Michael Owen must look at his own failings

Crumpy Gunt

Thrilled that he's bagging them fairly frequently now, but my opinion's not going to change on him overly much. If he'd been performing better infront of goal in previous weeks then we could have been another three or four points better off. But, and i know, that could be said for a lot of players.

Of what i've said about the bloke, only this...

The article is absolutely spot on; outlines Owen's 'contribution' down to a tee. You can blame service at times, but he's had several (and i mean a fucking lot, regardless of what some people will say) clear-cut chances in 2008, and he's blown them. Unreliable and unenthused half the time.

I won't say anymore cos i'll just repeat what's in the article!

If Owen was to regain his pre-injury form, and we stay up, it'll be absolutely massive, and he could be a key element in re-instating us in the top half (we'll work on the top 6 in time). He was a quality player one time. But we've said that all season long and i just can't see it given his total lack of pace. Now, he's no more than average.

... is subject to change. He must have found a reason, or something.

In January, whenever Michael Owen came into conversation I suggested that we should only sell him if he doesn't end the season with 5 league goals. I'm glad he is seemingly past his injury problems, and scoring.

Guest rebel_yell12

Considering Capello's "use" for Owen last England match, Supertoon, there may not be much to worry about on that account. 

Considering Capello's "use" for Owen last England match, Supertoon, there may not be much to worry about on that account. 

Yes but he has praised Owen's recent performances and i would be suprised if he doesnt play some part

Do't know what the theme of this thread is but Owen was superb today.

I wouldn't say he was superb, but he did pretty well certainly.  Looked more of a decent footballer when dropping deep than he has in a long time.  One thing that worries me is he seems to still be missing straight foward chances.

Guest ObaStar

Lets remember he has been out forever with injuries. The hardest thing in sports is to come back from an injury. Owen has not had a solid run of 10 games or more like this in the past 3 years. He has the quality, he is back and he is going to score like he always has done.

Looked like he streched something in his right leg at the end of the game. Hope it's nothing (serious), and that he is ready for next trainingsession already.

I think he may have been injured at the end of the game. He was walking very strangely and then tried to run (it off).

Coincidence he needs goals to get in the England side?

SICK OF THIS SHIT

This is my care face.

It's been done to death anyway but I'm not really bothered so long as he's playing well and looks like scoring. I think there's some truth in him being more motivated to try and win back his England place though.

Was our best player yesterday pulling the strings from a deep lying role.

Forget the player who used to stay on the last man with blistering pace, he is going to be equally influential in more of a playmaker role now ghosting in to score intelligent goals from from unmarked positions instead.

He was most influential and impressive yesterday.

Doug