Barton: 7,5.

Martins: 8.

Owen: 7,5.

Viduka: 7.

Subs:

Smith: 4.

Carrol: s/c.

Edgar: s/c.

On youtube rewatching that spectacular goal bergkamp scored against us and i just happen to find this comment:

Great goal from a cunt against cunts

Forget the ars*nil & chelski scum you lot are now the most hated club in my eyes.

U are shit and always will be! I find losing 5 in a row against you shit cunts real hard to take and bewildering?

You have been fucked up by everyone all year and yet we simply cannot beat you.

One day this jinx will end and we will fuck you up good & proper.

I am fucking livid at my team and cannot wait for next next season u cunts

U shit cunts...

:lol:

Great to hear that Keegan is encouraging Oba to run at people more. I've watched him for years for Nigeria and he does so much more running at pople for the national team.

It's almost as though he's been trying a bit too hard to fit in at Newcastle and not been himself completely on the pitch.

There's more to come from that fella I tell thee!

Keegan is turning out to be a God send for our players. His impact on so many of these guys has been quite astounding.

Guest rebel_yell12

i hope a copy of the game appears on the net, i could quite easily watch the full 90 again

This is why I have TiVo -- I can rewatch this match for years if I like, it's saved on the digital cable  :celb:

Speaking of, when watching the match, you can actually hear Keegan shouting at Oba to "go at him, go at him!" against O'Hara.  I almost felt bad for O'Hara, as he's a midfielder not a leftback, and Spurs were dealing with Newcastle's front three who all looked dangerous especially in the second half.  How sh*** must the atmosphere have been though (and only at 1-2) that even over the commentator, you can hear Keegan (one man) shouting?  Mint fans, Spurs.  I could clearly hear the Newcastle chants at several points during the match (more than the Spurs fans, actually) and loved hearing chants for a good selection of players -- including a good & loud one when Owen come off.  I plan to enjoy my TiVo quite a bit. 

Guest BooBoo

In the Chronicle Keegan called it the best away performance he's managed since he first came as manager in 92.

Gotta be going some to beat that time we demolished Everton 3-1 at Goodison.

Thats still my fave KK away perfomance. Should have been six or seven.

In the Chronicle Keegan called it the best away performance he's managed since he first came as manager in 92.

Gotta be going some to beat that time we demolished Everton 3-1 at Goodison.

Thats still my fave KK away perfomance. Should have been six or seven.

and their 1 (limpar) was about 5yds offside(no exaggeration)

Nothing summed up Keegan's positive approach better than Owen's goal. Martins collected the ball near the halfway line with Jamie O'Hara blocking his way. Keegan rushed to the touchline and screamed: "Run at him, attack him". Martins obeyed. O'Hara, scared of incurring a second yellow card, tackled gingerly. Martins skipped by. He rolled the ball into Viduka, who deftly flicked it into the path of the oncoming Owen and he coolly scooped a shot past Robinson.

f****** love it. :smitten:

It was one of my best Toon goals for quite some time, simply for the fact that not only did the goal involved all our three strikers, but also them doing what they are best at.

Martin's direct running, combined with Viduka's deft flicks and intelligence and Owen finishing = GOAL

Guest optimistic nit

Only once under Allardyce, and they battered us 2-3 last time at WHL.

we've only beaten them once under keegan :lol:

Keegan's man management skills already doing wonders. Such a wonderful aura about the club now.

He really does deserve applauding. A couple of weeks ago, he was insisting to the press that everyone blame him, not Owen - whilst continuing to encourage and praise him. Owen starts scoring again!

Next port of call - getting the best out of the fantastically talented Oba. Keegan is an ancient grandmaster at getting the best out of his players.

As someone mentioned earlier, I haven't celebrated at a Newcastle goal as much as I did for that fourth in far, far too long.

Guest Phil K

now how can the london hacks spin this ?

Spurs nothing to play for, easing off etc.

Quite spot-on that Dave.

Thats exactly what many of the rags (and the stinking Beeb) DID say.

You can almost SEE their pet lips trembling !

A superb performance and almost impossible to spot ANY Newcastle player that didnt perform well.

But Beye/Geremi/Barton/Butt were SUPERLATIVE.

If only they'd played half this well against the Gloryhunters of Man U or the mirror-kissers of Liverpool.

Still, I can't believe it - I'm actually confident we're on our way up, up up !

nice to see the before game assumptions then watch how the game pans out from another perspective.

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/forums/thread/339097.aspx

That was very interesting - and the fairest I've seen other fans.

Very little pettiness, and they are more honest than I'm used to with many opponents forums.

Guest mr quimbys beard

Still buzzin from Sundays game, wish Keegan had arrived a couple of months beforehand maybe we could of been pushing for a euro spot, roll on next season, oh happy days.

Still buzzin from Sundays game, wish Keegan had arrived a couple of months beforehand maybe we could of been pushing for a euro spot, roll on next season, oh happy days.

Is that because he think he might have signed people in January if he'd have been here earlier?

I can't believe people are over-reacting like this on the back of 2 or 3 results, all of which should have been expected in a way.

Speaking of, when watching the match, you can actually hear Keegan shouting at Oba to "go at him, go at him!" against O'Hara.  I almost felt bad for O'Hara, as he's a midfielder not a leftback, and Spurs were dealing with Newcastle's front three who all looked dangerous especially in the second half.  How sh*** must the atmosphere have been though (and only at 1-2) that even over the commentator, you can hear Keegan (one man) shouting?  Mint fans, Spurs.  I could clearly hear the Newcastle chants at several points during the match (more than the Spurs fans, actually) and loved hearing chants for a good selection of players -- including a good & loud one when Owen come off.  I plan to enjoy my TiVo quite a bit. 

If you didn't look at the stands, you would have through this was a home game for Newcastle.  When the chants started you could hear the Geordie fans coming through loud and clear. Didn't hear any Spurs chants.

I can't believe people are over-reacting like this on the back of 2 or 3 results, all of which should have been expected in a way.

You mean you can't believe people are happy and a new wave of optimism is springing up?

After the preceeding 9 or 10 games no-one expected to kick Spurs arse like that. After the season we've suffered this medicine was exactly what the doctor ordered.

on newcastle world the stats for the match.... it says spacks had 10 shots on target and 8 shots off while we had 9 on target and 8 off...i cant recall them have 8 shots nevermind 18?!

You mean you can't believe people are happy and a new wave of optimism is springing up?

After the preceeding 9 or 10 games no-one expected to kick Spurs arse like that. After the season we've suffered this medicine was exactly what the doctor ordered.

No, that's not what I mean. Of course I understand that people are happy and optimistic, but to say that we'd be qualifying for Europe if Keegan had come sooner is nonsense (although if he'd been manager from summer I'd agree).

I just can't believe how fickle people are. As Baggio said in the other thread; lose to Reading and people will mention relegation again.