Joey Barton gets six months in jail - See page 4

morgs
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was a good debate on this on 5 live, no one mentioned his brother, which made a refreshing change. Though lot of people on saying the FA should ban him and such like, lot of moaners on like.

Guest BooBoo

It was Peter Crouch who said the fans were vicious and Barton simply told that story in his interview that appeared as a hysterical front page story in the Sun.

Peter Crouch said the Newcastle fans were vicious? Obviously defending Joey Barton is a passionate cause for some people here. Well Newcastle fans ringing out a few boos hasn't seen them locked up for 6 months so let's get things in context here.

Peter Crouch said the Newcastle fans were vicious? Obviously defending Joey Barton is a passionate cause for some people here. Well Newcastle fans ringing out a few boos hasn't seen them locked up for 6 months so let's get things in context here.

:idiot2:

Like I said, obviously defending Joey Barton is a passionate cause for some people here.

Like I said, obviously defending Joey Barton is a passionate cause for some people here.

Who's defending him?  In terms of what he's done, he has gone to jail and fully deserves it.

All people are commenting on is whether the club should get rid of him or not.  There's a massive difference between defending the individual & that.

Hmmm obviously we shouldn't pay him while he's in jail. But I think that we should keep him, on the proviso that if he does anything else wrong he's out on his arse.

I think when he gets out of jail he'll have less on his mind, and he'll play much better than last year. He'll also have a reason to feel loyal to us. And he'll have a big point to prove. I think he could have a barnstorming year on that basis.

So even though he was utter shite for most of last season I say keep him, but at the first training session missed etc. sack him.

Another hole to be filled, esp if he does MORE time after the other pending case..

Would never have signed him personally, but the fact that Allardyce did shows how the club now have to take chances on players like this because the REAL top players won't join NUFC.

Does anyone think Wenger would have signed Barton, even for 2m ??

Look how he got rid of Anelka at at huge profit, once he realised tha player was going to be a problem....

Whether Barton goes or not depends purely on whether NUFC has the budget(or the ability) to replace him.

Guest mobiius

I'm not familiar with the English Justice system, but it seems when someone "famous" or high profile gets sentenced to jail time here in the states they only end up serve a fraction of the time.  Like I think Paris Hilton was sentenced to 2 months and ended up serving 3 or 4 days if that.  Is Barton going to be serving the full 6 months?

out of 6months he will do 3mths out of that 3 months and due to the current overcrowding of British jails he may be released early on an electronic tag so worst ways he will do 3 mths and best he will do 6 wks plus there is the time he spent on remand which will come off automatically

Guest The Libertine

"And his latest incident which saw him punch one man 20 times before attacking a teenage boy leaving him with broken teeth, resulted in Barton being jailed"

i didnt realise it was that bad.

No doubt he's proper scum and addicted to alcohol.When he's had a few ( lots actually) he's  more  prone to violence.. like lots of highly testosteroned males. Hopefully, a few months in the slammer will dry him out and along with help he can sort out his addiction.

In any other walk of life, he be sacked for gross misconduct.

Guest sondre

if we are to keep him, i hope his fitness doesnt drop to much. would be difficult to come back in shape after 3 months in the can, with an arse wide as a bucket.

Guest microbar

Jail is the best place for Scum like barton he will never change,

If keegan has any sense he will get rid of the phsyco now,

There are players who will not come to newcastle while barton is here.

Guest loonietoonie

NEWCASTLE UNITED

In:

Out: Peter Ramage( Released, QPR), Stephen Carr (released), Joey Barton (jailed).

Rumoured Targets: Dean Ashton (West Ham), Shaun-Wright Phillips (Chelsea), Amara Diane (Paris St Germain), Richard Dunne (Manchester City), Nicky Shorey (Reading), John Arne Riise (Liverpool).

football 365 twats  :laugh:

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8750_3588666,00.html