Oba...Obafem

TRon

Fukin love Martins.

Can stay here for 10 years as far as i'm concerned.

:thup:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I just wish the rest of them cared that much..

Get a grip the pair of you. He's not that good. Says all the right things though, which a few more could learn from as it seems to fool most of the fans into thinking he's amazing. Shows how poor we are when people hero worship him imo.

I like a player, you get a grip FFS  :rolleyes:

You rate Taylor so your opinion is null and void anyway.

You are so far up your own arse i'm surprised you can read other peoples opinions.

C'mon girls dont get touchy.

Martins is a good striker atm. Not a great striker, not a crap striker. I believe he is our best striker also.

Just sick of this arsehole stalking my 'null and void' opinions at every opportunity.

C'mon girls dont get touchy.

Martins is a good striker atm. Not a great striker, not a crap striker. I believe he is our best striker also.

Just sick of this arsehole stalking my 'null and void' opinions at every opportunity.

Give over man. Me stalking you? Have a quiet word with yourself you big fanny :lol:

Guest rebel_yell12

Oba had an excellent game - best ive seen in a while. We have definitely missed him. His touch was brilliant and he linked up well with Enrique a couple of times. Deserved a goal with his performance and I am truly pleased he is back in the team!

I have faith he will save us from the drop this year - he just needs to passes! I was in the crowd for the Blues game and he was the only player worth singing for!

I was agreeing with this, right up to the last sentence (which I've helpfully bolded).  The first paragraph is right, although I would have remarked that the fact he linked up well with Owen was a bit more important than with Enrique, but both are fair enough comments.  I'm pleased he's back too, as it gives Newcastle an attack that defenders have to be wary of, not just watch one player. 

That last bit though...that's just not true.  Nicky Butt played a very good second half with little help in the midfield.  Jose Enrique and Habib Beye played well, and if Faye doesn't have another match like that, the back line could be solid (which NUFC has long awaited).  Michael Owen put in his best performance this season, imo, and was unlucky not to get the goal on the 50th minute (redeemed himself with the goal he did get).  Those are all things worth singing for.  Hell, the whole team gave a much improved second half performance, and that's worth singing for.  Sing your hearts out, the lads need support.  I would, but I don't think the lads can hear me from my exile in Oklahoma  :undecided: 

Someone on the True Faith website said in their summary of the match that they thought Martins was anonymous in the first half and poor in the second. What game was he watching?

What did he actually do that was so great? Hit a shot that Owen scored the rebound from, had another shot that was tipped wide? Nothing else stands out really. I don't think anyone was that great quality wise, they just showed a bit more effort and passion than usual.

Someone on the True Faith website said in their summary of the match that they thought Martins was anonymous in the first half and poor in the second. What game was he watching?

What did he actually do that was so great? Hit a shot that Owen scored the rebound from, had another shot that was tipped wide? Nothing else stands out really. I don't think anyone was that great quality wise, they just showed a bit more effort and passion than usual.

He had Jaidi on his arse on several occasions, he ran him ragged during the game. He broke with pace and control, and generally looked a bit better in every department.

You could be right. But we're easy satisfied at the moment. That's the only advantage of relegation football, one good pass and every body is going wild.

His pace, skill and boosted confidence were all far more evident in the second half. He scared them. We even hit them on the break a few times (seems so long since we were doing that!) with him involved. Good to see. Anyone saying he was awesome is wrong, but he was promising.

He had Jaidi on his arse on several occasions, he ran him ragged during the game. He broke with pace and control, and generally looked a bit better in every department.

For all our pressure it was in front of their defence, we rarely troubled the back four with a decent pass or cross. I honestly think you've made that up. He wasn't up front in the second half for the most part. (I think he did well just floating)

HATER ALERT!!!

Do you really think that all he did was "hit a shot that Owen scored from and have a shot that was tipped wide"?

If so then you clearly weren't watching the game.

Therefore why comment on his performance?

Do you really think that all he did was "hit a shot that Owen scored from and have a shot that was tipped wide"?

If so then you clearly weren't watching the game.

Therefore why comment on his performance?

End product wise, yes. I'm just a bit worried at the sudden jizz fest over him on here, when he actually didn't produce much at all, as if that's the standard of performance people are considering worth blowing their load over.

In comparison to the rest of the team and what they have done all season can you really blame them?!!!

Come on man! Do you realise it was probably the best performance we have seen since Martins himself left for the ACN.

Name one perfformance that has come even close in the last 5 months then. Then I won't say another word about Martins.

:lol:

You can't pick someone from the same game you daft lad!

In the last 5 months as in prior to this game maybe?!

The sad fact is that no individual has produced anywhere near as good a performance, no matter how good or bad peple thought Martins was.

It's a sad fact  :weep: hence the overexcitement.

Do we have a player named Blackburn?

???

Weren't we talking about individual performances here?

I thought you might struggle  :iamatwat:

Okay, Owen versus Blackburn. Got 3 clear cut chances. Didn't score any of them but neither did Martins versus Brum, i'd say that that at least comes close. Now zip it. :razz:

You can't pick someone from the same game you daft lad!

In the last 5 months as in prior to this game maybe?!

The sad fact is that no individual has produced anywhere near as good a performance, no matter how good or bad peple thought Martins was.

It's a sad fact  :weep: hence the overexcitement.

You always get this excited over Martins though.  :razz:

I remember after one game you got banned as I was winding you up about your lauding one of Martin's performances.