Side & Formation for Birmingham

Tsunami
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObaStar

i think oba will start with viduka coming off the bench for him in the 60-70th minute.

The team will be

Harper

Beye  Taylor  Faye    Enrique

Duff    Butt    Barton  N'zogbia

Owen    Oba

Harper

Beye-Faye-Cacapa-Enrique

Geremi-Butt-N'Zogbia-Duff

Owen-Carroll

Bench: Forster, Taylor, Barton, Viduka, Martins

Smith needs to be out of the 16. Taylor has been poor recently and needs to be dropped so that he is aware his place isn't 100% guaranteed, Carroll's reserve form means he needs to be given a start.

We can't change our style of play until the summer and new players arrive - our current style is hit-and-hope long ball stuff. Smith never wins any headers, Carroll's main strength is winning headers and flick-ons. Perfect for Owen, no?

keegans comments would indicate a start for oba

Oh do tell more LJ.

"He excites me very much as a player. He is very, very different to anything that not only have we got at this football club, but probably in the Premier League.

"He has got a lot of things going for him that you do not see every day on a training ground.

"I am delighted to have him back and delighted that he is fit again.

"It sends up all sorts of ideas in your mind of what this player can bring to the football club."

keegans comments would indicate a start for oba

Oh do tell more LJ.

"He excites me very much as a player. He is very, very different to anything that not only have we got at this football club, but probably in the Premier League.

"He has got a lot of things going for him that you do not see every day on a training ground.

"I am delighted to have him back and delighted that he is fit again.

"It sends up all sorts of ideas in your mind of what this player can bring to the football club."

there you go!

We will beat Birmingham on Monday!  :snod:

Oh yes.

And what makes you so sure of that?

Every time the ball comes into our box you'd think it was a bomb or something, the way the defenders panic.

Every time the opposition scores we fold like a pack of cards.

Every time we miss a good chance heads drop.

Oh yes.

Every time the ball comes into our box you'd think it was a bomb or something, the way the defenders panic.

thats the spirit son, stay positive

Oh yes.

boo to you.

Oh yes.

thats the spirit son, stay positive

heh. wish I could, but until I see a starting 11 that doesn't include Barton, Smith and Taylor I'm dead pessimistic about any of our chances. While I'm on the subject of Taylor, someone give the lad a gobstopper. He's in the Chronicle every week saying we need to cut out the mistakes and play as a team - him being our saviour, the next England captain and such.

Kev needs to ring the changes and fast. Too many players are in the team on merit.

Guest BigLankyGeordie

We are really going to have to show some guts to get something from that, Birmingham will be battling like hell.

If we do get three points though I think our whole season will turn upwards sharply from there on in.

By the way, just joined the group, any other Toon fans here living in Teesside area? 

BLG

Guest Deep456

Team should be:

Harper

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrique

Duff Geremi Barton N'Zogbia

Martins Owen

Either that or

Harper

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrique

N'zogbia Geremi Duff

Martins Viduka Owen

i think oba will start with viduka coming off the bench for him in the 60-70th minute.

We must also prepare ourselves for the possibility of Oba on the right with little Mickey and either Smith or Viduka up front...

Playing Martins on the right wing is like trying to make a cat sit in a bucket of freezing water. He just drifts inside because he is a striker, leaving us with no width on the right hand side, therefore the right back tucks in and there's less space for Viduka or whoever to try and get a shot away from central positions.

With Milner injured, either Duff or Geremi should play wide right - the right probably suiting Duff more because he nearly always cuts inside anyway.

But Martins on the right would be an utter abortion of an idea.

Playing Martins on the right wing is like trying to make a cat sit in a bucket of freezing water. He just drifts inside because he is a striker, leaving us with no width on the right hand side, therefore the right back tucks in and there's less space for Viduka or whoever to try and get a shot away from central positions.

With Milner injured, either Duff or Geremi should play wide right - the right probably suiting Duff more because he nearly always cuts inside anyway.

But Martins on the right would be an utter abortion of an idea.

http://www.photoshoptalent.com/images/contests/peeking%20kitten/fullsize/peeking%20kitten_45d611c301196.jpg

On the programme change over at lunch time today on Talksport, Ian Danter had only been talking for about 10 seconds before getting his dig in about Newcastle sending 1,000 tickets back.

Lets hope we can fuck them over so we can ring in and say we didnt want to go because we knew it would be a piss easy win.

... now where is that dreaming emoticon

For me, the central midfield pairing will decide a long way whether we win or not.

Butt and Barton, no.

Butt and Geremi, no.

Geremi and N'Zogbia, not sure.

Butt and N'Zogbia, maybe.

Butt and Faye, no.

Barton and Faye, no.

Faye and N'Zogbia, probably the best we can do.

Harper

Beye-Cacapa-Edgar-Enrique

Milner-Faye-N'Zogbia-Duff

(Martins-Viduka-Carroll-Owen) any pair.

Guest ObaStar

i had a prophetic dream about this match. 2-2 goals from owen and a last gasp header from beye to seal it.

Guest Milburnthedog

Whatever team cross the white line, lets pray they decide to compete. Too many times we don't turn up. If that happens tomorrow, the pressure on Saturday will be intense.