How long does Keegan get...

Guest BooBoo

I see people are talking about deserting the club too, now that the Halls and Shepherd aren't there to attract them to the club like last time too ?

Who's talking about deserting the club?

Well?

you in the other thread

:lol:

Explain?

you've explained yourself in the other thread  bluerazz.gif

here's a pressie for you Dave

http://api.ning.com/files/It8iXrpaDzobDhtYbT5y*0evasA2CJpKzryGXNgtQMc_/spade.jpg

Even if we get relegated (and tbh he HAS to take half the blame as he'll have had almost half the season by then) we have to keep him.

No one else would want the job and he'd be the right man to motivate a team back into the Prem. He's a promotion manager, i just wonder sometimes if that is the limit of his ability.

Guest stb654

£100 says Keegan will run north of the border if we go down :pow:

But, Champions League spot next year me thinks  :snod:

:laugh:.....

:nope:

He gets at least this season and next, whether or not we go down.

What if we are stuggling in the Championship come Christmas?

Another miracle will be born. Fear not Dexster.

I still love the man to bits, and I think we're playing somewhat better football than under Allardyce, but his team selections have been completely indefensible.

Say what you want about Souness and Roeder, but they always picked the best team available. Big Sam's selections were completely s***, but at least there was some rhyme or reason to them if you buyed into his footballing philosophy.

Keegan's selections on the other hand simply defy reason. There is simply no human reason whatsoever to be picking Butt over Geremi, Duff over Zog, or Smith over Martins. Picking Smith in the midfield and starting Duff up front alongside owen has to rank up there with the worst of Big Sam's tinkering.

I simply can't believe Keegan can actually be this inept. There has to be some sort of other factor going on behind the scenes. Perhaps the rumors of "plays if fit" clauses in contracts are true. Perhaps Keegan gets along too well with some of these players and that's influencing his selections (notice how every example in the above paragraph is an English/Irish player starting over a more deserving foreign one.)

Whatever it is, it has to stop and it has to stop now. What gives me hope is that he eventually did figure out that we needed to play Enrique, but it took him a long time to figure that out. Hopefully he'll sort out the other things before we're in an irrecoverable position.

Either that, Glen Roeder will be having a laugh when he brings Norwich to SJP next year.

I still love the man to bits, and I think we're playing somewhat better football than under Allardyce, but his team selections have been completely indefensible.

Say what you want about Souness and Roeder, but they always picked the best team available. Big Sam's selections were completely s***, but at least there was some rhyme or reason to them if you buyed into his footballing philosophy.

Keegan's selections on the other hand simply defy reason. There is simply no human reason whatsoever to be picking Butt over Geremi, Duff over Zog, or Smith over Martins. Picking Smith in the midfield and starting Duff up front alongside owen has to rank up there with the worst of Big Sam's tinkering.

I simply can't believe Keegan can actually be this inept. There has to be some sort of other factor going on behind the scenes. Perhaps the rumors of "plays if fit" clauses in contracts are true. Perhaps Keegan gets along too well with some of these players and that's influencing his selections (notice how every example in the above paragraph is an English/Irish player starting over a more deserving foreign one.)

Whatever it is, it has to stop and it has to stop now. What gives me hope is that he eventually did figure out that we needed to play Enrique, but it took him a long time to figure that out. Hopefully he'll sort out the other things before we're in an irrecoverable position.

Either that, Glen Roeder will be having a laugh when he brings Norwich to SJP next year.

Roeder did not always pick the best team available, Souness certainly didn't.

The only selection I recall Roeder getting shit over was starting Parker over Butt when Parker was fit. In retrospect, was that such a bad idea?

Okay, never mind about Souness. Stress playing Yahtzee with my memory.

Roeder's teams were only at their best when he had no other options at all iyam.

Roeder's teams were only at their best when he had Alan Shearer next to him in the dug out.

That too.

The only selection I recall Roeder getting s*** over was starting Parker over Butt when Parker was fit. In retrospect, was that such a bad idea?

Roeder thought Duff was better than N'Zogbia when he clearly wasn't.

The only selection I recall Roeder getting s*** over was starting Parker over Butt when Parker was fit. In retrospect, was that such a bad idea?

N'Zogbia was absolutely shockingly bad for every minute that Roeder put him on the pitch.

N'Zogbia was absolutely shockingly bad for every minute that Roeder put him on the pitch.

In the first game after being dropped for the Irish oxygen thief, he came on and ran 50 yards to set up the winner. How rubbish.

Then he got dropped again.

In the first game after being dropped for the Irish oxygen thief, he came on and ran 50 yards to set up the winner. How rubbish.

Then he got dropped again.

Howay man, we know your hatred for Duff and love for Zoggy. But he was gash last season compared to the one before.