Birmingham City 1 - 1 Newcastle - 17/03/08 - post match reaction from page 28

Dave

I can understand the sub, Martins was drifting out of position a lot in the past 15 mins. Rather than disrupt the team anymore than he needed to he took him off i think. Martins has been our best though.

No pace to chase the long passes anymore.

All attacking impetus gone ...

Just when things started looking up Keegan had to go and do that.

We had a chance to win this and we were piling on the pressure, why make a change anyway?

I can understand the sub, Martins was drifting out of position a lot in the past 15 mins. Rather than disrupt the team anymore than he needed to he took him off i think. Martins has been our best though.

Stick him up front instead of Viduka. Just play him alongside Owen. Hardly rocket science.

I think Martins playing more centrally is what gave us extra impetus. He's much better through the middle than he is out wide. Vids and Barton should have been subbed.

Stick him up front instead of Viduka. Just play him alongside Owen. Hardly rocket science.

Exactly. Martins had the momentum and some kind of confidence, something you can't buy at a time like this.

Yes but it would still disrupt the team more than has to be done with a straight position for position swap.