Players In Your Lifetime Better than Cristiano

Tooj

Guest wheatley74

the only person i can think of that maybe b the same as ronaldo is zindine zindane, he to could use both feet and header a ball, score goals, the lot. most of the other ones mentioned can only do 2. ronaldo is the best player in the world right now.

Rivaldo, really Jonny?

Could have done so much more with what he had, though that overhead kick is definitely in the top 10 all-time moments of football 'clutchness' (borrowing a term from the Americans).

Romario officially retired a couple of days ago as well :( I remember being woken up by my dad in the late hours of the night to watch some of the '94 WC matches, and remember seeing his goal against Sweden in the semis. Larsson's hair back then was quality :D Bebeto was a fav of mine as well with his baby-rocking celebration, which was obviously imitated quite a few times at the park the next day even though I had no idea what it meant :laugh:

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/the_limey/07/31/epl.moves/p1_cantona_0731.jpg

http://images.skysports.com/images/playerpics05_06/WorldCup2006/history/germany/matthaus_lothar1990.jpg

Have they been having another Ronaldo wankathon on TV?

Would just like to add that Hagi is the best left footed player I've ever seen.

Not looking to bash this thread at all, but it seems nowadays people are desperate not to give Ronaldo the accolades he probably deserves. Im not sure why, but in my personal opinion he is the best player on the planet at the mo.

He's onyl 23 and is nowhere near his peak which is scary, him and Messi are the stand out talents of football at the mo and for me, Ronaldo has already done enough to be considered in the same list as the likes of Zidane and Best.

I rate him that highly.

Not looking to bash this thread at all, but it seems nowadays people are desperate not to give Ronaldo the accolades he probably deserves. Im not sure why, but in my personal opinion he is the best player on the planet at the mo.

He's onyl 23 and is nowhere near his peak which is scary, him and Messi are the stand out talents of football at the mo and for me, Ronaldo has already done enough to be considered in the same list as the likes of Zidane and Best.

I rate him that highly.

Because he takes cheating to new heights, unlike MOST of the others mentioned on here.

Guest Knightrider

Ronaldo is doing the business in the toughest league in the world, at European club level and for his country and he's only 23. And he's been doing it pretty much since he arrived here in England, with year on year improvements. He has it all as an individual and right now there isn't a player on the planet that can lay claim to his title as the best player in the world in my opinion whether based on form or all-round game which he has combined together to great effect. Pound for pound he's probably the best I've seen based on the fact he really does have it all as a footballer, looking at his individual list of abilities and character.

If he can carry on playing like he is, winning major honours and being a force in the world game, I see no reason why he can't join the all-time greats list as he's easily good enough.

Ronaldo is doing the business in the toughest league in the world, at European club level and for his country and he's only 23. And he's been doing it pretty much since he arrived here in England, with year on year improvements. He has it all as an individual and right now there isn't a player on the planet that can lay claim to his title as the best player in the world in my opinion whether based on form or all-round game which he has combined together to great effect. Pound for pound he's probably the best I've seen based on the fact he really does have it all as a footballer, looking at his individual list of abilities and character.

If he can carry on playing like he is, winning major honours and being a force in the world game, I see no reason why he can't join the all-time greats list as he's easily good enough.

And none of the others had done this?

I rate him that highly.

Because he takes cheating to new heights, unlike MOST of the others mentioned on here.

Aye, Maradonna et al were absolute saints, to be fair to him he gets the shit kicked out of him and has made a concious effort to cut down on it. No excuses though.

Guest Knightrider

What's he done then? Why do you place him up there with the likes of Zidane?

Edit: to fredbob.

Who me? He isn't quite in that class of "great" yet as he hasn't achieved the level of greatness the likes of Zidane has, but as a footballer he's arguably a better all-rounder, or rather at the same age, Zidane wasn't this good. IMO of course.

Guest Knightrider

And none of the others had done this?

Not all of them, no. That's not my point anyway, I said what I did to illustrate just how good Ronaldo has been and not just is in to say hey, this isn't as if he's some new boy wonder, this has been coming.