Beye today...

Willow

Guest Guinness

Beye's top class, couldn't ask any more from a right back. I've no doubts he'll continue to serve us well even if he is getting on a bit.

beye has being class all season

the other thing i like with beye is he always seems to come over to the fans at full time (with the likes of smith/taylor) look at him today. as soon as full time whistle went he was straight off to the crowd took his top off and handed it to a fan. then stayed with taylor and celebrated with the gallowgate whilst most the other players wandered off into the changing rooms

Guest Beachcomber

Totally agree that Beye has been our best and most consistant player this seaon.

I think that the reason for his increased confidence and success of getting forward more is because of the excellent relationship he has developed with Geremi. When Beye gets forward Gereni drops in behind and gives him experienced cover. It is also much more difficult for teams to sucessfully attack down our right.

He's always tried to get forward but the last half dozen games or so he's got more drive and end product to his game.

Really good to see him go forward without fear of being hacked down.

Guest teepee

Another quality performance, I'd now like to see him play in right-midfield (in a 4-4-2).

in another thread someone suggests switching enrique to centre back - if you people get your way it we will then have zoggy and carr as full backs instead of the two best full backs we've had in years :D

Another quality performance, I'd now like to see him play in right-midfield (in a 4-4-2).

err....no, Big Sam! :lol:

I've watched Beye for years and I've always felt he could do a job on the wing as he is good going forward and can defend as well.

I'm not suggesting it should become his position, I'm just saying it would be interesting to see how he played there.

I fucking love the guy.

Every now and then we get a foreigner who just comes along and blends right into the city, the people, the culture and the club. Simliar to Tino and Nobby.

He loves the fans and we love him. Fucking legend. Vice captain by a mile.

err....no, Big Sam! :lol:

I've watched Beye for years and I've always felt he could do a job on the wing as he is good going forward and can defend as well.

I'm not suggesting it should become his position, I'm just saying it would be interesting to see how he played there.

To me he never looks comfortable when he's attacking with the ball. Superb right back, just leave him there.

The bloke is class, best RB I've ever seen at newcastle.

what about Warren Barton?

Joke, surely?

Warren Barton was the best attacking right back in the league at the time. Just a shame he didn't defend quite as well.

The opposite of Beye.

Guest elpapi

The bloke is class, best RB I've ever seen at newcastle.

what about Warren Barton?

Joke, surely?

Surely :-)

Was Warren Barton the most expensive defender in the World when we signed him?

Aye, I believe it was a world record at the time (£4m iirc) for a defender.