Birmingham City 1 - 1 Newcastle - 17/03/08 - post match reaction from page 28

Dave

I can understand the sub, Martins was drifting out of position a lot in the past 15 mins. Rather than disrupt the team anymore than he needed to he took him off i think. Martins has been our best though.

I think Martins playing more centrally is what gave us extra impetus. He's much better through the middle than he is out wide. Vids and Barton should have been subbed.

Yeah maybe I'm just offering a possible reason from KK.

I can understand the sub, Martins was drifting out of position a lot in the past 15 mins. Rather than disrupt the team anymore than he needed to he took him off i think. Martins has been our best though.

Stick him up front instead of Viduka. Just play him alongside Owen. Hardly rocket science.

Yes but it would still disrupt the team more than has to be done with a straight position for position swap.

What's this about "disrupting the team"?? Playing better, bringing the game to them?

Stick him up front instead of Viduka. Just play him alongside Owen. Hardly rocket science.

Yes but it would still disrupt the team more than has to be done with a straight position for position swap.

Posting from your mobile again Kev?

Guest LucaAltieri

Anyone else notice how our attacking play has suddenly gone dead?

Owen's pathetic left foot making a cameo again there.

Goodness me ...

Is every post you make going to be Owen bashing, you tedious little man?

Anyone else notice how our attacking play has suddenly gone dead?

Owen's pathetic left foot making a cameo again there.

Goodness me ...

Is every post you make going to be Owen bashing, you tedious little man?

If I knew the quick code for "clap", that's what I'd post.

Full time.

Whilst a point is good, we lost the chance of all three with the substitution of Martins tbh. Can't get my head around that one at all. We were well on top and the spark went instantly.

Pleased with the second half response though, all things considered.

Man of the match was Nicky Butt.