Glen Johnson

Cajun

Seems to be playing like the Glen Johnson we saw at West Ham, anyone think a double swoop for him and Bridge might be worth a punt if he keeps up this form till January?

Yes.

But is he not loaned out for the season?

Seems to be playing like the Glen Johnson we saw at West Ham, anyone think a double swoop for him and Bridge might be worth a punt if he keeps up this form till January?

Yes.

But is he not loaned out for the season?

I was thinking that, im not really 100% sure how loans work.

Surely unless Pompey have paid to loan him Chelsea have the right to do what they like with him? I know they had to pay Charlton £1m when Carlton Cole refused to go back for a second season loan but that was because the loan was part of the Parker deal.

I'm getting worried that Bridge are getting too many games. Don't think he'll come, hope I'm wrong though, rate him highly

I wouldn't worry about that tbf, I doubt he'd want to play second fiddle to cole at chelsea like he does at England, he'd never get a chance to prove himself.

Guest Gemmill

WHAAAAT?!  Stephen Carr is in the form of his life, commanding respect in the dressing room like nobody's business, and yet some on here want him replaced.

You people disgust me.

• 2 months later...

With January coming up I still think he could be an option. Not sure how it works buying a loaned player, surely if Pompey haven't paid anything to loan him Chelsea can sell when they like?

Played well again today apparently.

taking them both will be HUGE,might help us to actually reach the uefa cup (hell,maybe even the champs league!!)

but isn't glenn johnson on a season loan to pompy,or is it just till january?

because mourinho really needs a decent right back at the moment and glen might just get his chance..

• 1 year later...

Right, i'm sure this is the right guy!!!!!!!

This chappy looked like a great prospect at WHam, SBR enquired iirc, went to Chewsea for sill money, started well, got raped by Bolton (remember it like it was yesterday) and went seriously downhill. Can't remember what happened next but then he ended up at Portsmouth where he's looked an accomplished RB. They really missed him yesterday imo.

2 points:

i) Habib is the wrong side of 30, GJ would be a good replacement, don't know if he's want to come or if MA would pay for him, shame.

ii) i reckon Enrique (it's like i'm his mum or something...) would take less time to turn into a good LB. Just a bit of patience and perserverence.

This chappy looked like a great prospect at WHam, SBR enquired iirc, went to Chewsea for sill money, started well, got raped by Bolton (remember it like it was yesterday) and went seriously downhill. Can't remember what happened next but then he ended up at Portsmouth where he's looked an accomplished RB. They really missed him yesterday imo.

2 points:

i) Habib is the wrong side of 30, GJ would be a good replacement, don't know if he's want to come or if MA would pay for him, shame.

ii) i reckon Enrique (it's like i'm his mum or something...) would take less time to turn into a good LB. Just a bit of patience and perserverence.

Don't you mean Boris Johnson?

2 points:

Don't you mean Boris Johnson?

Michael.