Has Viduka

Guest toonlass

wasn't sure about Viduka at first, but it was easy to tell early on that he had class in abundance. the problem was his fitness was terrible and it impacted upon his ability to influence games. i thought given time he'd get to peak match-fitness but i don't think he ever has.

tbh we are so desperate for a bit of class up-front that if he is even half-fit i'd play him alongside martins which is the partnership i've favoured since the start. his link-play and vision is so far beyond Smith's, even if he doesn't run about as much, and he is actually more likely to score than Owen. if Owen is up-front with Martins it is inevitable that he'll play 90% of the game scavenging deep in midfield and Viduka is far better at doing this.

He's just too lazy.

If we signed him on a rolling 3 monthly contract, he'd perform.

Its well documented that he plays well around contract time.

All true but he should still be out there instead of Smith. Even when he's half fit. Can pull goals out of his arse and that is just what we need.

He's just too lazy.

All true but he should still be out there instead of Smith. Even when he's half fit. Can pull goals out of his arse and that is just what we need.

No doubt.

But lets face it, anyone that posts on this forum deserves to be out there more than Smith.

Guest ExiledGeordie

Whats shocking is that I can actually see him coming on and scoring in the next few games.

Can't stand him but I could see him scoring against someone like Birmingham. He'll be gone at the end of the season thankfully

All the warning signs were there even Bernie Slaven mentioned it numerous times while at the smoggies that he went missing when he didnt fancy it and was a great player but a waste of space because of his "injury" record.A disaster of a signing and get rid in the summer .

All the warning signs were there even Bernie Slaven mentioned it numerous times while at the smoggies that he went missing when he didnt fancy it and was a great player but a waste of space because of his "injury" record.A disaster of a signing and get rid in the summer .

Like Smith and Barton, what kind of an idiot would buy him? (or even take him on a free)

I love how 'He’s got this fantastic ability to score goals in tight situations and to score goals at important times. That’s what wins you football matches. You saw Fernando Torres the other night score a goal [for Liverpool] when a lot of players would have taken another touch, and Mark comes into that category, too. He doesn’t need a lot of space, he can do the unexpected.' becomes 'Kevin Keegan: Mark Viduka can be Newcastle United's Fernando Torres'.

He'll replace Smith, that's all that matters. If the fat sponger can stay fit for the run-in, it could be the difference between staying up and going down. It's a nice day outside so he might even train properly today.  O0

I love how 'He’s got this fantastic ability to score goals in tight situations and to score goals at important times. That’s what wins you football matches. You saw Fernando Torres the other night score a goal [for Liverpool] when a lot of players would have taken another touch, and Mark comes into that category, too. He doesn’t need a lot of space, he can do the unexpected.' becomes 'Kevin Keegan: Mark Viduka can be Newcastle United's Fernando Torres'.

Joey Barton could be our Steven Gerrard too.

Guest The Libertine

“You always want your best players available, but forwards who can score you goals and win you matches"

hopefully that was aimed at Smith.

He's just too lazy.

He's got 10% of the work ethic of Smith, yet has still brought 100% more to the club this season than Smith has.

Guest iliketoonarmy

He's just too lazy.

still better than owen tbh :(

the fucking little prick

He's just too lazy.

still better than owen tbh :(

the fucking little prick

The last line in your post makes the first line pointless. Don't know why people have to get personal about players, as it detracts from their views of them as a player.

However, there is no way that Viduka is better than Owen.

He's just too lazy.

He's got 10% of the work ethic of Smith, yet has still brought 100% more to the club this season than Smith has.

Exactly. Aye he's overweight and he's not quick (fuck's sake, what a comical accusation of a player who has never relied on pace), but he oozes class when we actually get the fucking ball into his feet.

I'm going to go out on a limb and call him our most important player - Martins included - out of the dross that is our squad.

He has been involved in the majority of the good that has occured this season, much like Oba and N'Zogbia have.

He's just too lazy.

Exactly. Aye he's overweight and he's not quick (fuck's sake, what a comical accusation of a player who has never relied on pace), but he oozes class when we actually get the fucking ball into his feet.

I'm going to go out on a limb and call him our most important player - Martins included - out of the dross that is our squad.

He has been involved in the majority of the good that has occured this season, much like Oba and N'Zogbia have.

He has also scored goals which changed matches when we were playing dire football early in the season. Allardyce had a lot to thank him for. Although staying fit would have helped.