pedro111

An SLR though? A true fan would have a disposable one having spent all their money on supporting their club.

A true fan would have been away off to the bar to get his pint and pies in. Or possibly nipping off just after the second goal to go home for the same.

A true fan would go to the games, etc. ;)

Guest float one in

I was reading a paper today at work, cant for the life of me think which, but it had the attendances for the weekend from all the leagues, and the Bundesliga is one to be commended!

15th place club was getting like 50K and all of them were getting around this, in comparison to the PL it was really impressive!

what would premiership crowds be like if it was £10 to get in. it's far cheaper in germany to go to football and good on them for having it that way

Agreed, but thats also the reason it doesnt have the talent of the premiership!

I would happily swap having the 'talent of the premiership' for having 10 quid tickets and safe standing. football would be miles better.

Why don't you just support a league two team then?

because league two isn't of the standard og the german league.

And he already supports Newcastle.

Aye! The reason I support Newcastle is that I was born in north shields and was brought up on it - didn't feel like i had a choice in the matter, just like most other supporters! We don't start supporting them because we are attracted by all the good players playing in the premier league (which was still a good few years off when i started getting into it btw).

I just find it strange how so many football fans these days moan about how good it used to be, when stadiums were s*** (but at least you could stand up, eh) and things were much cheaper. Football is a lot more enjoyable these days, no matter who you support.

As for the comment about the camera, who cares if someone wants to take some photos at a football match?

Well I suppose it's all down to personal preference - what football (and your club in particular) means to you, and your reasons for following it.

All I know is that I used to enjoy it alot more in years gone by. This was probably due to a number of reasons, but cheap prices and the laugh you used to have standing were certainly pretty central to it. The quality of players on view was nowhere near what it is today, with your Ronaldo's etc, but I know that enjoyed it more.

Deeply sorry if you find that 'strange'.

An SLR though? A true fan would have a disposable one having spent all their money on supporting their club.

A true fan would have been away off to the bar to get his pint and pies in. Or possibly nipping off just after the second goal to go home for the same.

PWND, tbh.  :blush: :lol:

I was reading a paper today at work, cant for the life of me think which, but it had the attendances for the weekend from all the leagues, and the Bundesliga is one to be commended!

15th place club was getting like 50K and all of them were getting around this, in comparison to the PL it was really impressive!

what would premiership crowds be like if it was £10 to get in. it's far cheaper in germany to go to football and good on them for having it that way

I would happily swap having the 'talent of the premiership' for having 10 quid tickets and safe standing. football would be miles better.

It's not even that much cheaper in the lower leagues in this country. I don't know how much you pay at Scunthorpe but I went to Hartlepool vs Yeovil on Monday and paid £18 to get in, standing. Would have been even more expensive had I been sitting. Absolutely scandalous and pretty typical of the prices at that level. IIRC Leeds are still charging Premiership prices. From that point of view, it's no the wonder kids would rather go glory hunting - you can get into Old Trafford for £25. That's a tiny rise in price for an astronomic rise in quality.

Btw, I know it is the second leg of the FA Vase semi-final but Whitley Bay are charging a tenner. Yes! A fucking tenner! For their match against Lowestoft. They'll do well to overturn a 4-0 deficit like.

Guest float one in

Btw, I know it is the second leg of the FA Vase semi-final but Whitley Bay are charging a tenner. Yes! A f****** tenner! For their match against Lowestoft. They'll do well to overturn a 4-0 deficit like.

10 quid is disappointing like. someone at the top must think its for the good of the club to cash in on it i suppose, but they won't win many new supporters with prices like that.

I had to pay 8 quid to watch Hemel Hempstead the other day and they are fucking crap and are about 6 divisions lower than the conference. That was just a normal league game too so I imagine it's the same every game. They do themselves no favours, if they lowered it I'd think about going again but there's no way I'm paying 8 quid to watch two god awful teams.

It's not even that much cheaper in the lower leagues in this country. I don't know how much you pay at Scunthorpe but I went to Hartlepool vs Yeovil on Monday and paid £18 to get in, standing. Would have been even more expensive had I been sitting. Absolutely scandalous and pretty typical of the prices at that level. IIRC Leeds are still charging Premiership prices. From that point of view, it's no the wonder kids would rather go glory hunting - you can get into Old Trafford for £25. That's a tiny rise in price for an astronomic rise in quality.

£15 to stand up. £13 per game if you have a season ticket (I think).

I take your point though, I used to pay about £3 to watch Scunny every week (the football was awful though, even beating Newport County 4-1 was a terrible match ;))

The fact that the prices were cheap yesterday was also a reason for the high crowd. Perhaps we should lower the prices for all games.

Season tickets are a major factor for some of our crowds though.

Some? Maybe I have picked you up wrong here, but the season ticket holders make up around 90% of the crowd. The club sold all its season tickets by January this year, and by FA law you need to keep 5% for general sale and 5% for away fans, so it would make sense to say that "Season tickets are a major factor for ALL our crowds though."

Okay, maybe I should have said 'most.' I am sure that we would have sold out for the games against Man United, Liverpool and Sunderland without the help of season ticket holders. The point I was trying to make, is that the 'unattractive games' against the likes of Birmingham and Wigan are the games that we would get shite gates for if it wasn't for season ticket holders.

Leeds is still fairly expensive compared to other League 1 teams.

Category C - £15

Category B - £20

Category A - £25

I watched a Ligue 2 game in France last August for €1 and got a free programme as well. The game finished 2-0 to Montpellier and was a quite decent standard. The highest ticket price, seating area, was €8.

For the people who like to sing, last saturday in the Liquid we sang our heads of in the toilets. (The usual toon stuff)

After half an hour(!) the security came in and it was finished.

For the people who like to sing, last saturday in the Liquid we sang our heads of in the toilets. (The usual toon stuff)

???

Guest Geordiesned

???

I can see it now...

...Y-M-C-A, it's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A!

:lol:

Guest BooBoo

What liquid?

What liquid?

Piss, I presume... ???

Guest thenorthumbrian

What liquid?

Piss, I presume... ???

Tasted the beer in there then ?

Good choice of single malt whiskey though.........

Guest thenorthumbrian

Surely everyone on this board goes to the games though ?

Guest thenorthumbrian

The ones from down South don't bother.

I can understand people with family/background connections supporting the Toon, but why would someone from down south not support a local team ?

The ones from down South don't bother.

I can understand people with family/background connections supporting the Toon, but why would someone from down south not support a local team ?

Why would someone from England not support England?