterated to Mr Forbes, as far at this firm is concerned it was a complete accident that the irrevocable undertaking signed by Mr Shepherd was destroyed.

Any suggestion that Mr Donohoe did not act solely in the interests of the independent directors is strongly denied.

My firm gave advice to the independent directors of Newcastle United Plc in connection with the offer from Cameron Hall Developments Limited in accordance with the agreed terms set out in our letter of 15th May 1992. I am satisfied that my partners and staff performed their work to the highest standard and with integrity.

I would be most pleased to meet with you and Mr Forbes.

Yours sincerely

Lionel Davies

Coopers & Lybrand said they'd shredded the letter by mistake, Shepherd said he'd changed his mind and hadn't signed it.  So an irrevocable undertaking signed in front of witnesses, one who admitted to shredding it by mistake wasn't actually signed.   :lol:

Still doesn't explain where its coming from. :lol:

Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd. Hall Snr didn't want to sack Ardiles. According to Keegan, unless you know better  :lol:

According to Keegan we had money to spend in January, unless you know better.

so you are blaming Keegan then ?

Anyone but Ashley and Mort, because it puts that nasty man who called you names in a better light  mackems.gif

Yeah, where exactly are you pasting that stuff from Mick?

Pasting?  My fingers are killing.   :lol:

It's from a book by a former vice-chairman of the football club and it's a canny read for around £10.

so you are blaming Keegan then ?

Anyone but Ashley and Mort, because it puts that nasty man who called you names in a better light  mackems.gif

I don't blame Keegan for Woodgate going to Spurs no, do you?

We did have money to spend. Hence the accepted Woodgate bid.

Still doesn't explain where its coming from. :lol:

Sorry, I was going to get to it.  The book is by Peter Mallinger and is a really interesting read which gives you something to think about when people keep going on about how we were almost bankrupt when we had £4 million debt on a £4 million turnover yet we weren't in danger when we had over £100 million of debt on a £87 million turnover.

A lot of it will be gloss to make things look better than they were but we get that sort of spin all of the time.  You learn a lot about the last takeover and some of the stunts that were pulled to gain the upper hand, at least the fans did gain from the takeover, how it happened isn't really our concern, it was our gain and the sort of things which went on will go on everyday in business.

How long are you going to give them to match those top 4 finishes and european qualifications ?

How long are you going to give them?

Less than the first year by the looks of things.

Already explained. Morts attitude and comments have shown him to be naive and foolish and could yet see us surrender our premiership status. Those who have put prudency before the quality of footballer in the dressing room have nothing to complain about, they are getting what they wanted.

I recall some comments and actions by Shep and Hall in their fledgling years which could be deemed naive and foolish. Mary Poppins anyone?

From what I've been told Mort accepts his shortcomings and doesn't want to get involved in valuing players and sealing bids - one of the reasons behind the three wise men.

This isn't a Fred bash post btw, just pointing out that everyone is prone to errors of judgement whilst finding their feet

mackems.gif

Is this your one man mission to make sure that nothing negative is said about the old board?

Never seen such blinkered views in my life.

Cue retort of top 4 European quals and 3 consec top 5 finishes and how well we're doing nows etc etc.

never mind about the relegation struggle, at least we didn't waste any money in the transfer window  bluelaugh.gif

What, you mean on the likes of Luque etc?

Wish we'd bought more like him, maybe the chairman could've bid for Rooney again?

I see. Qualifying for europe more than every club bar 4, and our 3 top 5 highest consecutive league positions for 50 years is something you don't agree with either I take it ?

Was that aimed at me?

If it was, where did I mention it? Please show me.

You are jumping on the current board after allowing them very little time to achieve anything.

Why not compare what happens after another 10-12 years? You may have an argument then.

What about comparing the 1st year of both regimes?

more than happy to do that, however if you are happy at them not recognising a serious situation, then you shouldn't be.

You ARE aware the previous regime saved the club from bankruptcy, the 3rd division and a failed share issue aren't you ?

Thats fact by the way, not something I've made up to "defend" them.

But what was the point in achieving all that they did (whilst making a s*** load of money in the process), then leaving us in such a mess?

what do you think they should do ? Not continue attempting to be successful ?

Maybe not answering that would be better ........

No, if they're the people you're making them out to be (which most NUFC fans know they ARE NOT), then they would have admitted they had taken the club as they could and would have passed the club on to someone else, to take it to the next level.

It amazes me that you can stick up for Shepherd and then call Mort's attitude and comments naive and foolish.

Shepherd embarrassed us nearly every time he spoke in public.

According to club ex-employees he also lied to them.

Then you have the really bad stuff......

...talking to some plastic scousers at some traffic lights about MO.

...soccerex in Dubai, a great example of alienating smaller clubs

.....brothel in Spain.

Can't see Mort doing that.

NE5.

PLEASE - we're begging here - can you tell us exactly what is behind your agenda?

the good of the club ?

Avoiding relegation ?

Hoping they will match the best positions of the old board, as a minimum ?

Take your pick

How will blindly sticking up for the old board's shortcomings achieve those things?

NE5.

PLEASE - we're begging here - can you tell us exactly what is behind your agenda?

the good of the club ?

Avoiding relegation ?

Take your pick

How will blindly sticking up for the old board's shortcomings achieve those things?

Can't wait until we qualify for the Champions League again, just like the good old days. Remember them, instead of buying average johnny foreigners and looking at the balance sheet and declaring such acquisitions to be "good business"

.....brothel in Spain.

Morty knows how to party, don't you worry about that!

has Mort popped his cherry.

Who gives a shit what the chairman does when you are playing in an FA Cup Final. Did you give your ticket up and stand by your principles ? I bet you didn't.

NE5.

the good of the club ?

Avoiding relegation ?

Take your pick

Can't wait until we qualify for the Champions League again, just like the good old days. Remember them, instead of buying average johnny foreigners and looking at the balance sheet and declaring such acquisitions to be "good business"

not a foreigner but lee bowyer fits the bill well (charvet,dumas,andersson,bassedas,ketsbaia,georgardis all fit the bill aswell)

Who gives a shit what the chairman does when you are playing in an FA Cup Final

Aye who cares. Shepherd nearly ruined this club completely with silly spending and total ignorance towards our finances. Ashley has come in and has gave us a future without debt. Mort said it himself that this club could well have folded under Shepherd and you wonder why he is keeping an eye on the balance sheets? How about learning from past mistakes made by past chairmen? I have no doubts Mort and Ashley will give Keegan the money he needs to improve us, but while also keeping an eye on our finances which is comforting tbh after the state Shepherd left us in.

But yeah who cares about our finances when we are in the cup final.

.....brothel in Spain.

Morty knows how to party, don't you worry about that!

has Mort popped his cherry.

Who gives a s*** what the chairman does when you are playing in an FA Cup Final. Did you give your ticket up and stand by your principles ? I bet you didn't.

me....cup finals are nice but prove fuck all.

NE5.

the good of the club ?

Avoiding relegation ?

Take your pick

Do you think that the old board, if still in charge would of matched the CL qualifications that they'd previously achieved?

Im struggling to debate with you becasue every question i ask you fail to answer. Its like nailing diarreah to a wall.  Do you fancy humouring me.

In fact if you fancy exaplining to me why Keegan said there was money to spend yet we didntbuy and who's fault that is, feel free to as well.

It hard for me to see what the board has done that directly relates to the situation we are in now, we had a better squad then at least 50% of the teams in the prem. SA recieved a decent amount of cash and it was in his hands to prove that he was capable of spending more of Ashleys money, but he failed.