I reckon we're going to take off again...

Guest Knightrider

I reckon we're going to take off again...

So do I Coach, so do I.

......................... :frantic:...................................... :frantic:...........................  Us, flying on the adrenaline.

................................................. :hunter:...................................................... Asst. Press & Pundits

:band:

It depends what people deem as success. If it's winning a trophy, that would be nice but there are no guarantees in life, unless you can spend more than everyone else by a considerable margin like Chelsea did. If it's getting us up there challenging for the top 4 then I know Keegan can do that. Already these players are responding, just the same way his previous teams did. Keegan takes all the pressure and just gives the players the belief and confidence to play the right way. Think back to some of the things he was saying when we were struggling.

"if you are afraid of making a difficult pass, you'll never make a good pass"

Big Sam was scared to make a simple pass and it showed in his team - and that was when we weren't in a relegation battle. Imagine how much courage it takes to ask your team to play good football when you are in danger of going down. Keegan is an inspiraional leader with clarity of vision and the ability to command fierce loyalty from his players. If he's given the backing and support required he'll deliver.

"so, which trophy will we win first?"

uefa cup imo, there arent many euro teams we cant beat.  Its a bit of random cup though, the champ L drop outs can really screw it up, but some years its not that hard.....well to reach last 16 anyway, getting past semis is a bit harder.

Only teams i fear in europe are the spanish teams  eg sevilla.  With the exception of the 2 milans, all the italian teams are in theory beatable. Even bolton managed to play quite well in uefa this season, so what could we do!!

imo i cant see us winning a domestic trophy, we arent a lucky club, and the domestic cups take huge slice of luck with the draw.....we keep hitting the big teams, and getting splattered.

maybe next year, we can win the fair play league?

Guest float one in

It depends what people deem as success. If it's winning a trophy, that would be nice but there are no guarantees in life, unless you can spend more than everyone else by a considerable margin like Chelsea did. If it's getting us up there challenging for the top 4 then I know Keegan can do that. Already these players are responding, just the same way his previous teams did. Keegan takes all the pressure and just gives the players the belief and confidence to play the right way. Think back to some of the things he was saying when we were struggling.

Big Sam was scared to make a simple pass and it showed in his team - and that was when we weren't in a relegation battle. Imagine how much courage it takes to ask your team to play good football when you are in danger of going down. Keegan is an inspiraional leader with clarity of vision and the ability to command fierce loyalty from his players. If he's given the backing and support required he'll deliver.

:thup: Well put, Tron.

Guest teepee

i'm not so sure tbh - i think the game has become so much more competitive since he was here last, and i am not sure he has the required mentality to cope with it.

i am still hopefull, however, and at least he has realised that attacking football is best for us and him over the last couple of matches

Guest Flair

Only two games ago we were doomed to relegation.  :rolleyes: How fickle?  :coolsmiley: Will be take off again (anytime soon), the answer is no. Will we be competeting for top 8, yes.  O0

I think we have been seeing positive stuff from the team in drips and drabs, it picked up against Blackburn which we lost but we did create some decent chances to win it.

For the first time this season (against Brum) we went one down and the team came out the second half and got back into the game by playing them off the park.

Fulham, we played some canny stuff and got our rewards.

Spurs were played off the park in their own back yard.

At the start of the season I thought we had a canny team that would score goals, but SA was only interested in stopping the opposition.

KK has released the players from their slumber.

Next season will be much different, I think we will be a good side.  I've not see much in this league to be scared of, top 4 yes, the rest no.

Guest float one in

I think we have been seeing positive stuff from the team in drips and drabs, it picked up against Blackburn which we lost but we did create some decent chances to win it.

For the first time this season (against Brum) we went one down and the team came out the second half and got back into the game by playing them off the park.

Fulham, we played some canny stuff and got our rewards.

Spurs were played off the park in their own back yard.

At the start of the season I thought we had a canny team that would score goals, but SA was only interested in stopping the opposition.

KK has released the players from their slumber.

Next season will be much different, I think we will be a good side.  I've not see much in this league to be scared of, top 4 yes, the rest no.

Aye, and it could really be more of a top 3 next season depending on what happens at Liverpool in the summer, cos it all looks far from settled there at the moment. I'm not saying we'll get a Champs League spot but I've got confidence that KK will get this squad, plus a few quality additions, moving past the likes of Blackburn, West Ham, Man City, Villa, even Spurs might not be that strong if Berbatov goes. Then we'll be looking up towards Everton and Liverpool. It's all very hypothetical at the moment but I always thought that if KK could keep us up we might be a bit of a force to be reckoned with next season, especially after seeing how we took the game to Blackburn having been howked all over the shop by all and sundry in the month or so preceding that match!

It wasn't just the winning. It was the togetherness, the battling qualities, and the confidence, starting from the second half at Birmingham.

Seeing us perform like that, after months and months of worrying and shite, is nothing short of a miracle. Well done King Kev, I never doubted you for a second.  :thup:

Hahaha, win two games and we get this reaction?

We've won two games guys, TWO games.

to be fair, i think its the manner in which we've done it, its a full 180 degree change tothe way we were 3-4 months ago with exactly the saem squad. Part of me agrees with the quote because in the end it is 2 games, but the other part thinks that there is a new found stability and confidence in the club whic could take us absolutley anywhere.

The only way newcastle will ever play under keegan is to attack attack and attack and i think  alot of pople are thinking that with the backing Ashley will hopefully give and the way Keegan will utilize those players makes for an exciting future.

Im already anticipating the first game of next season.

Guest smarty2006

Spot On Big TRon  :clap:

Guest BigAl2

Keegan has and will get us playing better football, how far we can go under his leadership depends on the backing he gets in this summers transfer window.

Lets not kid ourselves we need more than a couple of signings to take us to the next level, infact with the players that will be moving on in the summer we probably need 8 to 12 new faces in the summer to improve and strengthen the squad.

I am very much behind Keegan you know you can trust him and he will do everything in his power to get it right.

Well, He was the guy who led us to glory.

So, why not this time?

no he didnt, just better times.

Glory doesn't necessarily mean winning a trophy..

Hahaha, win two games and we get this reaction?

We've won two games guys, TWO games.

Surely its obvious this isn't just about two games..  It just so happens that those two games (along with the point at Birmingham) have ended the worry of relegation.  Most people have been excited about what Keegan could achieve with Ashley's money since he arrived, but that excitement has had to go on hold while we were in real trouble of relegation.

I get the same feeling Coach and I normally try to stay level headed.

Two wins in itself means little, it's the manner in which Keegan has gone about it which is so impressive. He is still the supreme motivator, instils high standards and knows a player when he sees one.

With Keegan as manager, Ashley pulling the strings and 50,000 of us baying for success I think we have reason to be optimistic.

Keegan has and will get us playing better football, how far we can go under his leadership depends on the backing he gets in this summers transfer window.

Lets not kid ourselves we need more than a couple of signings to take us to the next level, infact with the players that will be moving on in the summer we probably need 8 to 12 new faces in the summer to improve and strengthen the squad.

I am very much behind Keegan you know you can trust him and he will do everything in his power to get it right.

I don't think he'll make anywhere near that many changes for a number of very good reasons:

He's already gone on record as saying, he only needs 2 or 3 more first teamers and some squad filling.

He would loose the players confidence after talking them up only to make wholesale changes in the summer. They'll not be able to trust a word he says again.

IMO he genuinely believes what he says about the team being not that far off.

The only thing I can see changing this is if his hand is forced by players wanting out and I don't think too many will want to jump ship in the summer.

My prediction as I said in another thread is 3 to 4 players capable of fighting for a first team spot will be brought in, with some potential stars being brought in to fatten the squad a little.

I think the good times are coming back too! Success for me is winning a trophy and I dont care whether its the Carling Cup, FA Cup, Premiership, Uefa Cup or European Cup (I think we can definitely rule out at least 2 of those!).

But, for the next 2-3 seasons success for me would be getting back into the Top 6 and standing a chance of winning a trophy. That means going on a cup run and believing we have a chance, rather than simply knowing we wont win it. Its not impossible, look at this years FA Cup Semi-Finalists.

Guest Knightrider

Again, for those saying "it's only 2 games" etc., this isn't about the performances or points haul recently, although very welcome they have been, nor is it about this team which is shite in my opinion, no it's more about Kevin Keegan and the club under him and Ashley (& Mort) that I have faith in, which means I have faith in the club per se as they are the club along with us lot. I just don't see a piss poor future with KK here, he's too positive, too influential, too good. Especially if Ashley backs him with good cold hard cash and lots of it. I'm also full of positivity from the fact that fans will get right behind KK and seem to trust him (too fucking rights as well). Despite a good portion being happy with Big Sam's appointment, fans never got behind him. When he was appointed it was a case of "he's OK, now lets see what he can do", with KK it's different, we know what he can do, he doesn't have to convince us and we love him so we will simply get right behind him and together that can be a force as it once was.

I guess it all boils down to my confidence in KK and how much I trust him that makes me feel this way and it's fucking great people, just being able to not worry about all the little details, to be able to sit back and relax and soak it all in while the man running things works his magic which I know he'll do, it was always a case of when and not if or even how. It's took a few games to work a bit of it of course but never in a million years would I have put that team with those players down as 4-1 winners away to Spurs in the manner in which we did which makes a mockery of our season, those players' performances for the majority of it and our league position in the table.

Again he's too good a Toon manager to not do well here, I don't know but I really do think we are made for each other, that it is KK or no-one (until another KK comes along) and before people write about talking sentimental bollocks or living in the past, Liverpool are still searching for another Shankley or Paisley, Spurs another Nicholson, Everton another Kendal, and Man Utd will be searching for another Fergie one day, Arsenal another Wenger too. NUFC needs a KK and KK needs a NUFC to be successful. Well he's back and I will nail my colors to the mast here and now and say he will do very well here once again.

See Tron's post about doing well...

For me we'll take off again and get back to the levels we were at under Sir Bobby with only KK's imagination and the 100% backing and support of everyone at the club for KK an obstacle to just how much we can really achieve.

Won't happen over night of course, but it will.

If it doesn't it won't be for a want of trying because KK will want to take us back to where he did first time around and will want to eclipse it even make no mistakes about that and I don't know about you but that's a very exciting prospect. KK is no ordinary bloke, read his autobiography, he's an overachiever and does things in a remarkable way, as we all should know.

Anyway I am going to believe, in KK and this club and if that turns out to be folly, more fool me.

Again, for those saying "it's only 2 games" etc., this isn't about the performances or points haul recently, although very welcome they have been, nor is it about this team which is s**** in my opinion, no it's more about Kevin Keegan and the club under him and Ashley (& Mort) that I have faith in, which means I have faith in the club per se as they are the club along with us lot. I just don't see a piss poor future with KK here, he's too positive, too influential, too good. Especially if Ashley backs him with good cold hard cash and lots of it. I'm also full of positivity from the fact that fans will get right behind KK and seem to trust him (too f****** rights as well). Despite a good portion being happy with Big Sam's appointment, fans never got behind him. When he was appointed it was a case of "he's OK, now lets see what he can do", with KK it's different, we know what he can do, he doesn't have to convince us and we love him so we will simply get right behind him and together that can be a force as it once was.

I guess it all boils down to my confidence in KK and how much I trust him that makes me feel this way and it's f****** great people, just being able to not worry about all the little details, to be able to sit back and relax and soak it all in while the man running things works his magic which I know he'll do, it was always a case of when and not if or even how. It's took a few games to work a bit of it of course but never in a million years would I have put that team with those players down as 4-1 winners away to Spurs in the manner in which we did which makes a mockery of our season, those players' performances for the majority of it and our league position in the table.

Again he's too good a Toon manager to not do well here, I don't know but I really do think we are made for each other, that it is KK or no-one (until another KK comes along) and before people write about talking sentimental bollocks or living in the past, Liverpool are still searching for another Shankley or Paisley, Spurs another Nicholson, Everton another Kendal, and Man Utd will be searching for another Fergie one day, Arsenal another Wenger too. NUFC needs a KK and KK needs a NUFC to be successful. Well he's back and I will nail my colors to the mast here and now and say he will do very well here once again.

See Tron's post about doing well...

For me we'll take off again and get back to the levels we were at under Sir Bobby with only KK's imagination and the 100% backing and support of everyone at the club for KK an obstacle to just how much we can really achieve.

Won't happen over night of course, but it will.

If it doesn't it won't be for a want of trying because KK will want to take us back to where he did first time around and will want to eclipse it even make no mistakes about that and I don't know about you but that's a very exciting prospect. KK is no ordinary bloke, read his autobiography, he's an overachiever and does things in a remarkable way, as we all should know.

Anyway I am going to believe, in KK and this club and if that turns out to be folly, more fool me.

I don't know why it's difficult for people to see this.

I personally have been blown away by Keegans approach and demeanour towards not just the players, but the fans and especially the press, who have been harsh leading up to recent better results. Still he remained calm and was never flustered.

Keegan has been so sure of himself and his players to the point I was beginning to wonder if he had taken a turn for the worse upstairs, but his calm confident manner jsut had me feeling that he was well in control.

I'm happy things have started to take a turn for the better and it sure looks like the only way is up right now.