Kev: Signings may not be stars

Baggio

we need to look to buy good players with poetential to be great

Third.  Playing in a rubbish team but still a spark, the sort of player that would have helped us much this season

Exactly.

We've signed far too many "good" players that have turned out not to have any drive apart from their obsession with buying more and more bling. And I'm not just talking about those that spring to mind in that - Dyer, Jenas and Bellamy

Bellamy had more drive than most players I've seen play for Newcastle. Just because you don't like him, take the blinkers off.

we need to look to buy good players with poetential to be great

Third. Playing in a rubbish team but still a spark, the sort of player that would have helped us much this season

Exactly.

We've signed far too many "good" players that have turned out not to have any drive apart from their obsession with buying more and more bling. And I'm not just talking about those that spring to mind in that - Dyer, Jenas and Bellamy

Jenas showed enough hunger in his first couple of seasons, but people seem to be forgetting that. There's a reason why he stagnated but now that he's doing it for Spurs, I find it harder to place the blame wholly at his feet for the shitty last season and a half.

Bellamy not having any drive or passion? :lol: I want some of what you're smoking, mate.

With Dyer, I don't think drive was the problem - injuries were. The frustrating thing with him was that it was always niggling injuries, but anyway, whenever he played, I always came away remembering a few of his lung-bursting lungs so it's not like he was a lazy git who never ran for the team, was it? There seems to the idea that the 'gangsta bling bling' lifestyle is associated with a lack of drive - I have no idea whether this is true, but with Dyer at least, I don't think that is/was true.

I know what net spend is, but I'm pleased you think we should outspend these teams every single season. Daft that like.

I'm very pleased for you also, that you again are defending the directors and their policy that left us staring at the brink of the 3rd division, a failed share issue, 15000 crowds and closure.

I didn't say that we should outspend these teams every single season, you're the one who goes on as if we should.  I'm not defending anybody either, I've just corrected what you'd said about our crowds.  Also, it was Sir Johns share issue that failed, not that it has anything to do with this thread.

aye, we sold our best players, brought in 2nd raters [which caused them to want to leave] and you defend it - again.

Well done. Go to top of the class.

I haven't defended anything, I've corrected you again about our crowds, nothing more.

[

why do you think I'm bothered about the opinion of a handful of Blackburn fans ?

I've been to Blackburn twice in the 80's and there was more NUFC fans than they were.

They boo their ex player who won the title for them almost single handed, idiots that they are.

Without Jack Walkers money they would be nothing, because they are a small club, albeit with a good manager at the moment who will move on when the right offer comes

I thought we had s*** crowds?

Blackburn Rovers

Titles won: 3

FA Cups: 6

League Cup: 1

Newcastle United

Titles won: 4

In the past 15 years, Blackburn's got a title and a league cup to show for. We, on the other hand, obviously don't.

The reference to Jack Walker's money is irrelevant - they won it, who gives a s*** how? History won't put an asterisk next to their title, and history won't be putting asterisks next to the numerous trophies that Chelsea have won in the past few years as well.

I might have missed something here, when did we win that League Cup?

Blackburn Rovers

Newcastle United

In the past 15 years, Blackburn's got a title and a league cup to show for. We, on the other hand, obviously don't.

The reference to Jack Walker's money is irrelevant - they won it, who gives a s*** how? History won't put an asterisk next to their title, and history won't be putting asterisks next to the numerous trophies that Chelsea have won in the past few years as well.

Bah, my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Blackburn Rovers

Newcastle United

Forgot the intertoto there

that said, we can offer first team football and a shitload of cash that the likes of Everton and Spurs etc cannot

We should be targeting players that can take us back to 5th, we don't need stars to do that, end of. We don't want another Owen.

Robert and Bellamy came for a combined £16m, these are the type of signings Wise and Keegan should be looking at. Not world stars but players with genuine ability, pace and time on their side

Bellamy and Robert were practically given away tbh ,Owen did not set the transfer fee and in recent weeks has shown his worth and with good signings around him he will show football he hasnt lost nowt and will take us back into the top 5.Getting back to Bellend and Robert they are both there own worse enemies and frankly Sourpuss had to get rid and Robert has been shit since he left us .

Guest Stephen927

I reckon Bentley will go for around £16m.

No harm in putting a bid in for him, if you dont shoot you dont score.

I think Hughes has taken Blackburn to the brink of their potential. Whereas with Newcastle, if Keegan gets it right again, theres potential in this club to really threaten the top four, possibly even Premiership challengers although at this moment in time, this is crazy talk.

that said, we can offer first team football and a shitload of cash that the likes of Everton and Spurs etc cannot

We should be targeting players that can take us back to 5th, we don't need stars to do that, end of. We don't want another Owen.

Robert and Bellamy came for a combined £16m, these are the type of signings Wise and Keegan should be looking at. Not world stars but players with genuine ability, pace and time on their side

Bellamy and Robert were practically given away tbh ,Owen did not set the transfer fee and in recent weeks has shown his worth and with good signings around him he will show football he hasnt lost nowt and will take us back into the top 5.Getting back to Bellend and Robert they are both there own worse enemies and frankly Sourpuss had to get rid and Robert has been shit since he left us .

Byut signing them took a mid table team and turned it into a Champions League team.

Suddenly Shearer had a foil, the team had balance, there was an alternative to putting everything down the right wing and we had blistering counter attacking pace.

A (fit) Bellamy and Robert (of the 2001-2002 vintage) would have made a marked improvement to this team too.

Robert's career has gone massively down hill since he left the toon, while Bellend has continued to miss most matches through injury.

Although true its not really the point is it?

The signing of Bellamy and Robert helped transform the team and for 2 seasons were 2 of the main threats we had.

Its irrelevant what has happened since then to the argument, we need signings such as those two - i.e not world stars but talented individuals who can win games and bring the best out in others

The signing of Bellamy and Robert helped transform the team and for 2 seasons were 2 of the main threats we had.

Its irrelevant what has happened since then to the argument, we need signings such as those two - i.e not world stars but talented individuals who can win games and bring the best out in others

I was brought to belive the main threat is the person who puts the ball in the net the most.

Are world stars not talented individuals?

I was brought to belive the main threat is the person who puts the ball in the net the most.

Are world stars not talented individuals?

Who was the better signing Kluivert or Bellamy?